Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit  (Read 14475 times)

911Hawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide O/B
No more Myrtle beach bike week.
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »

SPIDERMAN

Re: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

Myrtle Beach is dead to me, never going back for anything.

Gee, this was on my Bucket List and now by the time I get there, nobody else will be there  :confused5:

B B

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »

I was just on www.myrtlebeachharley.com and this is what they had to say:

"BIKE WEEK UPDATE

We look forward to seeing all bikers for the 69th Annual Spring Bike Week (May 8-17) in Horry County (everywhere but the City of Myrtle Beach) in 2009.

The City of Myrtle Beach has initiated a media campaign designed to deter the good, law abiding motorcycle riders from coming to our area. The information being disseminated by the Grand Strand Chamber of Commerce and City of Myrtle Beach does not accurately portray the views of the people of Horry County. The majority of people and businesses look forward to you visiting and desperately rely on your visiting to make it through the year.

The last I checked, bikers aren’t going to be intimidated. As always, if you come to our area and obey the laws and respect our community you have nothing to worry about. The City of Myrtle Beach can’t stop you from visiting the other areas of Horry County. We are encouraged by the emails we are getting from people saying they are coming anyway. There is no reason for you not to come. As H-D says, “Screw It, Let’s Ride!”

Furthermore, the City of Myrtle Beach has never played a role in bike week and has made it clear they don’t want to play a role. In years past, over 90% of the events taking place were outside the limits of the City of Myrtle Beach. The new rules and regulations really WILL NOT affect your visit or any of the activities and events.

We have listed info that will make your visit easier this year and will continue to try and alleviate any of your confusion. Trust me, we are all confused and we live here."

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
Re: No more Myrtle beach bike week.
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »

I am sure many will miss this event.  For me, after all the hassles, I vowed not to return anyway.  Randy

SPIDERMAN

Re: No more Myrtle beach bike week.
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »

:alcohol: http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html   Good by good old days !

Daytona's next folks and don't think people like FB aren't pushing for it to happen with the investment they've made in Ormand just off I-95. Laconia will go next and finally, the only one left will be Sturgis, which was always the best anyway.

B B

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2009, 05:40:17 AM »

Frank, look into this and check the facts. Horry county is on board with what the city of MB wants. The county rules will apply all the way up to the North Carolina State Line. The cities (North Myrtle Beach, etc.) may want our business, but the county does not.

I did.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2009, 06:58:28 AM »

I don't think you can have as a destination a area/part of a area or whatever that doesn't want you and has passed ordinances to harrass you if you come.  Not conducive to having a good time on your vacation while spending your hard earned $$$.  :-[  JMHO.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »

Myrtle Beach has made it clear that they don't want my business if I'm riding my bike, SOOOO I won't give them my business anytime! FMB
Mike
 :drink: :drink: :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »

This is just my opinion mind you and others may disagree as they see fit, but with the minor exception of seeing some too young for me to even be thinking about it T&A, I've had 110% more fun at the CVOHarley gatherings I've attended than the last few times I've been in Daytona. Since I've never been to Myrtle Beach, I'm assuming it's more on par with Daytona than it is Sturgis or Laconia. In any event, for those of us lucky enough to be a part of this CVOHarley.com, shutting down MB isn't exactly the end of the world now is it ?

B B
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:11:22 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »

It's well that the CVO gatherings are such a hoot and I'm looking forward to my next one in the Ozarks. BUT, there's nothing wrong w/  t & a, cheap longnecks, relaxing by the shore, checking out the vendors, and getting some spring sun along w/ a bunch of other like minded folks as well. No, it's not the end of the world, just a sign of the times and a kick in the nuts.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »

This is just my opinion mind you and others may disagree as they see fit, but with the minor exception of seeing some too young for me to even be thinking about it T&A, I've had 110% more fun at the CVOHarley gatherings I've attended than the last few times I've been in Daytona. Since I've never been to Myrtle Beach, I'm assuming it's more on par with Daytona than it is Sturgis or Laconia. In any event, for those of us lucky enough to be a part of this CVOHarley.com, shutting down MB isn't exactly the end of the world now is it ?

:worthless: B

I couldn't agree with you more B B.  And not just because I'm your #1  ;D! While I have never been to Sturgis or Laconia, I have been to Daytona and MB for many years. My first Daytona trip was while in college in 1988 and I didn't even own a bike at the time. Some of our CVO gatherings have occurred during various "bike weeks". The very first time I met a large number of members here was at Daytona in the Spring of 2007. During that trip, I spent very little time with anyone other than site members and really could've cared less about seeing what Daytona had. For me it has always been more about the friendships.

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »

Like I stated before I am done with Myrtle Beach.  There are those of you who may be affected directly or know someone who will concerning the anti-biker rhetoric.

I have an a few ideas for you, if you feel strongly enough to oppose city hall.

Years ago New Hope PA turned anti-biker. They imposed a 1 bike per parking spot rule and ticketed bikes with loud pipes using decimeters.  A large group of bikes started going into town and legally parked 1 bike in all the spots to force a change.  It never was the same.  I have never returned.

2nd Possibly a boycott of Myrtle beach or a massive letter campaign to city hall by individuals and/or companies vowing not to return due to thier anti motorcycle policies.  Although all this is time consuming, and I think in the long run a losing battle.  It's true, YOU CAN'T FIGHT CITY HALL!!!

The real problem here is the event will probably happen in surrounding areas, but the bikers will pay dearly  $$$$.  The law will write tickets to everyone venturing into MB territory.  I say let it go.  There are plenty of places accepting of two wheel traffic and $.                     Randy

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »

I think I've done 8 of the last 9 years at MB. Each year I say it's my last and then some friend wants to go, so I go too. I like the ride down better than the rally anyway. Last year was the worst yet. I really see it going down hill anyway. Either I am getting older or something, but I am looking for something different nowadays. The wife and I did MV Thunder in the valley last year. We headed out on our own and just happened one the rally!  We liked the small rally better. We might do the cvo thing there (MV) this year if we don't ride up the northeast coast in September. Outer Banks would be better if the organizers could move it a few weeks further out. The weather is much better here (warmer) in mid May. We will make the CVO gathering there this year and look forward to meeting some of you there! ;D
RETIRED! :fireman:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »

I know this is kinda off topic but it seems to me actually a logical place to make this post.

There's an old saying that nothing ever stays the same. That certainly holds true for what we call the "Biker Lifestyle" I honestly feel bad for some of the folks just buying their first H-D who have visions of old time biker parties they've read or heard about. A lot of what used to pass for fun has been PC'd out of existence. I certainly sympathize with any woman who was subjected to a gauntlet of "show us your t_ _ s" yahoos at these major runs, but there were also no small amount of more than willing volunteers amoung the fairer sex who enjoyed being the object of everyone's attention. My opinion is that the "fun" in this vanished when hordes of guys with video cameras descended on these events like land sharks. And of course, we've seen a major change in our attitude on alcohol consumption over the past few years. So the whole t_ _ties and beer have kind of faded into the woodwork. What these events have become basically is a bunch of people hanging around waiting for somebody to do something noteworthy enough to take a picture/video of. With the over zealousness of LEO's, what remains is riding around and rapping your pipes making noise which is what the citizenry objects to the most. That and the fact that as I've pointed out 1000 times, most non riders can't tell the difference between a HOG member and a Hell's Angel. We're all part of a loud and unruly horde that descends on their existence. And since the average citizen isn't making any money from hotel rooms, food, t-shirts etc. we've become nothing but one big incovenience to them. The old days that were captured in the pages of the hard core biker magazines are gone forever. What remains for the vast majority of riders is the myth. Fortunately for those of us on this website, we've all been there, done that, bought the t-shirt enough that we've developed something to replace the old days. This place, this site and the gatherings we put together be they a 1/2 dozen folks out for a day or a weekend or 100 of us criss crossing the country to meet up with one another. Pardon my rambling, but it's still about an hour to kickoff for the first championship football game of the day and I'm just sittin here musing.

B B

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »

wont quote the whole thing, but well said  spidy :2vrolijk_21:
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 22 queries.