Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: NEW 2009 SERG  (Read 27278 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
NEW 2009 SERG
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:27 PM »

Ken,

You should also start another thread about your (or Cheri's) new toy. Most will not see that you have this new beauty unless they dig through this thread.  As we are all busybody s and have nothing better to do, we love to hear about folks spending more hard earned money in a recession before an election.  Make us all feel good to know you are doing your share to turn this country around before we start "spreading the wealth". ;D

As bad as this hurts my feelings, SilverDawg recommends I start a new thread. I'll take one for the team  ;D

I've got less than 150 miles on this HD so far, but from what I can tell so far.....WOW. the bike handles like a dream. It feels like it's 200 pounds lighter than the Ultra, but I'm sure it's not much difference. Right off the bat, might as well toss the stock windshield in the trash like others have said. The stock windshield seems to get two different air currents mixing and fighting right at my ear drums. It's absolutely deafening. After reading the other threads and some input from Spiderman who rides a RG, I ordered a 12" Klock Werks today. I've read good things about the clearview, but they're out 5-6 weeks. I still may eventually order one, but for now, I'll try the 12" Klock Werks. Dennis Kirk can ship immediately for $160.

As far as the suspension, the front end feels fine so far. The rear air suspension had 0 PSI from the dealer. I put 25
PSI in it yesterday and rode a little. Feels like it needs 10 more PSI to hold my big a$$ up. I'll try that for now, but, I see a set of bitubos coming pretty quickly. I'm going to try and hold off the Traxxion for now. Yea right.

I'm also looking at seats. I think a solo seat would look sharp on this bike. I've not made any decisons yet. La Pera seats have always caught my eye. I have no idea what to order, and I only know if I like it after seeing it. I'd make a poor designer.

Th stereo needs a lot of help. It only has 2 speakers versus 4. It doesn't have the high wattage like the Ultra does. I think Hawg Wired would fix that.

While I love this bike so far, there are a lot of amenities missing that I'm used to with the Ultra. Heated grips and seats, better stereo, tour pak, XM radio, electric locks for the saddlebags and TP, highway pegs, lowers which I seldom use anyways, intercom system, (could hear the stereo better). That is a lot of bling for just a few thousand bucks. But, when it's said and done, it just wouldn't be a RG. 

So much for keeping this bike stock. My name is Ken Walker and I'm an addict.

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: NEW 2009 SERG
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

Is JD going to start getting some yellow shirts to be more color coordinated?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »

Is JD going to start getting some yellow shirts to be more color coordinated?

Did you notice the yellow specs? $10.95.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »

Ken,

Beautiful bike!  Congratulation!  JD's (Did I get that right?) glasses look great too.   I found a yellow ski sweater in my closet that matches the yellow exactly.  Boy did I get s__t for that!  Enjoy!! 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »

Looks great, Ken!  Congrats on the new bike and don't forget the $750 spending limit.    :2vrolijk_21:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »

Ken I want to be one of the first "CVO Addict's" to congaulate you. :2vrolijk_09:  Heres to you bro.  ;D  A freind and neighbor of mine just stop by and told be he just pulled the trigger on a ole yeller SERG. He gets his tomorrow.   ;D   :bananarock:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »

Nice Ride! Congrats
The impossible just takes a little longer

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »

Nice photo of you and JD Ken. You guys look damn near as nice as the bike - - - - ok well JD does at least   ;)

Did you buy a KW black shield or smoked windshield ?  Let us know how it works out. 

I hear you on the amenities, but you've got two different bikes you're comparing. It ain't really apples and apples.

Gotta say, the more I see of the yellow, especially with the inner fairing painted, the more I like it.

A hot rod should be hot and those yellow ones sure are.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »

Did you notice the yellow specs? $10.95.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering if shirts were coming next :P .

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »

hi JD "your" new CVO looks good
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »

Nice ride Brother! Are you gonna get a cup holder for JD?

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »

As bad as this hurts my feelings, SilverDawg recommends I start a new thread. I'll take one for the team  ;D

I've got less than 150 miles on this HD so far, but from what I can tell so far.....WOW. the bike handles like a dream. It feels like it's 200 pounds lighter than the Ultra, but I'm sure it's not much difference. Right off the bat, might as well toss the stock windshield in the trash like others have said. The stock windshield seems to get two different air currents mixing and fighting right at my ear drums. It's absolutely deafening. After reading the other threads and some input from Spiderman who rides a RG, I ordered a 12" Klock Werks today. I've read good things about the clearview, but they're out 5-6 weeks. I still may eventually order one, but for now, I'll try the 12" Klock Werks. Dennis Kirk can ship immediately for $160.

As far as the suspension, the front end feels fine so far. The rear air suspension had 0 PSI from the dealer. I put 25
PSI in it yesterday and rode a little. Feels like it needs 10 more PSI to hold my big a$$ up. I'll try that for now, but, I see a set of bitubos coming pretty quickly. I'm going to try and hold off the Traxxion for now. Yea right.

I'm also looking at seats. I think a solo seat would look sharp on this bike. I've not made any decisons yet. La Pera seats have always caught my eye. I have no idea what to order, and I only know if I like it after seeing it. I'd make a poor designer.

Th stereo needs a lot of help. It only has 2 speakers versus 4. It doesn't have the high wattage like the Ultra does. I think Hawg Wired would fix that.

While I love this bike so far, there are a lot of amenities missing that I'm used to with the Ultra. Heated grips and seats, better stereo, tour pak, XM radio, electric locks for the saddlebags and TP, highway pegs, lowers which I seldom use anyways, intercom system, (could hear the stereo better). That is a lot of bling for just a few thousand bucks. But, when it's said and done, it just wouldn't be a RG. 

So much for keeping this bike stock. My name is Ken Walker and I'm an addict.

Ken,
after reading this I am not sure this bike is for YOU!  You are definitely an Ultra comfy guy so I volunteer to help you out.  I can come get it as late as tomorrow.  Just let me know.  You can thank me later.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

Looks great, Ken!  Congrats on the new bike and don't forget the $750 spending limit.    :2vrolijk_21:

I'll never live that down eh Bob?

Ken,

Beautiful bike!  Congratulation!  JD's (Did I get that right?) glasses look great too.   I found a yellow ski sweater in my closet that matches the yellow exactly.  Boy did I get s__t for that!  Enjoy!!  

GK

Maybe just a bit much? Thanks man.

Ken I want to be one of the first "CVO Addict's" to congaulate you. :2vrolijk_09:  Heres to you bro.  ;D  A freind and neighbor of mine just stop by and told be he just pulled the trigger on a ole yeller SERG. He gets his tomorrow.   ;D   :bananarock:

Thanks Dave. Let me know what you think.

Nice Ride! Congrats

Thankies.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »

Nice photo of you and JD Ken. You guys look damn near as nice as the bike - - - - ok well JD does at least   ;)

Did you buy a KW black shield or smoked windshield ?  Let us know how it works out. 

I hear you on the amenities, but you've got two different bikes you're comparing. It ain't really apples and apples.

Gotta say, the more I see of the yellow, especially with the inner fairing painted, the more I like it.

A hot rod should be hot and those yellow ones sure are.

B B

I didn't think I'd like this yellow neither BB. But, as soon as we saw it, we did. Might no be for everyone, (right howie? LOL..it's not black) and I understand that. BUT.we like it.

I did go ahead and buy the Klock Werks, baed mostly on your recommendations. Plus they can ship it immediately. It's just tinted.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 08:11:33 PM »

Nice ride Brother! Are you gonna get a cup holder for JD?

JD don't even want to ride this one. She wants to ride the Ultra. Like a princess on her throne!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.