Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Sears Bike Jack  (Read 10939 times)

lvrider

New Sears Bike Jack
« on: August 08, 2005, 04:54:50 PM »

Went shopping at Sears the other day and noticed they were selling an upgraded version of their motorcycle lift.  If you're like me, I have to run my SEEG on a 2X4 in order to get my jack under the frame.  With this new Sears lift being only 3 1/2 inches tall, you can throw the 2x4 out the door.  On top of that, the jack only weighs 44 lbs versus 91 lbs. for the new jack is made of aluminum.  And if you own a yellow banana as I do, the other plus is that the jack is yellow and silver; almost a perfect match.  The only drawback is that it cost a tad more, specifically $169.00  If you're interested, the Sears item # is 00950191000, model # AG02883G.  Attached is a picture I got from Sears.com.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
Re: New Sears Bike Jack
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:01:44 PM »

Thanks lvrider - I like the "old" Sears model (yeah, it's RED!!!), but you're right...the 2x4 routine is a bit of an inconvenience.  One thing I do like on the old one are the safety detents that prevent the jack from lowering if it loses hydraulic pressure.  Hope the new one has something like that, though it doesn't appear to by the pics.  Headed to Sears tomorrow - if they have one, I'll give a report.  PJ

lvrider

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 01:07:11 AM »

Hey PJ.  The new jack does have the detents.  Additionally, to raise the jack, you only need to twist the handle then pump the handle.  To lower, you twist the handle in the opposite direction.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:06:15 AM »

I got one at Sams club that is low enough to go under the SEEG, about $60. Probly weighs 90 lbs. it is RED. But not nearly as nice as the Sears one. Good thing it isn't red or I would be hooked.

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 02:49:37 AM »

This Jack looks great but it is not very wide at the one end. Is this going to be
very stable with such a heavy motorcycle as the SEEG????? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 06:39:07 AM »

[smiley=bigok.gif]Hey that nice! I need one of those jacks. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 08:27:41 AM »

I noticed an ad last weekend from Sears Hardware for this and thought this might be a good time to replace my tired old "C" lift.  So far, however, I haven't seen one in person to answer some questions that the photo brings to mind:

Is the handle detachable, or is it going to be in the way while working on the right side of the bike?

Is the rear wide enough to be really stable?

Will I be able to store it out of the way like the old lift - handle detached and lift held vertical by a hook on the wall, takes up maybe 8 inches by 18 inches of floor space against the wall?

I'll have to go by Sears Hardware this weekend and check it out.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:33:40 AM »

grc, that was my question too.  Is that jack wide enough to be stable.  I like the compact design and light weight.  I will have to swing by Sears and check it out.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:49:11 AM »

Those are good points, the handle could be in the way and if you lower it by turning the handle, you may not be able to hold the bike as you do it.
The jack I bought at Sams (or Cosco, can't remember which) is made by Larin...about $60. It rolls under my bike with room to spare. It is wide and stable...has steel wheels so you can move it with the bike on it, came with tie downs and a separate bracket for transmissions
...has a foot pedal to raise it and another to lower it so you can keep your hands free to hold the bike stable. It even has a T-handle to pull it with that comes off with no tools.It could be hung on the wall on a bracket. It is all steel and heavy, thats why I thought the aluminum one sounded good.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 11:24:39 AM »

Hadn't noticed this thread before today but saw one of the jacks at Sears last night.  You could hang it on a hook on the wall suspended by its front axle.  It did have detents to lock in three or four different positions.  But it didn't have a foot pedal and the ass end is kind of narrow.  The lack of a foot pedal was enough to keep me from being really interested.  It was light though.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 11:35:02 AM »

Boston Biker http://www.bostonbiker.com/ , posted a warning recently from one of their readers.  Not that it relates to any of these products but it does serve as a reminder to all to be careful:

CAUTION - Motorcycle Lifts

We received this note from a reader and think it is important to pass on....

Just a note that may help someone not go through the agony of what I had happen to me on Saturday. I decide to detail my ride for the Molly Bish ride on Sunday. I pulled out my (ATV, MOTORCYCLE, GOOD FOR 1,500 LBS ) jack and slid her under my 2001 dyna wide glide that just a few days prior, even with almost 31,000 kind miles on her, someone asked if it were brand new. I then checked the position of the jack and pumped it up to the max of about 16 inches off the ground. I turned to get my cleaning bucket and suddenly I heard a very ugly type of sound. I turned quickly to watch my ride turn over and fall onto first the lift and then violently strike the ground. Yeah, it was not good and I painfully lifted my baby off of the offender and picked the lift up and gave it a toss.   It seems that the bolts that hold the hydraulic jack to the plate of this lift are to say the least, inferior. The threads were ripped off of the bolts causing them to slip from their hold and the total collapse of the jack. I suggest that anyone owning a jack such as this replace the bolts in question with a hardened bolt.      Hope it helps.    They don't bounce well.   signed "Oh yeah a few grand"                                          

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 09:03:22 PM »

Boston Biker http://www.bostonbiker.com/ , posted a warning recently from one of their readers.  Not that it relates to any of these products but it does serve as a reminder to all to be careful:

You did good Bill never heard of Boston biker I liked it put it on my favorites list

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 09:17:51 AM »

I bought one of those Sears jacks on Sunday, fits beautiful under the bike and the lift is incrediable, and it is secure from left to right, but  the bike is unstable forward and rear, I believe the aluminium is not strong enough and  twists and gives when raised it starts this rocking action, like a hobby horse. I  would not want to wrench on it., or even rub on it.  So thanks to Sear's great return policy, it goes back it goes Monday,
IMHO  - don't waste your time
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 10:45:44 AM »

That's kind of what I figured.  Just looking at it, I was wondering how it could be stable with an 800 LB bike on it.  I have a Pit Bull lift and beside having to roll my bike up on a 2x6 to get the list under, I love it's stability.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:27 PM »

I have had my Sears jack for right at 20 years. Store it under my Bushtec on an angle. Great jack love the foot pump never have had a need to replace it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:06:58 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.