Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 23873 times)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 11:07:24 PM »

who (mail order) offers the best deal on Gerbing Heated Clothing. Also, am i reading correctly? One control box controls Gloves, Jacket liner and Pant liner? Thanks

Here's a company out of Littleton, CO that offers Gerbing gear for 20% off: http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp 
Just use the code GERB002 at checkout as the advertisement says. I bought a heated jacket liner, temperature control and splitter cable from them last week, they shipped the same day and I recieved it a few days later. It turned out the jacket liner fit ok, but I wanted a little more stretch room in the arms and they were very easy to deal with on the exchange - all I had to do was ship it back and they are sending a new one to me. It is the only place that I have found that offers discounts on new Gerbing products other than factory blems.

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:23 AM »

My wife and I ourchased the jacket liner form harley and the G3 gloves from Gerbing, along with a dual thermostat and couldnt be happier. We dont need them often hee in SOuthern Claifornia but they are very nice and get you on the road a few hours earlier in the morning especailly when heading up into the mountains. We went to Colorado a few summers ago for a Harly rally and were leaving Breackenridge for Steamboat Springs one morning Julie and I both had the gear on and were leading,when I looked back I could see the other members of our gorup hunkered down behind their windshields . When we stopped for coffe they were all frozen but Julie and I had been snug as a bug in a rug. I highly recommend heated gear. My wife has since purchased a set of heated socks and she enjoys them

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 11:55:56 PM »

Wish I could help ya.  Don't have any.  Never found a need.

marshall10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHX
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 12:29:12 AM »

Yes they are the same.. You can usually get 10 or 20 % off on sale days from Harley . I could not find any discounts on Gerbing.   Billy
I bought the harley jacket liner, cost me about $220, Gering was about $196 but there are no dealers around here so I would've had to pay shipping. The liner works great, just make sure it is tight fitting. Also you might want to look ino getting a rheostat for it. Both the Harley and Gering only come with on/off switch and it gets HOT fast when I am going slow/stopped.
Anyone can piss on the floor, but Chuck Norris can crap on the ceiling.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »

Now youze got me looking at this heated stuff too! I get cold now being on this Coumadin crap. So I just checked Gerbing's site and they show 2 different jacket liners. One's the "Signature Series". The other is the regular one. Both the same price. The Sig Series sounds better. What's the story there? Anything different or a gimmick? :nixweiss:

http://www.gerbing.com/Products/liners.php

Does the pants liner plug into the jacket liner? Doesn't say on the pants liner page. I have a dual temp controller already from the gloves I never used yet. Will that be good for everything? What about a second set for Binx? What do I need to do for temp control then? I have only one connection on the battery right now. :confused5:

After that, I'll have a whole bunch more chit I'll prolly never use! I hope not!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Thanks gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:02:22 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »

I'm not sure what to get either, Hoist.  I'm hearing some say the glove liners are better than the gloves and concensus seems to be that the jacket liner needs to fit tightly for best heating.  Are you planning on using the better connectors or just use the battery tender connection to the battery?  What's with the blood thinner?  :confused5:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »

I'm not sure what to get either, Hoist.  I'm hearing some say the glove liners are better than the gloves and concensus seems to be that the jacket liner needs to fit tightly for best heating.  Are you planning on using the better connectors or just use the battery tender connection to the battery?  What's with the blood thinner?  :confused5:  spyder

Ah, been on that over a year or so when they found poling around a weak heart muscle. This controls it, but that stuff freaks me out a lil! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I have a separate connection for heated gear, and another for the battery tender. I already have a dual-temp controller. I think I want to get pants and jacket liners. Not sure what to do with the gloves yet. What kinda gloves do you use with these liners? My winter gloves are fairly snug already. I was hoping they'd take my older G3's that have never been used, and trade me for the newer ones. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 07:42:49 PM »

Not sure what to do with the gloves yet. What kinda gloves do you use with these liners? My winter gloves are fairly snug already. I was hoping they'd take my older G3's that have never been used, and trade me for the newer ones. ;)

Hoist! 8)
And what is wrong with your present G3's?  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »

And what is wrong with your present G3's?  :-\ spyder

They're a touch small, and I can't get the gauntlet over my coat. I heard they had that issue. They were a gift, so I never got to try them on first. I hear they have larger gauntlets on them now. Maybe they'll trade me for mine. I hear they're good like that. I hope so anyway! ;)

Hoist! 8)

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

Now youze got me looking at this heated stuff too! I get cold now being on this Coumadin crap. So I just checked Gerbing's site and they show 2 different jacket liners. One's the "Signature Series". The other is the regular one. Both the same price. The Sig Series sounds better. What's the story there? Anything different or a gimmick? :nixweiss:

http://www.gerbing.com/Products/liners.php

Does the pants liner plug into the jacket liner? Doesn't say on the pants liner page. I have a dual temp controller already from the gloves I never used yet. Will that be good for everything? What about a second set for Binx? What do I need to do for temp control then? I have only one connection on the battery right now. :confused5:

After that, I'll have a whole bunch more chit I'll prolly never use! I hope not!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Thanks gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Howie,

The sig series looks like a limited promotion to me.  Very similar to the regular liner, but you get the hanger and a pouch and an extra outside zippered pocket that you'll probably never use.  (how could you possibly choose grey over black?)  Anyway, the stuff sure is warm!  You will need another controller for the pants liner if you want to run the temp differently from the jacket.  The jacket, pants and gloves will pretty much max out your electrical load per connector though and I'd make sure to carry some extra 15A fuses along.   I have the Gerbings jacket liner and the G3's and use their dual controller which works out well.  The gloves keep my hands warm, but never hot with them set all the way up, but try that with the jacket liner and you'll be visiting the local burn unit.  As for the pants liners, just too confining for me.  I would much rather prefer some nice lined over-pants that you can slip off easily when you stop for eating breaks, etc.  Any way you look at it though, the Gerbings is top notch and really extends the riding season as long as there is none of that frozen crap on the road.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:45:28 PM by lilbear »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »

They're a touch small, and I can't get the gauntlet over my coat. I heard they had that issue. They were a gift, so I never got to try them on first. I hear they have larger gauntlets on them now. Maybe they'll trade me for mine. I hear they're good like that. I hope so anyway! ;)

Hoist! 8)
I've got the liners on order, will let you know what I think when they arrive...  Gotta figure out wiring since I don't have a Gerbings jacket.  Heatroller sells a "y" for the gloves/socks that am going to have the wife sew tabs into my jacket to hold in place.  I love my Exo2 jacket, the flexibility of the battery hasworked out well, I have been too lazy to wire in the bikes and the battery lasts for a ride in and home from work.

Sean

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:03 AM »

Howie,

The sig series looks like a limited promotion to me.  Very similar to the regular liner, but you get the hanger and a pouch and an extra outside zippered pocket that you'll probably never use.  (how could you possibly choose grey over black?)  Anyway, the stuff sure is warm!  You will need another controller for the pants liner if you want to run the temp differently from the jacket.  The jacket, pants and gloves will pretty much max out your electrical load per connector though and I'd make sure to carry some extra 15A fuses along.   I have the Gerbings jacket liner and the G3's and use their dual controller which works out well.  The gloves keep my hands warm, but never hot with them set all the way up, but try that with the jacket liner and you'll be visiting the local burn unit.  As for the pants liners, just too confining for me.  I would much rather prefer some nice lined over-pants that you can slip off easily when you stop for eating breaks, etc.  Any way you look at it though, the Gerbings is top notch and really extends the riding season as long as there is none of that frozen crap on the road.

Craig

Thanks for the write up Craig. I think I'll strart with the jacket liner, and see if they'll replace my G3's as well. I'll use my dual temp controller for both to control the temp independently. I'll see where that takes me. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

Thanks for the write up Craig. I think I'll strart with the jacket liner, and see if they'll replace my G3's as well. I'll use my dual temp controller for both to control the temp independently. I'll see where that takes me. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist. Install the temp. control in your fairing. Makes it easy that way. I guess you'll have to buy a fairing after all. THE MUFFMAN

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »

Hey Howie, I just bought a set of the classic men's and tried the g-3s I believe the gauntlets on both style gloves are the same.The gauntlets barelyfit over my leather jacket cuffs.  The gloves come with the extra fuses and wires. Battery conection and long leads for use w/o jacket. The dual use thermostat works great for controlling jacket and gloves on one circut and socks and pant liners on the other. I'm riding my scoot to work tomorrow, it's forcasted to be in the 30's in the morning. As for heated stuff for Binx, you'll have to have another battery connection and dual controller for her as well. I bought the jacket liner, pants, and socks. I believe there comming out with a insert for your boots instead of the heated socks......................I'll give you a update on the cold ride to work tomorrow...............Fuzz :2vrolijk_21:      
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »

Hey Howie, I just bought a set of the classic men's and tried the g-3s I believe the gauntlets on both style gloves are the same.The gauntlets barelyfit over my leather jacket cuffs.  The gloves come with the extra fuses and wires. Battery conection and long leads for use w/o jacket. The dual use thermostat works great for controlling jacket and gloves on one circut and socks and pant liners on the other. I'm riding my scoot to work tomorrow, it's forcasted to be in the 30's in the morning. As for heated stuff for Binx, you'll have to have another battery connection and dual controller for her as well. I bought the jacket liner, pants, and socks. I believe there comming out with a insert for your boots instead of the heated socks......................I'll give you a update on the cold ride to work tomorrow...............Fuzz :2vrolijk_21:      

Cool Rich!!! (I mean warm!) ;D

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the road test. Too bad about the gaunlets. Strange making a winter glove that won't go over a heavy jacket though. WTH were they thinking? :confused5:

I figured I'd need another connection for Binx unless I only go with jacket liners and plug the gloves into them. Then we can use the same dual controller on 1 connector. Already sounds too cumbersome just reading this though! :nixweiss:

Hope they keep ya toasty tomorrow! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.