Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE FATBOB VS HONDA  (Read 7298 times)

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
SE FATBOB VS HONDA
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »

Last night I went for nice little ride up until I stopped at a red light then it turned into pure fun, A Honda pulled up behind, Well I was thinking I'll just see if I can pull away from it when the light changed, Sure enough he tried to stay up with me but couldn't. After that we road about 2 miles or so until we stopped at another red light, this time he was in the lane next to me, I wasn't going to race him until he decide to take off as quick as he could. Well I couldn't let that happen. He had a very nice jump on me, I gave my little Fatbob some gas, released the clutch, Back tire broke lose (that made me nervous) and then I flew by him. When we stopped at the next light the only thing I said to him was " not bad for a little Harley " His only reply was " that bike is sweeeet "... I don't know what kind of Honda it was, only thing I can say is it one of the ones that they try to make it look like a Harley.

This was without any mods. I still have to put on the new muffler and have her tuned.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:06:42 PM by cowboy7123 »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: SE FATBOB VS HONDA
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »

Don't wait too long.  You're missing out on even more fun!  And, you might want to read here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27814.0   :huepfenjump3:

g

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

Don't wait too long.  You're missing out on even more fun!  And, you might want to read here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27814.0   :huepfenjump3:

g

On the Fatbob, I believe the cats are in the mufflers. I had the parts manager look up exhaust and we didn't see any in the pipes.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

Now you have the bug,, there ain't no turning around now. I love them Fat Bobs. Congrats on the new bike and your first Drag win   :2vrolijk_21:

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »

That was a Honda 250 Rebel ,there quick just not that quick :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:17:24 PM »

Yeah, I would be careful which Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, .... you pick on.  Harleys ain't speed machines.  You can put $10K in a Harley and then you will have a Harley that will out run another Harley.
I love my SEUC and really love the HP & torque (compared to my old 88 c.i. Ultra), but I know better than to pick a race with a Goldwing  ;)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »

Yeah, I would be careful which Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, .... you pick on.  Harleys ain't speed machines.  You can put $10K in a Harley and then you will have a Harley that will out run another Harley.
I love my SEUC and really love the HP & torque (compared to my old 88 c.i. Ultra), but I know better than to pick a race with a Goldwing  ;)

Yea, my 103 has 98.2 hp, 101 torque, and my buddy has a stock wing, blows my bags off.
The bad part is, he also weighs 100 lbs more then I do!
The "TAZMUN"

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

The wing is faster but between you and I ,I do miss the sound .
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »

The wing is faster but between you and I ,I do miss the sound .

So BIGDOG, what you riding?
The "TAZMUN"

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »

Back when I had my V65 Honda, I had a guy on a softail that would pass me on the same long stretch of road every afternoon, on my way home from work. It wouldn't have bothered me, but instead of pulling out with a good distance between us, he'd get right on my a$$ and then jump out and right back in just after passing me, no cars coming the other way. Well anyway, after about 3 or 4 days of this I decided to put him in his place, so the next day when I saw him comming, I down shifted, and waited until he got close, then I let it rip! At 120 I looked in the mirror, he was a little spec way back there.   :)
I only saw him one other time, he didn't get close, then I started working from home, so never saw him anymore.

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

reason I bought my cvo was suzuki came out with 109...my 103 roadking just felt too slow...with a few mods I got 115hp-115tq...my luck someone will come out with 130hp metric cruiser now!
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »

Well, I want to hop up the RK a little, but I bought the RK to slow down enjoy the ride/view!

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »

That was a Honda 250 Rebel ,there quick just not that quick :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
I hope it was atleast a Shadow (1100 maybe?)

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.