Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 15935 times)

Michael Benis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2005, 07:17:04 PM »

First post here and.....

Wow! I'm kicking myself for not finding out about this 10 days ago!

Twolanerider, you deserve a medal for making it all happen.

How about a bit more feedback fomr som of you guys. I've got a 2002 Road King with 440 12" shocks and get a damn irrating weave when cranked over at 80+, especially on les than super-smooth roads. If this RideStr8 thing really gets rid of it all I'd be very tempted to shell out usual price plus the outrageous shipping costs t the UK.

Cheers

Mike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2005, 08:11:42 PM »

Mike, it's worth a shot to call Ride-Str8 and see if he'll still honor the price.  Even though it is considerably past the deadline requring him to do so I got an email from one of our members just over a week ago saying that he'd just bought one and that the manufacturer honored the price.

Michael Benis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2005, 06:05:26 PM »

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Any feedback regarding dewobbled bikes?

Cheers

Mike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2005, 07:48:21 PM »

Mike there were at least a couple of posts from guys talking about a perceived improvemnt that was noticable right off the bat.  I also got a couple of PMs from others who said the same thing privately.  

No one has cited any kind of a detriment from the work.  I've pushed my bike pretty hard and over some pretty rough surfaces since the installation on it.  Nothing negative there either.  So at worst our experience is benign and at best is's a significant improvement.  That ain't bad.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2005, 11:44:22 PM »

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Any feedback regarding dewobbled bikes?

Cheers

Mike

My thought are there is a slight improvement in high speed corners. The bike feels more stable but will still get e bit of weave. going straight I still get the wobble at about 115.

jachin72

« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2005, 02:13:12 AM »

Mike,
I've put 700 miles on my bike with the Ridestr8.  I had a wobble at 105mph before and now don't.  Actually got it up to 110mph, no wobble.  Cornering is much more stable now too.  I'm happy I spent the money on it. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Steve

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2005, 02:52:02 AM »

Mike,
I've put 700 miles on my bike with the Ridestr8.  I had a wobble at 105mph before and now don't.  Actually got it up to 110mph, no wobble.  Cornering is much more stable now too.  I'm happy I spent the money on it. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Steve

That's great to read Steve.  Just saw your PM too.  My red bike was pretty stable to begin with so I was never expecting a great lot of noticable change.  But I think I've gained a little of what you're describing too.   After having the opportunity to put a few miles on it now I don't think it's all wishing thinking.  It feels a bit more stable too.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, All You High Speed Junkies!
 Just got back from MB.  I must report a new experience.  My "Led Sled" went into a violent speed wobble at 105 MPH. [smiley=angel.gif]  I had plenty of road, and I decided to ride it out in different body positions to determine if and when it would cease to do this.  BTW, I do not recommend this practice for the inexpereinced, or faint at heart, or, to anyone, for that matter! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  Much to my amazement, I came to realize in my normal riding position, which is with both hands on the handle bars, my left foot on the left Crash Bar foot peg, and my right foot on the right floorboard, the wobble was no more. [smiley=stunned.gif]  I know I had to be running in excess of 130 MPH, [smiley=yes.gif] several times after that, and it never did it again.  Go figger! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »

So something about the draft coming up your left pant leg means there's......

ah, never mind

Actually Hub, good to hear you discovered something that important about the bike's behavior.  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »

Just got back from MB.  I must report a new experience.  My "Led Sled" went into a violent speed wobble at 105 MPH. [smiley=angel.gif]  . . .

Hub, did you have the wobble prior to installing your Progressive 440s?  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:57 PM »

Hey Hub.......that's some good info.  I'm  figuring from your experience that it IS the wind on the batwing fairing causing the wobble as much as anything else and you disrupted the air-flow by throwing a leg up on the crashbar peg enough to stabilize forks.  Hey,  It's a theory.  And until someone comes up with a better one with empirical evidence, I'm sticking with it.  Glad I like that riding position too, now that I know it's a life saver!  Har!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2005, 10:41:44 AM »

Hub, did you have the wobble prior to installing your Progressive 440s?  

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 103tHunDer,
 Prior to the 440's, it was more frequent.  I really like the 440's, now that I have them properly adjusted.  I like 'em with the low-slung look!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2005, 10:45:14 AM »

Hey Hub.......that's some good info.  I'm  figuring from your experience that it IS the wind on the batwing fairing causing the wobble as much as anything else and you disrupted the air-flow by throwing a leg up on the crashbar peg enough to stabilize forks.  Hey,  It's a theory.  And until someone comes up with a better one with empirical evidence, I'm sticking with it.  Glad I like that riding position too, now that I know it's a life saver!  Har!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
 Great Minds think alike! [smiley=scholar.gif] [smiley=yes.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2005, 01:05:56 AM »

Just got back from MB.  I must report a new experience.  My "Led Sled" went into a violent speed wobble at 105 MPH. [smiley=angel.gif]  I had plenty of road, and I decided to ride it out in different body positions to determine if and when it would cease to do this.  BTW, I do not recommend this practice for the inexpereinced, or faint at heart, or, to anyone, for that matter! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  Much to my amazement, I came to realize in my normal riding position, which is with both hands on the handle bars, my left foot on the left Crash Bar foot peg, and my right foot on the right floorboard, the wobble was no more. [smiley=stunned.gif]  I know I had to be running in excess of 130 MPH, [smiley=yes.gif] several times after that, and it never did it again.  Go figger! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Later--HUBBARD      

When I had my Honda ST1300, at 130 mph I had an experience with wheel wobble. This bike had an electric windshield. As soon as I tilted the windshield down and tucked in behind it, I became more aerodynamic and the wobble disappeared. So wind is a hugh factor. Secondly running tire pressures at 42 psi v/s 38 stopped a lot of wobble at speeds up to 140mph. But this is way too fast for me on my SE2. I'd go back to the ST1300 if I wanted to cruise at those speeds. Hub, you're a brave man doing that on a Harley.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 01:07:09 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2005, 03:20:21 PM »

When I had my Honda ST1300, at 130 mph I had an experience with wheel wobble. This bike had an electric windshield. As soon as I tilted the windshield down and tucked in behind it, I became more aerodynamic and the wobble disappeared. So wind is a hugh factor. Secondly running tire pressures at 42 psi v/s 38 stopped a lot of wobble at speeds up to 140mph. But this is way too fast for me on my SE2. I'd go back to the ST1300 if I wanted to cruise at those speeds. Hub, you're a brave man doing that on a Harley.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BadAss2,
 Brave isn't the word I was thinking of, but I do appreciate that regonition.  At the time, I was more on the lines of research and development, at any cost!  Just can't seem to find that moderation mode when it comes to hearing that "Big Motor" bellar! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 21 queries.