Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Mastertune for 2009  (Read 11104 times)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Mastertune for 2009
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »

guess I do not understand the last post. Is there something your looking for that I've overlooked?
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »

upgrade path? :soapbox:

not exactly sure what you're saying here but..

the Mastertune software IS upgradeable via web updates..... Unlike the SERT..... ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:10:03 PM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »

V-tune currently only works with the factory O2 sensors (switching sensors) on a factory O2 equipped HD.

Your manual threw me off or it was a lot of wishful thinking on my part. You have a short paragraph titled 'Tunning with a Wide-Band 02 Sensors' with a short statement then you go directly to 'Tuning using V-Tune' without any reference to the O2 Sensors. The first thing that came to my mind was 'oh boy this will tune with the Wide-Band 02 Sensors.. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted  :confused5: :( :(

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »

not exactly sure what you're saying here but..

the Mastertune software IS upgradeable via web updates..... Unlike the SERT..... ;)

Upgrade from the current SERT to the new software...been asking since the summer and no answers yet.  Purportedly allows you to pull of your current map and save it in case things go - awry.

Sean

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

Upgrade from the current SERT to the new software...been asking since the summer and no answers yet.  Purportedly allows you to pull of your current map and save it in case things go - awry.

Sean

Steve Cole made a statement on one of these forums that we could install the TTS, use and alter current SERT maps, but you would have to do a cut and paste from the SERT maps into TTS or manually input. This is not a big deal, in fact i did one of my tuning files less then 5 mins. You can simply save your stock file to resort back to, and i think there is a function in TTS to allow you to go back to the stock baseline within the program. Either way, you can always go back to your stock (baseline) map. He also said we could resort back to the SERT after installing TTS if we wished. I'm currently updating one of my maps for a baseline for my Jim's 131 and plan on trying TTS out. So far it is identical to SERT so anyone comfortable with SERT will not have any problems switching to TTS. I'm hoping they take TTS a step beyond and I'm on my knees praying they adapt to allowing us to use Wide Band Sensors with Data Tune. If they did that, i think many more would jump to the TTS product.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:14:14 AM by sportygordy »

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

Steve Cole made a statement on one of these forums that we could install the TTS, use and alter current SERT maps, but you would have to do a cut and paste from the SERT maps into TTS or manually input. This is not a big deal, in fact i did one of my tuning files less then 5 mins. You can simply save your stock file to resort back to, and i think there is a function in TTS to allow you to go back to the stock baseline within the program. Either way, you can always go back to your stock (baseline) map. He also said we could resort back to the SERT after installing TTS if we wished. I'm currently updating one of my maps for a baseline for my Jim's 131 and plan on trying TTS out. So far it is identical to SERT so anyone comfortable with SERT will not have any problems switching to TTS. I'm hoping they take TTS a step beyond and I'm on my knees praying they adapt to allowing us to use Wide Band Sensors with Data Tune. If they did that, i think many more would jump to the TTS product.

The only thing to be careful here is the tables between MasterTune and SERT are not necessarily the exact same.  You need to be careful about what you copy/paste.  If it isn't apples to apples you could cause serious damage to your engine.  The ECM will do precisely what you tell it to do.  Even if what you are telling it to do is out in left field. 

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »

It appears that some are confused about my statements so I will try again

To use a SERT .MT6 file with the TTS you do nothing but load it into the Mastertune program. Once loaded it will work just like the SERT did. The only exception is the files that start with 200, they will not be able to be used. The reason for this is there were several bad 200 files that were found out in the field after HD released them. So by not allowing those to be used we stop the problem.

To convert a SERT .MT6 file to a Mastertune .MT7 file you need to open the .MT6 file in one window and in a second window open the .MT7 file that you picked to start with. Now carefully copy and paste the values of your .MT6 map into the same map in the .MT7. Save the modified calibration and you have converted the old to the new.

As has been stated be careful when you copy and paste as the ECM does what you tell it, right or wrong it doesn't care.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

The only thing to be careful here is the tables between MasterTune and SERT are not necessarily the exact same.  You need to be careful about what you copy/paste.  If it isn't apples to apples you could cause serious damage to your engine.  The ECM will do precisely what you tell it to do.  Even if what you are telling it to do is out in left field. 
Yes, good point,, make sure the tables are the same, as they always are not between different maps. That being said and as Steve pointed out in latter post, cutting and pasting is a painless effort.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »

TTS Mastertune for 2009 Big Twins are now on the TTS updater for everyone. The new release covers all 2009 Big Twin engines and adds more features to the product. This newest release allows for complete speedometer recalibration for those of you who have changes gears/pulleys and/or wheel and tire sizes.The Sportster and V-rod will be added next week.

Steve, - Just curious, are your servers connected to dial up?? I tried to download your new release, took about 20 mins just for the manuals. I gave up on the remaining upgrades. Can you send me a CD? Bye the the way, I'm on cable modem and tested at 6 megs when when i was trying to download.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »

Steve, - Just curious, are your servers connected to dial up?? I tried to download your new release, took about 20 mins just for the manuals. I gave up on the remaining upgrades. Can you send me a CD? Bye the the way, I'm on cable modem and tested at 6 megs when when i was trying to download.

I guess lack of reply answers my question. So were stuck with your dial up if we want to download your 30 + meg upgrade??  :nixweiss:

that sucks   >:(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:11:50 PM by sportygordy »

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

No, were not event close to a dial up. Its a T1 line just for the servers. If you have a download issue I can have them check the line but no one else has had an issue with speed.

Just had it checked and its running at 1391 kb/s, so its running fine.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:23:12 PM by Steve Cole »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 04:55:02 PM »

No, were not event close to a dial up. Its a T1 line just for the servers. If you have a download issue I can have them check the line but no one else has had an issue with speed.

Just had it checked and its running at 1391 kb/s, so its running fine.

Don't know what to tell ya Steve. My lowest ping test is 3,588.4 kbps. Perhaps your servers are very busy doing updates or you are on a busy fractional T-1. In any case, what are the chances of getting the update Via a CD sent to me via US Snail Mail, (US Post Office) ???

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »

We do not have the updates on a CD. It has not been setup that way. I would try to run the updater again, may it was just busy at your end or ours, but it checks out fine now. I talked with another customer today that I had run the updater and it took a total of 3 minutes to run the updates and installs.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

We do not have the updates on a CD. It has not been setup that way. I would try to run the updater again, may it was just busy at your end or ours, but it checks out fine now. I talked with another customer today that I had run the updater and it took a total of 3 minutes to run the updates and installs.

Thats too bad, i tried again last night and getting less then 52K, It would take hours and hours to download, and not to mention i need the program on two machines. I guess I am one of the lucky s that has as a slow server on your route. My ISP (im lucky i work at one) said they will trace route today, but don't know what good that will do. I have another question, If i bought your software today, what version would i get? - Thanks Steve

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Got the upgrade downloaded and installed. A bit slow but DONE  ;D... Anyway, wanted to say congrats to TTS for the additional funcitions and tuning calc tools with the new release.  Quite a bit added over the first version. And lots of functional maps for almost every build scenario, with good performance descriptions for each map (layed out and indexed extremely well). The maps themselves are a good value, you wont see these with the SERT program. The additional functions with the MT7 files are amazing and requires another learning curve, (at least for me). Great Job,,, I am impressed :2vrolijk_21:.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:12:04 PM by sportygordy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.