Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 15939 times)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 02:09:22 PM »

Wow! [smiley=shocked2.gif]
You can't look away for a minute around here. I know we will go for at least one.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] But I have a question for ya'll. I've ridden plenty hard and don't know what you're talking about, is this wobble thing a problem coming or are some of us free?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »

Mr. We.........if you haven't experienced it yet, then keep your scooter the way it is and don't worry 'bout it.  No one knows for sure what causes it definitively and it won't help to go chasing windmills...........ride hard, but safe.   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »

I found some photos on the Ride-Str8 website comparing between the True-Track and Ride-Str8: Click Here and then click on the button across the top that says "The Difference."  I am in no way affiliated with the Ride-Str8 folks, but it seems like the better of the two solutions to me, though admittedly a bit pricey.  If anyone else is more interested in the Ride-Str8, let me know and I'll contact them about a group buy.

By the way, the photos on the website are as installed on a 2004 SEEG.  I think it is mw8385's, a member here.

As far as needing to chrome the floorbord bracket, you'd be replacing a black powdercoated peice with another black powdercoated piece, so I don't see the need to send anything out for plating. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 02:21:58 PM by 103tHunDer »

syclone

• Full CVO Member
  • IF YA CANT AFFORD TO BREAK IT-- DONT RIDE IT
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 03:18:29 PM »

When I started this thread, I did'nt realize the subject had been breached before here.
I just felt obligated to pass on the infomation that we should consider the need for a third anchor point as I feel we are possibly set apart from the "normal" baggger rider if there is such a thing. I'm just gald as hell that lots of our members are seriouly considering the purchase of one of the two available products.  I Know I ride with a greater piece of mind just knowing it's there...my wife and daughter cant believe I bought something that doesnt make more horsepower.....and the bike does handle better.  Those of you that go with a purchase have got to report back to the forum on any improvements in handling you feel.   way to go guys!
Just my opinon......I could be wrong

'05 SEEG  114"  all bore motor

04 night train 95" 10.5:1 KBs,ported and decked heads, tw55g cams,rollers,3.37,44cv
01 Dyna,95" ported SE heads,wood t

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 03:50:30 PM »

Mr. We.........if you haven't experienced it yet, then keep your scooter the way it is and don't worry 'bout it.  No one knows for sure what causes it definitively and it won't help to go chasing windmills...........ride hard, but safe.   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder

Mr We I'm generally a big fan of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" school of systems repair.  This is one part I'm willing to diverge on just a bit.  Adding it won't hurt anything.  Won't even really change much.  But over time the swing arm bushings and a few other things will wear some.  So even it's not got a wiggle yet it's likely to some time down the road (unless you just don't ride much or never ride hard).  The stiffener (as I understand it's function) will help put off some of that wear and will help lessen it's impact as it happens.  At least that's what I've convinced myself of to finally break down and buy one.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2005, 03:58:51 PM »

As far as needing to chrome the floorbord bracket, you'd be replacing a black powdercoated peice with another black powdercoated piece, so I don't see the need to send anything out for plating. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

That's interesting Brian.  When I spoke with them on the phone I asked specifically which bracket their advertising was speaking to.  The guy on the phone said "the bracket that holds up the peg."  

"You mean the footboard," asked Don.

"Yeah," said the guy.

I then asked if they had chromed versions of their modified bracket for those of us with chromed peg or board mounting hardware already in place.  The guys said "no, those parts will have to be chromed."  

So.....  the company rep was just winging it and didn't understand what was being asked of him or something else is amiss.

Like you my preference of the two devices woudl be the Ride-Str8.  Looks to be a slightly more mature and well engineered piece.  I just don't see enough difference in them to justify an extra hundred bucks.  Basically I'm not sure the differences between them don't end up being a difference without a significant distinction.

Tell you what though.  If everyone else is ambivalent as I am between the choices of the two and just want "something" (without being overly concerned over which something it is) once we get a tally of numbers here I'll gladly contact both companies.  Will let them know their bidding against each other for a group buy.  Then post the prices they offer and we can decide from there.  Perhaps the Ride-Str8 people will come down enough to be more competively priced against the other product.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2005, 04:01:51 PM »

When I started this thread, I did'nt realize the subject had been breached before here.
I just felt obligated to pass on the infomation that we should consider the need for a third anchor point as I feel we are possibly set apart from the "normal" baggger rider if there is such a thing. I'm just gald as hell that lots of our members are seriouly considering the purchase of one of the two available products.  I Know I ride with a greater piece of mind just knowing it's there...my wife and daughter cant believe I bought something that doesnt make more horsepower.....and the bike does handle better.  Those of you that go with a purchase have got to report back to the forum on any improvements in handling you feel.   way to go guys!

Hey Clone, in a big way it's all of us that owe you a thanks just for getting everyone's mind on the topic again.  Sometimes a little shove is all it takes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »

Ok, so far the riders to have commited to an interest are:

Twolane
Mr. WeCvo
Dude
Pappy2

As written previously, when this gets up above a half dozen I'll contact the company.  Actually as it stands now I'll be contacting both companies.  Will then post back with confirmed prices from each and we can decide with whose to proceed.  I'll update the list of names in this post as confirmations come in so everyone interested can know how the count is coming.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 05:13:41 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2005, 04:10:01 PM »

I have "committed" interest in the Ride-Str8, but haven't responded to the poll since it is specific to the True-Track.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 04:10:34 PM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2005, 04:16:21 PM »

I have "committed" interest in the Ride-Str8, but haven't responded to the poll since it is specific to the True-Track.

Not a problem Brian.  Liking one better than the other isn't a big deal.  I doubt there will be enough participation to form up two "groups" of a size big enough to warrant much of a discount though.  That's why I was now thinking we'd approach each company and actually have an option to consider.  

Like you, I'd actually prefer the Ride Str8.  But, as a wise man explained it me, it's less parts for more money.  And while the number of parts actually isn't a consideration (as long as both do the job adequately) the more money is a consideration (again, as long as both do the job adequately).

Basically I'd find it tough to justify a hundred bucks difference between the two.  A sawbuck or two; well that I'd probably do.  So we'll get numbers both ways for comparison and see how things fall in place.  If the group is large enough and guys will be ordering individually it might be that both prices get honored.  Worth considering anyhow.  But first we need to get an idea on numbers to broach with each company.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 04:18:50 PM by twolanerider »

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2005, 04:39:06 PM »

Add me to the list of committed interest.  I thought answering the poll did that sorry? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2005, 05:12:27 PM »

Add me to the list of committed interest.  I thought answering the poll did that sorry? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]JP

It's a bit confusing I realize.  Sorry about that Pappy.  I was just using the poll as something to gauge initial interest.  But wanted folks to supply a name for a final confirmation of interest so we'd know we had a firmer number in hand to wave under the nose of the manufacturer.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2005, 06:31:49 PM »

I will probably buy some 440's some day but I figure a little rougher ride isn't going to kill me like a high speed wobble.

I bought the True Trak! Have been above 130 mph 6 or 7 times since.
What is the price worth for piece of mind when your running that fast?
For that value it's a bargan!

Hmmm!! Now that is very good selling point.... "I will probably buy some 440's some day but I figure a little rougher ride isn't going to kill me like a high speed wobble." The other days as I was entering interstate at a moderate speed I experienced what one may consider a little wobble out of the rear end. I thought it was because of stock air shocks in rear, and checked when I got home to see if any of the air had leaked out. Air pressure was the same as last time I checked it, so I then just thought it was because of shocks period, and thought it was getting closer to time to order Progressive's. But after reading this thread I'm thinking maybe I should lower the priority on Progressives, and invest in stabilizer first.

Coming from a softail (Fatboy w/stock solid wheels) with rigid mount, to a touring bike I hadn't experienced this type of activity before. I had expected some weird activity in front with fork mounted fairing. So I wasn't surprised when I felt a little shake in front when I got past triple digits, or when tractor-trailers passed me. You get used to those crosswinds when you have a Fatboy with solid wheels.

From what I've read in this thread is it correct that the wobble in rear, and some of the instability that you get at high speeds from front fairing will be reduced with this device?

I'm going to stay tuned to see what develops with discount. At this time I can't commit to anything within next 30 days, as I just got back from vacation in Las Vegas. I took my H-D funds to slot machine to try my luck..... slot machines won  [smiley=furious2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
[smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2005, 08:17:19 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Hmmmm, you got a twin brother named FLH or you just changing user names to confuse us simple folks?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2005, 10:18:26 PM »

Hmmmm, you got a twin brother named FLH or you just changing user names to confuse us simple folks?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Hehehe!!! Nope, just realized that my username and "name" could be different. Wanted something that was a little more personal. This nick I've used before in other places and it fits my career. I guess I'm feeling at home here and want to be known by a name/nick vs. a model of motorcycle.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

While we are on the subject of confusion maybe you can answer this question for me. If by chance anybody had added me to their "buddy" list, when I changed my name does it automatically change it in their buddy list, or will they have to add me again with new name?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
[smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.