Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit  (Read 2084 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit
« on: August 05, 2005, 06:54:43 PM »

I have found the Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] from HD.  I have been wondering if anybody has installed this peg set to be use as highway cruising pegs [smiley=nixweiss.gif]?  I like a lot of other riders have been waiting to add some highway pegs.  Now that HD has come out with these Stealth Pegs.  I wanted to see some pictures[smiley=confused5.gif]. [smiley=worthless.gif]

I would also like to know which peg mounting kit works the best for us long legged folks.  Which is better Angled, Offset or 360. [smiley=confused5.gif]  Don't want to be cramped when I put my long a$$ legs out there.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768282&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302491575&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302491575&bmUID=1123280682539&bmLocale=en_US

Enjoy Every Ride - Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
Re: Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 08:43:27 PM »

I saw the release of these pegs last night. Finally!!! I refused to put something that diddnt match on my ride. I will be using 50957-02A Billet Mounts. I had them on my 03-SERK. Nice clean look. As for the long legs, I have found that its all in the mounting and positioning. I have 34" legs and found a couple of positions on my SERK that were too far. The lower you mount them the more reach you'll have. As you can see from the picture of my SERK, I had them mounted rather high and used to rest my ankles accross them. Allowed me to stretch them on long rides.

Its the little things in life that excite us....I'm heading to HD in the morning to get my Stealths...
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 09:45:59 PM »

Michael, thanks for the info and the great picture of your SERK.  You have a great one sweet lookin' SERK as well.  
 How much does the Adjustable Highway 360 and the Adjustable Angled and Adjustable Offset differ.  Which is best for a long legged guy.  Which provides the most comfort? [smiley=confused5.gif]  They all say that they will fit a tall or short person [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
Enjoy Each Ride - Ride Safe [smiley=helmet.gif]
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 08:20:13 AM »

I had the parts guy pull the Stealth pegs for me when I bought the tourpak liner. They are the large style peg & are not chrome on the back side (black vinyl). When you fold them up the black side shows. I carried them outside, compared them to my airfoil ones, then returned them to the counter. Didn't like them at all, to big for starters to use as highway pegs and I can not figure why they didn't make the peg chrome like the Airfoils vs the open back side with vinyl insert. To each his own I guess, but they didn't show well on the bike.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 08:36:24 AM »

Not chrome on the backside?!?! Guess I can take that off my list. Very dissapointed.  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 08:37:01 AM »

I retract my earlier comment, it's the little things in life that excite me. Now the little things have disappointed me.

I am still heading to HD this morning. I need to see this for myself. UGH!
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 08:57:20 AM »

That's ridiculous. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  That's fine with me, though.  I was looking at my airfoils while riding last night and pretty much came to the conclusion that I like 'em just fine.  The rubber strips on them are thicker and more well-placed to guard against scuffing than it seems the stealth's would be.  Over time, I envision the stealth highway pegs looking like my shifter pegs do, which is very dull, whereas my airfoils still look like new.  This information that the chrome has gone missing on the backside of the stealths seals the deal for me - I'll keep the airfoils.

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 06:40:58 PM »

I had the parts guy pull the Stealth pegs for me when I bought the tourpak liner. They are the large style peg & are not chrome on the back side (black vinyl). When you fold them up the black side shows. I carried them outside, compared them to my airfoil ones, then returned them to the counter. Didn't like them at all, to big for starters to use as highway pegs and I can not figure why they didn't make the peg chrome like the Airfoils vs the open back side with vinyl insert. To each his own I guess, but they didn't show well on the bike.

DW6019, you did say that your dealership had the Stealth Footpegs and they weren't Chrome.  Buy reading what HD said and looking at the picture, I think & hope you are wrong [smiley=nixweiss.gif].  I ordered the Stealth peg set after talking with the parts manager who stated that from what he remembers from the Dealers show they were all chrome.  I also ordered the Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit 360.  Both are now on order.  If anybody else has seen the Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit, please advise me if they are all chrome or is the underside black vinyl junk that is not going on my SEEG2.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768282&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302491575&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302491575&bmUID=1123367599595&bmLocale=en_US

"Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit
Just like a Stealth fighter, you may not hear it coming, but you'll definitely know when it arrives. The mirror chrome finish, deep tapered grooves, and thin black rubber tread make the Stealth Collection anything but invisible. First featured on the Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide® motorcycle, this complete collection allows you to dress your bike for maximum impact. Stealth Footpegs feature "ball-milled" grooves, raised rubber tread, and a sleek chrome surround for maximum visual impact."

DW6019, I just hope you were given the wrong part [smiley=oops.gif].  If you are right I will cancel my order for the Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit.  
Enjoy Each Ride & Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 10:13:40 PM »

I went to HD today, as I said I would. I bought em... They arent all chrome on the back. They are a chrome body with a rectangular rubber insert and a recessed bar & shield. I like the look of them. The only disappointment is they are the large size, not the smaller size. I'm one for the clean look and they stick out farther than I prefer. Nevertheless, they do match and I'll be going for a ride in the AM.

Ill take a picture tomorrow and post it for you...

Good Night.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »

05, HOW did you read what I wrote and decide that I had written the pegs were not chrome?? I clearly says they are not chrome on the back, they have a rubber/vinyl insert. No where does it say the pegs aren't chrome. Regardless they are to big for highway pegs, when folded down they stick out way to far.
READ SLOWLY 05!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 07:12:57 PM »

05, HOW did you read what I wrote and decide that I had written the pegs were not chrome?? I clearly says they are not chrome on the back, they have a rubber/vinyl insert. No where does it say the pegs aren't chrome. Regardless they are to big for highway pegs, when folded down they stick out way to far.
READ SLOWLY 05!

DW  you might have misinterpreted what he was writing.  In separate sentences he did ask whether the peg was "all" chrome and what the "underside" looked like.  That is pretty specifically speaking to your descriptions of being chromed on the top and rubber being on the bottom.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 07:14:38 PM by twolanerider »

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »

DW  you might have misinterpreted what he was writing.  In separate sentences he did ask whether the peg was "all" chrome and what the "underside" looked like.  That is pretty specifically speaking to your descriptions of being chromed on the top and rubber being on the bottom.

Twolanerider, you are right [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I was hoping that the Stealth Pegs were fully chrome wrapped.  It is apparent that the pegs are not.  I guess I will have to wait until I have my hands on a set to see if I want them are not [smiley=confused5.gif].  Pictures would be great -  [smiley=worthless.gif]  
 DW, sorry if my prior message was a little confusing.  Thanks to everybody for their info.
Enjoy Each Ride - Ride Often - Ride Safe [smiley=helmet.gif]

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »

As promised, here are the pctures. I appologize for the quality, I had to use my palm pilot. I cant find the digital camera. Ugh! Nevertheless, here they are.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 08:31:16 PM »

Top....Good. Bottom....well, not what I wanted but I still like them. I think.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I guess I will have to check them out at the shop. Thanks for the pics Michael.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

Top....Good. Bottom....well, not what I wanted but I still like them. I think.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I guess I will have to check them out at the shop. Thanks for the pics Michael.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Laker, I agree with you [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I am going to have to have those pegs in my hands and walk with out to my bike to really see if they are going to work before I can make my final decision [smiley=nixweiss.gif].  Michael thanks for thr great photos - they always help.
Enjoy Each Ride - Ride Safe [smiley=helmet.gif]

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.