Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: I'll Miss You Mom!!!  (Read 13078 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: I'll Miss You Mom!!!
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »

Hoist, again my deepest sympathy for you and your family.  I appreciated your thoughts about my dad passing.

I too was very happy to have been able to say the things I did for the short time we had left, from his heart attack to his passing three days later.  But at 10 days short of turning 95, my dad had one hell of a ride.  And ride he did back in the day.  Those days being the late 20', 30's and into the 40's.  His last Harley was a '37 and he said he loved that bike.  But then the family thing happened.

I know you were able to express thoughts and comfort and love to your mother before see rode off into the sunset.  My mom passed in her sleep, but not from a long illness.  I regretting spend "extra" time with her, too busy I guess to make the time.

My dad passed on the 12th of October and as time goes by I can now speak about him to people without having to stop and take a breath or two.  I'm sure that your Thanksgiving will be a good one and all the family and friends will remember her with fond memories.

All I can do now is wish your mom God's speed and no flat tires on her trip.

I've read all of this and I see all the friendship and love here.  You've got lots of friends here and they are showing it now.

Take care...

What a thoughtful post Dan. Thanks so much for the kind words! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »

Wow, I'm truly sorry Howie. I didn't know until now. I hope you are taking it well. I know exactly how you feel as my mom is in a nursing home and I go to feed her everyday. As your mom, she is a loving mother and always gave her utmost to everyone she knew. I know your mom is at peace now and I will pray for her.  It is with deep regret that I write this. My condolences my friend. I'm sorry for your loss. George 

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »

Howie,
  I just saw your post, I been off line for a few weeks, long story. I'm very sorry about your mother. I just seems like nothing is the same after you Mom dies. My Mom has been gone for almost 9 years, but she is still with me every day of the world, as I know yours will be with you.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »

Howie,

I have just found this thread and I am so sorry for the lost of your mother.  I can not begin to express my thoughts upon this post but know that your lost is her gain.

Keep the faith my friend...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »

Thanks so much George, Cary, and Jock! Your thoughts are appreciated! All you folks are fantastic! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

I missed this Howie. I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. At this time in life I think we all question what it is all about and how someone who gave so much can be taken away, never to be seen again.

For me the things to remember are the happy times and the love that was shared through a lifetime. She will always be alive in your thoughts.

My Mum has had to give up her home and is now living with us whilst undergoing Radiotherapy treatment for an inoperable Brain Tumour. Things don't look too good and the chances are slim that the treatment is succesful in any way. Me and Jan are trying to see this time that she is with us as a blessing and that we can share some happy times while she is here.

Our thoughts are with you both.

Nige & Jan
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »

Howie,
I've been off the net for a while.  Truly sorry to hear about your mom.  Phyllis and I send our deepest condolenses. 
Tony

Chrome O

• 2009 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »

Hoist,

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but hopefully you will ride with her again on the big sky way.  My sincere condolences prayers and thoughts.

Michael
What ever you think   ----your right---

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

Hoist,

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but hopefully you will ride with her again on the big sky way.  My sincere condolences prayers and thoughts.

Michael

Howie,
I've been off the net for a while.  Truly sorry to hear about your mom.  Phyllis and I send our deepest condolenses. 
Tony

I missed this Howie. I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. At this time in life I think we all question what it is all about and how someone who gave so much can be taken away, never to be seen again.

For me the things to remember are the happy times and the love that was shared through a lifetime. She will always be alive in your thoughts.

My Mum has had to give up her home and is now living with us whilst undergoing Radiotherapy treatment for an inoperable Brain Tumour. Things don't look too good and the chances are slim that the treatment is succesful in any way. Me and Jan are trying to see this time that she is with us as a blessing and that we can share some happy times while she is here.

Our thoughts are with you both.

Nige & Jan

Holy Crap! Sorry I missed these. Thanks for your kind thoughts Chrome O! And thanks so much Tony and Nige! Hey Tony, how've you sand Phyllis been man? Healthy and Happy New Year to you all!!! :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Hoist! 8)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Thinking of you and your family in your time of need

Rick and Michelle
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 09:21:30 AM »

Thinking of you and your family in your time of need

Rick and Michelle

Thanks so much Rick & Michelle! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:20 AM »

Never think of yourself as a burden. We are all hear to share in your pain and to keep you lifted up in prayer. Afterall, isn't that what friends are for? I will be praying for God to give you and your family comfort in your time of suffering and ask that you be lifted up and held in his loving embrace. God bless.

Miss Kitty

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »

Never think of yourself as a burden. We are all hear to share in your pain and to keep you lifted up in prayer. Afterall, isn't that what friends are for? I will be praying for God to give you and your family comfort in your time of suffering and ask that you be lifted up and held in his loving embrace. God bless.

Miss Kitty

Thank you for your kind words Miss Kitty! :2vrolijk_21:

I just noticed you joined us today! Welcome and enjoy this GREAT SITE!!!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:54:50 AM by Hoist! »

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

Howie,
  It has been difficult for me to finally look at this thread.  I wanted to hear the words from the passionate man who has been posting here for so long.  There is no finer tribute to a good women than that of a son.  We are stubborn, proud, heelraisers and usually a thorn in their ass.  Daughters on the other hand are usually less troublesome.

Too few men ever realize the quiet, protective and adoring bond of thier mothers.  Sadly fewer still ever let her know.  I too know I am the man I am today because of my mother.  My father gave me logic, strentgh and perseverence.  My mother gave me love, understanding and compassion.

The passing of my mother two years ago was both sudden and tragic.  The pain and loss are still heavy in my heart.  She lived with me for 4 years, I was able to provide her the golden years.  I am extremely proud and honored she chose me over my siblings. 
To that my friend, let me offer a toast.  To two wonderful women to whom we owe everything.  From two proud and adoring sons who love and miss them immensely.
                                                                                     :drink: Randy   

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

hdhog1, very well said and very touching.

Hoist, I see how late i am to this.  I sincerely am sorry for your loss. I too am dealing with my Mom's deteriorating health due to her progressing cancer. 

Ted
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.