Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Mastertune for 2009  (Read 11106 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Mastertune for 2009
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

Steve Cole,

Can you tell us where you are with the release of the upgrade from an original SERT to the MasterTune?
I saw nothing on your site that would say you were ready yet or a price.

Also rumor had it you were looking into a setup that would allow people pre-06 to do Data Collection etc with Narrow bands is this a true or just a bad rumor?

Thanks,

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »

Steve Cole,

Can you tell us where you are with the release of the upgrade from an original SERT to the MasterTune?
I saw nothing on your site that would say you were ready yet or a price.

Also rumor had it you were looking into a setup that would allow people pre-06 to do Data Collection etc with Narrow bands is this a true or just a bad rumor?

Thanks,

I'd like to see capabilities for data collections with wide bands myself AND then it working with the V-Tune - That would be slick  :2vrolijk_21:

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 04:28:15 PM »

V-tune currently only works with the factory O2 sensors (switching sensors) on a factory O2 equipped HD.

Is there future plans to use wide band sensors????
I know that most of us would like wide band sensors and are looking for solutions to the OEM problem....

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »

For right now we are only working to complete the rest of the calibrations to be convertered to .MT7 format and the testing on the upgrade product for the SERT users. If all the testing goes well the upgrade part should be up and running in a few weeks. To see about the upgrade yoou will need to download the test program from  www.mastertune.net  and install on your PC. Connect the bike, interface and cables then run the test program. It will let you know if what you have can be upgraded. Then send the printout from the test software along with the interface to us for updating. What you will get back is a CD along with an upgraded interface to work with Mastertune programs. Believe it or not it takes awhile to get the software written and tested with all the different versions of Windows.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2008, 07:32:07 AM »

For right now we are only working to complete the rest of the calibrations to be convertered to .MT7 format and the testing on the upgrade product for the SERT users. If all the testing goes well the upgrade part should be up and running in a few weeks. To see about the upgrade yoou will need to download the test program from  www.mastertune.net  and install on your PC. Connect the bike, interface and cables then run the test program. It will let you know if what you have can be upgraded. Then send the printout from the test software along with the interface to us for updating. What you will get back is a CD along with an upgraded interface to work with Mastertune programs. Believe it or not it takes awhile to get the software written and tested with all the different versions of Windows.
I'm not finding the download link... Where is it on the page? 

I am very interested in the upgrade path.

Sean

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

you have to use the updater on the first install program.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »

Steve,

You need more alpha and beta testers :)  Glad you are testing yours before you put it out to the public, unlike Harley who puts products out in the market for us to test them for them and then denies there are issues.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »

Steve,

You need more alpha and beta testers :)  Glad you are testing yours before you put it out to the public, unlike Harley who puts products out in the market for us to test them for them and then denies there are issues.

I feel like a Beta right now. I worked on a MT7 TTS map for my Jim's 131 for about a week then uploaded to the ignitions last night. This is the first time i started this motor, and she perked right up. Even forgot to set the comp release. She was running pretty darn good, but experimintial me wanted to try another map, MT6 file i was working on . Right in the middle of the second upload my computer goes into blue screen of death. So far i haven't been able to revive the ignition via the tricks spelled out in the TTS Doc's.  What a pisser,, i didn't even get to ride it,, and it was purring sooooo gooood.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

you have to use the updater on the first install program.

ah...

Thanks

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2008, 09:58:01 PM »

Sporty

You have mail.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »

Sporty

You have mail.

When Harley hooks up their Digi Tech ,they can tell if you have a SERT, What does yours show??? Getting my Ultra tomorrow, would rather use your stuff but if I have a better shot at keeping peace with the warranty folks, I'll have to go SERT... Thanks Greg   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »

When Harley hooks up their Digi Tech ,they can tell if you have a SERT, What does yours show??? Getting my Ultra tomorrow, would rather use your stuff but if I have a better shot at keeping peace with the warranty folks, I'll have to go SERT... Thanks Greg   

Yes they can tell if you are using SERT by map loaded. The TTS Mastertune is the same product as SERT.  TTS created it for Harley up until Harley went with another system last year. The current Master Tune is upgraded with additional features that was not available with Harley's SERT and they continue to add features Harley would not allow. I am very happy with TTS product and since it is basically identical to SERT, with exception of upgrade features, i adapted to it very quickly, you will too. I'm not sure if Steve and Doc still honors the group buy cost, I think $380 you might check. I also like getting responses back from a live person's when i need help or have questions. TTS is real good at this, You wont get this service with Harley, unless you pull out a $100 bill.... Please check out TTS Web Site for more info. There is my 2 cents.. hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:04:18 AM by sportygordy »

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »

So what is the deal....
will SERT or TTS void the Warranty???

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »

So what is the deal....
will SERT or TTS void the Warranty???

Yes and No, depending on your dealer. Personally, i see and hear more warranty declines with the ignition upgrades outside of your dealership. In other words, if your away from your home dealer and you need warranty help -- Good Luck!!!

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »

Yes and No, depending on your dealer. Personally, i see and hear more warranty declines with the ignition upgrades outside of your dealership. In other words, if your away from your home dealer and you need warranty help -- Good Luck!!!
Well if I do anything at my local dealership... I didn't buy the bike from them and that pissed them off, but I will take to them of upgrades....
I imagine they will have to honor the warranty since they are altering the factory bike?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.