Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '09 SERG Muffler / Exhaust Upgrade '09 SERG FLTRSE3  (Read 2660 times)

hogpilot

• CVO1: '09 SERG Electric Orange
    • CVO2: '02 FLHTCUI
    • CVO3: '06 FXSTB
'09 SERG Muffler / Exhaust Upgrade '09 SERG FLTRSE3
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »

Has anyone replaced their '09 SERG exhaust?  For now I'm keeping the stock headers and catalist.  Would like info, photos, sound clips.  I'm having trouble deciding.  Want to keep the current look / size if possible.  Had Rineharts on my Ultra and that's as loud as I want to go, but don't like that they are only 3 1/2 inch diameter, compared to current 4".  I've already got the new Race Tuner and ready to schedule the Dyno.  I was sold on the Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, one V&H rep told me they would fit.  Decided to call again, luckily I got someone who said they had tried them on this bike and they will not fit.  Thanks.  Sam :confused5:

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: '09 SERG Muffler / Exhaust Upgrade '09 SERG FLTRSE3
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »

You might try removing the baffles in your stock mufflers and installing a set of baffles from Fullsac.  This has been discussed recently on this site along with pictures and instructions on removing the stock baffles.

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 03:37:43 AM »

I've got a set of Cobra 4" Billet tip slip ons coming today. I'll post an update/clip when I am done.

Brad

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »

See my posts/results onthe following thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27645.45

Brad

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »

There are several here on the site that installed the Monsters on their bikes check out some of the photos they are really sharp looking

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:18:33 AM »

If you like the OEM look you can use Fullsac baffles.  You basically remove the OEM baffle that is inside of your pipe and install the Fullsac's.  I've done this on mine and have been very happy with the results.  It's got the Harley rumble, but is not so loud that I can't hear the radio. 

Here's a link to the how-to document on installing them.  Very easy project that most people can do:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28086.0

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »

If you like the OEM look you can use Fullsac baffles.  You basically remove the OEM baffle that is inside of your pipe and install the Fullsac's.  I've done this on mine and have been very happy with the results.  It's got the Harley rumble, but is not so loud that I can't hear the radio. 

Here's a link to the how-to document on installing them.  Very easy project that most people can do:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28086.0

I used a Dremel with the Carbide bit and it cuts very well. be careful and go SLOW. If I had it to do over again.....I would have ordered a   carbide burr used in head porting because it has a nice long shank, much easier to get around in a tight space.I poked a little hole right thru the bottom of one muff because I got in a hurry, no biggy, can't see it. Use plenty of light and be patient. > After mine was cut I turned the muff upside down and popped it on the floor this broke it  loose. Greg 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.