Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit  (Read 14443 times)

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

To bad a few screwed it up for many in Myrtle Beach.Always enjoyed the rally there.
2 years ago 6 of us had dragged pool chairs to the sidewalk to watch the parade &
 have a few beers.Cop came along & very politely asked that we not block the
 sidewalk but no problem with the beer.Very fair.Am going to miss it.Won't spend my
  $$$ where I'm not wanted.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »

The new catch phrase for Myrtle Beach is "Not a Dime in '09"

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »

If everyone continued to attend Harley Bike Week but boycotted the City of Myrtle Beach (CoMB) in every conceivable manner, they (CoMB) would have to rethink their position. No motels, food, t-shirts or gas. This means no city or accommodations taxes for CoMB. Don't patronize the businesses outside of CoMB that operate business inside of CoMB. Remind attendees who are in CoMB that they shouldn't spend a penny in the CoMB. I couldn't find a "screw" icon so....SCREW CoMB!
Will this do?

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »

@#$% MB.  Was there in 07.  Cops hassled everybody. North Ocean Blvd was closed.  They forced all traffic onto Bus. 17.  What a nightmare, constant traffic jams.
  I spoke to several employees of local businesses.  Seems most of the t-shirt, food, and trinket stores are owned by foreigners anyway.  I was told most of the local young people are leaving because the new owners supply thier own labor.  Well thats another subject.

New Hope, PA pulled the same stunt several years ago.  It was not an event ride, but more of an all summer biker hangout.  Most of the business catered to our crowd and we spent a fortune.  Well the city fathers (in thier great wisdom) they wanted a more posh and swanky town and forced the bikers out.  The traffic moves so slow the cops actually ride bicycles and carry decible meters.  You actually get pulled over by a bicycle!  Me and the misses stopped going there completely on a bike or in a cage.  They can kiss my @#$.
  There are many places that want my green and my scooter don't care where I ride, only that I do.  So ride on my brothers.  The compass has four directions.  Visit them all. hdhog1

Anyhow spend your time elsewhere, stay 2 weeks in Sturgis.  Now there is a place worth riding. 

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2008, 12:38:11 AM »

@#$% MB.  Was there in 07.  Cops hassled everybody. North Ocean Blvd was closed.  They forced all traffic onto Bus. 17.  What a nightmare, constant traffic jams.
  I spoke to several employees of local businesses.  Seems most of the t-shirt, food, and trinket stores are owned by foreigners anyway.  I was told most of the local young people are leaving because the new owners supply thier own labor.  Well thats another subject.

New Hope, PA pulled the same stunt several years ago.  It was not an event ride, but more of an all summer biker hangout.  Most of the business catered to our crowd and we spent a fortune.  Well the city fathers (in thier great wisdom) they wanted a more posh and swanky town and forced the bikers out.  The traffic moves so slow the cops actually ride bicycles and carry decible meters.  You actually get pulled over by a bicycle!  Me and the misses stopped going there completely on a bike or in a cage.  They can kiss my @#$.
  There are many places that want my green and my scooter don't care where I ride, only that I do.  So ride on my brothers.  The compass has four directions.  Visit them all. hdhog1

Anyhow spend your time elsewhere, stay 2 weeks in Sturgis.  Now there is a place worth riding. 

Myrtle Beach has always been a honky tonk town. That was the allure. People of a middle income family could go to a beach resort and have an inexpensive vacation. The Springs Industries Company owns the oldest hotel at the end of the strip. It was built as a place for the workers in the factories to go. The rooms were concrete slabs with thin mattresses and a very utilitarian room. However, the cost was $3 per night! This is where the working class went. Now that people have found this slice of Heaven, they have moved in to take over and redevelop it in the fasion of where they hail. It is this way in most communities throughout the country.
I say, take it with a grain of salt and move on. My mother always told me I didn't like change. And one thing that is constant in life is change. As someone else has already said in these pages, there will be another "get together" somewhere else were we as bikers will be welcome.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2008, 01:00:21 AM »

What's the latest, AJ?  Is the 'recession' going to change their little minds at all?  Like you say:  Change is inevidable....Daytona and MB have been ebbing and flowing on how they treat bikers since the inception of the rallies and I just bet it will continue.  This year prolly won't be 'hit'.  :-[ har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »

For those that like home built bikes and classics The Smoke Out 10 is the same weekend as/is Myrtle. This year is is being held in Rockingham.

http://www.smokeoutrally.com/

I have been to two of the last three. This isn't a rally, it is a two day event.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/mlcorrell/Smoke%20Out%20VIIII/
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2008, 09:43:59 AM »

The new catch phrase for Myrtle Beach is "Not a Dime in '09"

I like That.  :pepper: :carrot:
2023 CVO Road Glide

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

What's the latest, AJ?  Is the 'recession' going to change their little minds at all?  Like you say:  Change is inevidable....Daytona and MB have been ebbing and flowing on how they treat bikers since the inception of the rallies and I just bet it will continue.  This year prolly won't be 'hit'.  :-[ har!  :drink: spyder

New laws are to go into effect on February 28th. The attitude, as reported in the local media and on blogs, has been in favor of smaller rallies. The outspoken locals are making their voices heard and the bikers, who are primarily from out of town, aren't making much noise.

On the other hand, Daytona is rethinking it's stance. They have just announced that they want to try and bring the biker crowd back to Beach St. I guess that loosing all of that tax revenue to Ormond Beach is taking it's toll. 

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »

On the other hand, Daytona is rethinking it's stance. They have just announced that they want to try and bring the biker crowd back to Beach St. I guess that loosing all of that tax revenue to Ormond Beach is taking it's toll. 

LOL (where is the middle finger smiley?  ;))
2023 CVO Road Glide

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:25 PM »

Thank you for the link. I'd like to know a little more about this. I'm curious if it is Rossmeyer, the City or someone behind the scenes.
2023 CVO Road Glide

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »

Thank you for the link. I'd like to know a little more about this. I'm curious if it is Rossmeyer, the City or someone behind the scenes.

From what I've heard it is the city looking for more revenue as most municipalities are. I'll know more after the New Year.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »

From Jamin Leather
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.