Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Mastertune for 2009  (Read 11108 times)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Mastertune for 2009
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »

TTS Mastertune for 2009 Big Twins are now on the TTS updater for everyone. The new release covers all 2009 Big Twin engines and adds more features to the product. This newest release allows for complete speedometer recalibration for those of you who have changes gears/pulleys and/or wheel and tire sizes.The Sportster and V-rod will be added next week.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
Re: Mastertune for 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

Has anyone tried MT on their 09 bikes as of yet?  How does it work?  How does it compare with the other tuners (SERT, Power Commander, etc)? 

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »

Has anyone tried MT on their 09 bikes as of yet?  How does it work?  How does it compare with the other tuners (SERT, Power Commander, etc)? 

I've reviewed the software but have not installed and burned into my ECM yet as i have a concern. Somewhere i heard if you marry the TTS to your ECM there is no going back to the SERT. If so, i dont think i want to take that plunge and therefore i wasted the $300 plus i paid for TTS. As far as the software and tuning progrmaing goes, it is identical to the SERT, I dont see any difference. It sounds like the upgrade which i have not downloaded yet adds more functionality. Of course you do get the auto tune function with TTS but it is limited to narrow band sensors. Im using the wide band and prefer to keep doing so. It would be nice if TTS talked to the wide band sensors. Maybe Steve will pick up on this provide us this function.

Until i find the rumor i heard im not going forward with the install. Perhaps Steve Cole can ping in and provide some insight on this questions. Steve, are you there? If we install the TTS are we stuck with TTS? Can we ever go back to the SERT if we choose to do so??

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:26:19 PM by sportygordy »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »

Hey Gordy

Can you elaborate on the use of the wide band sensors? Is there a way to make them work with the stock ECM for a wider range of auto tuning?

Thanks

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »

Hey Gordy

Can you elaborate on the use of the wide band sensors? Is there a way to make them work with the stock ECM for a wider range of auto tuning?

Thanks

SG

I don't know if the stock ECM can be taught, by means of software, to read and calibrate via wide band sensors. I'm currently using DTT Twin Scan to read and log data sent of my wide band sensors. Twin Scan comes with logging software that helps you read, analyze the data so you can make adjustments to your ECM via SERT or TTS. It works very well but there is a learning curve involved. It would be nice if DTT made an ignition that worked with the new throttle by wire, but they don't want to take the chance due to liability. I don't think Thundermax will either. If you want to use wide band sensors, remember you will no longer have the factory narrow band auto tune and you'll have to pay more attention to setting up your tuning maps. And if you don't have something like Twin Scan to read the data then the wide bands would be total useless.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:21:41 PM »

Somewhere i heard if you marry the TTS to your ECM there is no going back to the SERT. If so, i dont think i want to take that plunge and therefore i wasted the $300 plus i paid for TTS.

I saw a post form Steve somewhere on this site answering this question.  He said MT will marry the ECM, but it will not prevent a SERT from being married and applied to the same bike.  The issue is that only one or the other can push an update to the bike.  The configuration files are not portable or downloadable from one software to another.  You can copy/paste VE tables and other stuff, but the ranges in the cells are not an exact match. 

Steve also said the programs after being updated to the bike look the same to Harley.  They supposedly cannot tell if SERT or MT pushed the update to the ECM. 

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »

I don't know if the stock ECM can be taught, by means of software, to read and calibrate via wide band sensors. I'm currently using DTT Twin Scan to read and log data sent of my wide band sensors. Twin Scan comes with logging software that helps you read, analyze the data so you can make adjustments to your ECM via SERT or TTS. It works very well but there is a learning curve involved. It would be nice if DTT made an ignition that worked with the new throttle by wire, but they don't want to take the chance due to liability. I don't think Thundermax will either. If you want to use wide band sensors, remember you will no longer have the factory narrow band auto tune and you'll have to pay more attention to setting up your tuning maps. And if you don't have something like Twin Scan to read the data then the wide bands would be total useless.

I got it. I though you were using wide bands with your ECM.
Thanks

Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »

The TTS product in no way stops any other product from working. So if you want to program with the TTS product one day and then use the SERT another day it will be fine but you cannot use a TTS calibration with a SERT to program. Now you can use a SERT .MT6 file and it will work with TTS software. The .MT7 files for the TTS product contain more features than the .MT6 calibrations do and we feel are better base files than the old .MT6 files are. If you are trying to use the .mt6 files and see the extra features it's not going to work as the necessary information is not there, you must use a .MT7 calibration to use the new features.

Make sure and not confuse the SERT with the SESPT. While you can use the SESPT over the top of a SERT or TTS we cannot use those base files.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 10:17:52 PM »

Mr Cole
           Just curious, do you by any chance have a vested interest in Mastertune ?

B B

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:24 AM »

The TTS product in no way stops any other product from working. So if you want to program with the TTS product one day and then use the SERT another day it will be fine but you cannot use a TTS calibration with a SERT to program. Now you can use a SERT .MT6 file and it will work with TTS software. The .MT7 files for the TTS product contain more features than the .MT6 calibrations do and we feel are better base files than the old .MT6 files are. If you are trying to use the .mt6 files and see the extra features it's not going to work as the necessary information is not there, you must use a .MT7 calibration to use the new features.

Make sure and not confuse the SERT with the SESPT. While you can use the SESPT over the top of a SERT or TTS we cannot use those base files.

Steve,

Thanks for clearing this misconception up..Now I am more excited following through with the TTS install and play a bit with your product. Also, just for curiosity, do you know if the stock ECM allow wide band limits, and if so do you (would you) plan on a software version that would auto tune via wide band sensors? 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:21:43 AM by sportygordy »

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »

Mr Cole
           Just curious, do you by any chance have a vested interest in Mastertune ?

B B

I won't speak for Steve Cole, but my understanding is that he wrote the Mastertune program for TTS and he owns or is employed by TTS, who makes Mastertune. Further, his company provided the SERT for the MoCo until late last year. I bought the dual dongle Mastertune program, and have used it to tune my 09 cvo springer and my 08 cvo road king, both with custom exhaust and on the Road King, I put on the heavy breather, too. I am a happy customer. I have called and talked to Steve when I have had questions, and found him to be very generous with his time and he explains things in a way I can understand.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »

I won't speak for Steve Cole, but my understanding is that he wrote the Mastertune program for TTS and he owns or is employed by TTS, who makes Mastertune. Further, his company provided the SERT for the MoCo until late last year. I bought the dual dongle Mastertune program, and have used it to tune my 09 cvo springer and my 08 cvo road king, both with custom exhaust and on the Road King, I put on the heavy breather, too. I am a happy customer. I have called and talked to Steve when I have had questions, and found him to be very generous with his time and he explains things in a way I can understand.

No aspersions cast on Steve Cole, my point however is that as I understand site rule, his posts on this subject should be in the vendor section.

B B

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »

TTS Mastertune for 2009 Big Twins are now on the TTS updater for everyone. The new release covers all 2009 Big Twin engines and adds more features to the product. This newest release allows for complete speedometer recalibration for those of you who have changes gears/pulleys and/or wheel and tire sizes.The Sportster and V-rod will be added next week.

Steve,,

I finally got through the whole TTS manual yesterday. From what i am understanding, V-Tune will read wide band sensors and assist setting up the VE tables. Did i read and understand this correctly? Will V-Tune read data off Wide Band Sensors???  :nixweiss:

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

V-tune currently only works with the factory O2 sensors (switching sensors) on a factory O2 equipped HD.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

upgrade path? :soapbox:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.