Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Tank Fitting Cover Help!!  (Read 1515 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Fuel Tank Fitting Cover Help!!
« on: August 03, 2005, 07:14:16 PM »

I need some help!!  I recall somebody posting something about Fuel Tank Fitting Cover and having several pictures.
What I remember they had a Fuel Tank Fitting Cover with what I believed to be HD part number 62800-03 along with a Braided Stainless Steel Fuel Crossover line HD part number 63698-02.  I have purchased both the Fuel Tank Fitting Cover and a EFI Fuel Fitting Cover HD part number 62884-02.  Does anybody know if/or has anyone attached the Braided Stainless Steel Fuel Crossover line with work on the Fuel Tank Fitting Cover and/or EFI Fuel Fitting Cover [smiley=nixweiss.gif].   I like the look of the Fuel Tank Fitting Cover and was wondering if anyone has done this with the EFI Fuel Fitting Cover.
 Since that hacker deleted all of those pictures [smiley=furious.gif].  I was hoping whomever posted them, can repost them again.  We all know that  [smiley=worthless.gif]    Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Fuel Tank Fitting Cover Help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:58:45 PM »

I need some help!!  

Here's what you're looking for Rider.  Sorry it's not a great picture but it'll at least illustrate what you're thinking about.  This is the braided EFI fuel line 63020-04 that is supposedly only for Dyna's but is exacty the same length and fittings and pressure specs as the line for our touring bikes coupled with fitting 62800-03.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:59:01 PM by twolanerider »

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:10 PM »

Here's what you're looking for Rider.  Sorry it's not a great picture but it'll at least illustrate what you're thinking about.  This is the braided EFI fuel line 63020-04 that is supposedly only for Dyna's but is exacty the same length and fittings and pressure specs as the line for our touring bikes coupled with fitting 62800-03.

Twolanerider, thank you so much [smiley=thumbsup.gif].  I will now get the braided EFI fuel line 63020-04.  How much trouble was it to install?  Did you have to remove the fuel tank?  How long did this take you to do this?  As you can see from all my questions [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I want to make sure I don't screw it up.  I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.
 This site is so great, it has always given me great info and great ideas after seeing what other riders have done to their bikes.  Thanks again for your help.  Ride Safe [smiley=helmet.gif]
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 03:21:10 PM »

05Rider, I installed that same Dyna Braided Fuel Line and it is no problem to install........no, you don't have to remove or drain the tank, just 'pop it on'......has the attachments that just push on.  Has worked ok on my SEEG for a few thou miles now (I was paranoid enough to carry the old stock fuel line in my saddlebag since it was not cross-referenced for a Glide, but no problem so far).  Looks great!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 03:38:51 PM »

Absolutely just like Spyder says.  It takes longer to take the chrome fitting cover on and off than to change the line.  

When you get the new braided line in hand look at the fittings on each end.  The end that attaches to the tank is a type of quick coupler that in many ways works like an air chuck.  So it'll be obviuos to you.  The other end has releases that squeeze in from the side.  Look at the new line before trying to remove the old one and it'll be easier and make more sense as your brain will already have an idea what your hand needs to do.

Only thing extra I had to do was take off the horn.  My hand was just too big to get in there between the cylinders and change the line with the horn in the way.

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 05:39:40 PM »

Twolanerider & Spyder, thanks for the help and info [smiley=bigok.gif].  I tried all the local dealers in the area and nobody any had 63020-04 in stock.  So I ordered one from Surdyke HD for $38.00 and change.  Guess I will have to wait about a week to put this all together.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 08:38:19 PM »

Twolane, thanks for the pic, but for another reason . . . . . I like your Battery Tender pigtail routing better than my own.  Will work on switching mine over to the "Twolanerider-inspired" version sometime this weekend. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 11:29:41 PM »

Twolane, thanks for the pic, but for another reason . . . . . I like your Battery Tender pigtail routing better than my own.  Will work on switching mine over to the "Twolanerider-inspired" version sometime this weekend. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Brian likes my pigtail ? [smiley=shocked2.gif]            [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.