Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 15993 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2005, 10:34:45 PM »

That's interesting Brian.  When I spoke with them on the phone I asked specifically which bracket their advertising was speaking to.  The guy on the phone said "the bracket that holds up the peg."  

"You mean the footboard," asked Don.

"Yeah," said the guy.

I then asked if they had chromed versions of their modified bracket for those of us with chromed peg or board mounting hardware already in place.  The guys said "no, those parts will have to be chromed."  

So.....  the company rep was just winging it and didn't understand what was being asked of him or something else is amiss.

Don, maybe the following photos will help.  The part that is modified is the piece that is bolted to the frame to accept the floorboard bracket.  I think it's a more integrated and OEM-looking piece than the True-Track.  As has already been said, they both perform the same function and, I am sure, do it equally well.  I just prefer the aesthetics of the Ride-Str8.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2005, 10:35:29 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »

While we are on the subject of confusion maybe you can answer this question for me. If by chance anybody had added me to their "buddy" list, when I changed my name does it automatically change it in their buddy list, or will they have to add me again with new name?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Well Fire, the best answer I've got to your question is that I don't have a frigging clue  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .  However, it won't hurt anything to have done so.  So just keep an eye when your buddy is online.  Then you'll know if the name needs to be added on the buddy's buddy list.  We can experiment with your and mine sometime if a little testing is in order.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2005, 10:50:19 PM »

Like you, I'd actually prefer the Ride Str8.  But, as a wise man explained it me, it's less parts for more money.  And while the number of parts actually isn't a consideration (as long as both do the job adequately) the more money is a consideration (again, as long as both do the job adequately).

[bgcolor=Yellow]Basically I'd find it tough to justify a hundred bucks difference between the two.[/bgcolor]  A sawbuck or two; well that I'd probably do.  So we'll get numbers both ways for comparison and see how things fall in place.  If the group is large enough and guys will be ordering individually it might be that both prices get honored.  Worth considering anyhow.  But first we need to get an idea on numbers to broach with each company.

I've been looking through the Ride-Str8 site trying to determine if shipping and handling are included in their price, and haven't been able to find any indication one way or the other.  I just sent them an e-mail asking for clarification on that.

If the published price includes S&H, then the difference between the two options is not as much as first thought.  Per syclone, the True-Track with S&H is $395, and the published price for the Ride-Str8 is $430 after the refund of the $50 core charge for the passenger floorboard bracket.  I'll let you know what they say on the S&H charges.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2005, 10:54:35 PM »

I'd asked them that as well.  Was told the Ride-Str8 price did not include S&H.  Was also told S&H would be $22.00 .  Of course this was the same wanker who told me the bracket they were talking about was the bracket to the footboard itself  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2005, 11:02:07 PM »

Of course this was the same wanker who told me the bracket they were talking about was the bracket to the footboard itself  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Wanker is right.  NO, fracking wanker!

This is the contact information from the original group buy:
Dan Semmere
dansemmere@earthlink.net
Phone: (949) 306-4616

My understanding is this is the owner of the business and the product's designer.  Perhaps it would be better to deal directly with him and avoid the middle-men/women. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2005, 01:02:30 AM »

Wanker is right.  NO, fracking wanker!

This is the contact information from the original group buy:
Dan Semmere
dansemmere@earthlink.net
Phone: (949) 306-4616

My understanding is this is the owner of the business and the product's designer.  Perhaps it would be better to deal directly with him and avoid the middle-men/women. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Middle wanker ?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2005, 01:09:25 AM »

Thanks 103 for the clarification on the bracket. I'll switch my vote to a ride str8! I liked it better from the beginning [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

You're welcome, Dude.  Just want folks to go into this thing eyes wide open. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2005, 01:57:04 AM »

Thanks 103 for the clarification on the bracket. I'll switch my vote to a ride str8! I liked it better from the beginning [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2005, 03:23:33 AM »

If the prices are close I'm all for the Ride Str8 as well.   But the price difference might be telling.  Will try to get numbers from both sides for comparison on Monday or Tuesday.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2005, 05:15:01 PM »

E-mail response from Ride-Str8:

Dear Jerry,
Yes,  shipping is free within the continental USA (Ground only)

For oversees shipping, depending on destination the cost is approximately $40.00 USD, the exact price will be quoted when order is placed.

The SBK2002ON-A kit fits all FLH touring bikes from 2002 to 2005. There for
it will bolt right on you’re bike.

This kit is strategically located to maximize the movement restriction in
the horizontal plane, yet allowing the engine and transmission assembly to
move in the vertical plane as intended by the manufacture.

The location of the kit does not affect the ground clearance of the bike
allowing you to lift your bike with any center stand brand suitable for your
motorcycle weight.

One very important difference is that the Ride-Str8 device does not cover your transmission & oil pan, thus not affecting the Engine/Transmission’s ability to dissipate heat.

My business model is based on 100% customer satisfaction. So if my product does not improve you're bike ride performance, I will send your money back Warranted.

You can send a personal check payable to Daniel Semmere at the address shown in my web site and, I will send your SBK2002ON-A kit the next day, free shipping (Ground only)

THANKS for your interest; I am confident that you will be impressed with the quality and the ride performance improvement of my product.

For more information you can contact me at (949) 306-4616

Sincerely,

Dan Semmere.

Ride Safe, Ride Str8.........

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2005, 05:43:31 PM »

The poll up at the top expressing interest has now risen to 14.  Not nearly that many have contacted me confirming that interest so some are no doubt just looky-loos.  But it's still a good number.  

When I speak with each outfit on Monday or Tuesday I'll tell each of them that we have "ten or twelve " interested buyers for a group purchase.  If they're normal business people they'll count themselves quite satisfied if they get six when someone has told them ten possible individual purchases.

If our poll number is then ANYTHING close to legitimate we might very well have enough swinging either way that the group purchase price would work for either company without the numbers being so small that they'd then think twice about doing it again at some future time.  Will advise in a day or two with full info provided by each company.

Keep in mind one other thing boys and girls.  Conversation in this thread has also touched recently on each company's freight costs.  Just because they offer free freight at their full price does not mean we will necessarily get free freight if the hardware is at some significantly discounted price.  We might, but we might not.  Would simply be part of the discussion and part of the comparison between the two.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 05:46:07 PM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2005, 07:20:27 PM »

[bgcolor=Yellow][size=8]Group Purchase Info / Purchase Costs [/size][/bgcolor]

This is for touring bikes 02 and newer.  Will post this both here and in "Group Purchase" thread.  Had a little time to kill this afternoon between chores and tried giving each guy a call.  Got hold of principals at each so was able to get info.  For those who were leaning toward the True Track over the Ride Str8 simply for reasons of price, but otherwise liked the Ride-Str8 better I think you're going to be happy campers.  Here's what I found out:

True Track base price $396.00
Group discount $25.00
Price includes free shipping and the assumed group size for the discussion was "ten or so."  
Final price for the True Track $371.00.

Ride Str8 base price $480.00
Group discount price $375.00.  

This price includes free shipping but not free individual shipping.  The price is good for an order of at least six units.  He'll ship them en masse to one recipient who will then be responsible for reshipping to individuals.  He'll have them boxed individually within the larger box to make this easy to do.  So we're probably adding on $10.00 or so for freight.  

The discount, however, does not yet figure in the return of the core charge.  So when your bracket is returned to him he sends you a check for another $50.00.  This makes the total unit cost $325.00 plus the small shipping cost to get it from me to you.

Let me know.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 10:10:59 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »

This is great, great news!  YOU DA MAN, DON! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2005, 11:37:02 PM »

[bgcolor=Yellow][size=8]Group Purchase Info / Purchase Costs [/size][/bgcolor]

This is for touring bikes 02 and newer.  Will post this both here and in "Group Purchase" thread.  Had a little time to kill this afternoon between chores and tried giving each guy a call.  Got hold of principals at each so was able to get info.  For those who were leaning toward the True Track over the Ride Str8 simply for reasons of price, but otherwise liked the Ride-Str8 better I think you're going to be happy campers.  Here's what I found out:

True Track base price $396.00
Group discount $25.00
Price includes free shipping and the assumed group size for the discussion was "ten or so."  
Final price for the True Track $371.00.

Ride Str8 base price $480.00
Group discount 30% or $144.00
This makes the group price $336.00.  

This price includes free shipping but not free individual shipping.  The price is good for an order of at least six units.  He'll ship them en masse to one recipient who will then be responsible for reshipping to individuals.  He'll have them boxed individually within the larger box to make this easy to do.  So we're probably adding on $10.00 or so for freight.  

The discount, however, does not yet figure in the return of the core charge.  So when your bracket is returned to him he sends you a check for another $50.00.  This makes the total unit cost $286.00 plus the small shipping cost to get it from me to you.

True Track $371.00
Ride Str8 $286.00 (plus final freight)

That seems like a no brainer.

Couple of other considerations.  Dan at Ride Str8 apparently isn't set up for credit cards.  Money orders or personal checks are fine.  And he doesn't hold the order for a personal check to clear.  

You won't be able to put it on a credit card though.  

Since he'll be shipping all at once he'd also prefer to receive payments all at once also.  So you'd make your check or money order out to him, mail it to me, I'd bundle all the payments and other order info together and send it on to him.

Granted, all this is a bit more of a hassle for everyone (me included).  And it will require everyone to trust me to forward your check and to send you the parts.  He said he'd be able to ship our quantity the same day or the next day after he received the orders.  So at least it won't be a long delay.

I personally was originally intent on buying the True Track even though the Ride Str8 seemed a marginally better hardware option.  Just not a hundred bucks better.  I was buying on price.  But the seemingly better hardware for now almost a hundred bucks cheaper?  That seems worth doing without giving it a second thought.

Everyone that wants to do this needs to let me know.  I told Dan at Ride Str8 I'd be back in touch with order quantities "within a couple weeks.'  So there are a few days to make up minds, but not forever.  For the new Ultra owners catching this late the parts in question are the same for 04 and 05 SEEGs and your 06 Ultras.  The same kit will catch all the touring models 02 and newer.  So if you're interested here throw in any questions you've got and then be prepared to decide if you're participating or not.

Let me know.

Great job Don!, Ride St8 for me it is! Send me a PM with your address aned i'll get a check out right away. Or if its OK how about a paypal paymet like the biz cards?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.