Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children."  (Read 1145 times)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W

"Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children." Um, what?

Check this out, everyone. It's a provision nestled inside the Bailout Bill -  in the extenders that the Senate will add to the bill.  What the....

Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children. Current law imposes an excise tax of 39 cents, adjusted for inflation, on the first sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any shaft of a type used to produce certain types of arrows. This proposal would exempt from the excise tax any shaft consisting of all natural wood with no laminations or artificial means to enhance the spine of the shaft used in the manufacture of an arrow that measures 5/16 of an inch or less and is unsuited for use with a bow with a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The proposal is effective for shafts first sold after the date of enactment. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 million over ten years.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: "Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children."
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »

"Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children." Um, what?

Check this out, everyone. It's a provision nestled inside the Bailout Bill -  in the extenders that the Senate will add to the bill.  What the....

Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children. Current law imposes an excise tax of 39 cents, adjusted for inflation, on the first sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any shaft of a type used to produce certain types of arrows. This proposal would exempt from the excise tax any shaft consisting of all natural wood with no laminations or artificial means to enhance the spine of the shaft used in the manufacture of an arrow that measures 5/16 of an inch or less and is unsuited for use with a bow with a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The proposal is effective for shafts first sold after the date of enactment. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 million over ten years.

I can see the tee shirts now, " My government spent 700 billion dollars and all I got was this wooden arrow!".

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
Re: "Excise Tax Exemption for Wooden Practice Arrows Used by Children."
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:18 AM »

Trust me you got more than a wooden arrow , the burning question is how deep.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.