Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Don't buy a yellow SE Fat Bob, It will get you killed  (Read 11708 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Don't buy a yellow SE Fat Bob, It will get you killed
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »

The black one is safe as is the gray/blue, but the yellow is dangerous. Since buying mine I find that I am constantly looking down at the tank. Where the black quartz intersects the chrome fuel and fill caps, where the red stripe separates that black and the yellow tank and where the the chrome console is dazzlingly in the middle of it all.......Well it's just not possible to keep from looking at it. It gets worse to. When the sun comes out the color show really starts. The yellow now becomes a prism of colors, mainly tangerine pearl and lime green pearl. When that happens my glances are changed to stares. Sometimes long stares. I figure it's just a matter of time before I run off the road.
When I first saw the SEFB in yellow I knew that was what I had been looking for. A totally unique bike in any color, the SEFB in yellow is uniquely unique. I've had so many compliments on the bike although not a color loved by all as witnessed by two of my friends who said' I'll get used to it". But they're are in a huge minority. When I pay $25,000 dollars for anything particularly a motorcycle, I want it to grab attention. For good or bad I want people to go WOW! I want something that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. BTW, it performs pretty well also. Yellow Screaming Eagle Fat Bob, buy the black or the blue but for gods sake don't buy the yellow one, it's DANGEROUS!
  Gary

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Don't buy a yellow SE Fat Bob, It will get you killed
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:59:28 PM »

I've got a pair of three dimensional glasses.. will that help??

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »

The black one is safe as is the gray/blue, but the yellow is dangerous. Since buying mine I find that I am constantly looking down at the tank. Where the black quartz intersects the chrome fuel and fill caps, where the red stripe separates that black and the yellow tank and where the the chrome console is dazzlingly in the middle of it all.......Well it's just not possible to keep from looking at it. It gets worse to. When the sun comes out the color show really starts. The yellow now becomes a prism of colors, mainly tangerine pearl and lime green pearl. When that happens my glances are changed to stares. Sometimes long stares. I figure it's just a matter of time before I run off the road.
When I first saw the SEFB in yellow I knew that was what I had been looking for. A totally unique bike in any color, the SEFB in yellow is uniquely unique. I've had so many compliments on the bike although not a color loved by all as witnessed by two of my friends who said' I'll get used to it". But they're are in a huge minority. When I pay $25,000 dollars for anything particularly a motorcycle, I want it to grab attention. For good or bad I want people to go WOW! I want something that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. BTW, it performs pretty well also. Yellow Screaming Eagle Fat Bob, buy the black or the blue but for gods sake don't buy the yellow one, it's DANGEROUS!
  Gary

Gary
            You write well. The above post is excellent. The site can always use a good writer. Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride

B B

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:42:05 AM »

i have a similar problem with my fxstsse07, the problem being the chrome trim rings around the speedo and the tacho, when riding through a tunnel they both show off a very spectacular strobe light show reflecting from the overhead tunnel lighting, the first tunnel i rode through i thought WTF this is dangerous its like being hypnotised by the snake in jungle book. The reason this problem is more pronounced on these bikes is because of the lower seating position bringing the tank closer into the riders field of vision.
I am sorry to hear that u experience a similar problem with ur Fat Bob, however if my experience helps after riding the bike for 2years now i have managed to mostly ignore the lighting effects. But i can sure sympathise with ur post.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 05:35:37 AM »

Love the yellow too.  Congratulations, and try and keep it safe.  :bananarock:

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:52:29 AM »

congrats and enjoy      :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »

When I pay $25,000 dollars for anything particularly a motorcycle, I want it to grab attention. For good or bad I want people to go WOW! I want something that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. BTW, it performs pretty well also.

Now that makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like you found your perfect bike!

MikeD

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »

My new name for the yellow SE Fat Bob, Peanut M&M's.  The only thing that needs is some M&M race decals!!!  Not knocking it, just saying!

BUNKERBEER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2009 Rocker 103 stage 4
    • CVO3: 2008 Street Bob
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 04:54:46 PM »

Same problem here partner...
2009 CVO Road Glide
2009 Rocker 103 stage 4
2008 Street Bob

MikeD

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 08:39:21 PM »

Same problem here partner...

There is always a surprise with CVO paint when you take them outside in the sun or out at night.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »

Gary

Yeah! and your not even counting the accidents that are caused by others that are caught up in 'stares'  :huepfenjump3:.  Saw the same color in person this weekend.  Awesome paint.  It's the same with the Black/Fire the colors change as does the texture depending on the light.

dirtyoldman

• 0 to 100 in WTF?!?!
  • Junior CVO Member
  • ain't retired,,, I'm at RECESS!!

• CVO1: 09 CVO FATBOB
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »

exactly the reason I bought my red/black Bob instead of the green springer. If I'd have bought the springer,, I'd just park it and stare,, and stare,,,  Doubt I'll ever get over dreading that inevitable first scratch / dent.

HD's paint shop really does some magic with these things
'til that time, Ustes, 'til that time,,,

Tom of VA

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »

I suppose you could try texting while you ride to distract you from looking at the bike  :D

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 01:29:10 AM »

Why didn't I think of that?
 Gary

YellowJacketRider

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »

Yes I know what you mean, every since I got my new YellowJacket CVO FatBob ... I almost get hit or run over by everyone trying to look at this incredible bike.  The FatBob in this incredible color really is the "Best of the Best"!!!  :D

Gary

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »

Tell me about it!  These yellow bikes are dangerous(ly awesome!). 

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »

You guys are Killing me! I miss my Yellow bikes! Face :nixweiss:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

kcluke40

• 2009 CVO Fat Bob FXDFSE
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »

Nice bike! Where did you purchase your shield and tool bag? (model numbers for each if available please). Stay safe!

Kevin

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 05:25:02 PM »

I'm late but I agree. This is what I bought last year in 2010 and got a good deal since it had been sitting there for a while. I call mine Yellow Jacket also, to cool to see another calling it the same thing. It is a real eye catcher. My wife has a 09 Deluxe custom painted in pink/purple flames and everybody walks over to her bike and goes on about it. They never saw my white and gray 09 Road King chromed out to the max.  Ain't true no more with the yellow bike. :apple:
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.