Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Watch out for deer  (Read 9628 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Watch out for deer
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »

Hey Marc, just for the record here, so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you're well enough to start talking about it. I was a lil flipped out when I first got the call, and you couldn't talk to me yourself. Let me know what I can do to help you out man! And get your ass better soon!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »

Man what a crash. I feel your pain. I did the same thing 2 years ago in the middle of the afternoon. I was no where broken up like you are. Get well soon.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »

3 weeks ago at 4pm on a sunny day a buck jumped right infront of me. I remember nothing. cracked skull and temple, blown ear drum, and broken collar bone, and plenty of rash. Ate me up through my leathers.Had full gear on. I am always looking too, I had no reaction time I guess.Been in Yellowstone in heards of Bufflo and elk,cross country every year, and get taken out in the middle of the afternoon by 1 deer out for a stroll across rt. 29 near Phillipsburg.Just glad no-one was on the back with me. My glide is beat up , she slid a good 40 ft. down the road. Crash bars might had saved her.Waiting to see what ins. says. Be safe!..headpan
Wow, sorry about the deer accident, Headpan62.  Glad you survived, although I'm sorry for your pain now.  I hope you have a full recovery, including wanting to continue to ride.  You probably will, you've obviously got it in your blood to have the 62 Pan.  Sure you want to see it right now?  I've always regretted selling my '47 knuck.  I lost a long time riding buddy the same way you got hurt....afternoon and a deer nailed him w/o any warning right out of the woods into him.  And just a couple of days ago I was returning from a ride with a couple of buddies and a large doe jumped completely over NiteAl as he rode in front of me......he said he never saw the deer until it jumped him.  Hunting them is not the answer here as very few take any for just meat.....only looking for trophys/horns.  They're not the ones that are killing and maiming our riders.  They've relaxed the hunting here enough if enough would take them for meat it might help.  I've tried all the deer whistles and still have my doubts as to whether or not they work.  Hope you have a speedy recovery/healing process.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

Headpan62 sorry to hear about your encounter with the deer.

Time for a Custom Road Glide now?.... ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

Couple years back, a buddy let me take his bike out. Deer came at me from nowhere. Although we just missed, I can still hear her hooves clacking on the pavement trying to get by. Shook me so bad, I waited another two years to get my Springer. It's one thing I really worry about cause as you tell us it's out of nowhere.

Get better. A prayer of thanksgiving is order that it wasn't worse.

Dirkenstien

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »

Headpan,

Glad to hear you're okay. Sounds very similar to what happened to a friend of mine not too far back. I created a thread about it at the time called "Good friend goes down,...hits deer." Same thing, mid afternoon deer just jumps out of nowhere. He doesn't remember a thing and no one saw the deer until it collided with the bike.

Stay safe everyone.

cremebrulee

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »

Headpan I hope all is well. What's the word on the scoot? I think we all take a lot for granted!
 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »

Was this the deer the Chinese Restaurant in Buffalo was butchering ?

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »

Marc, I try and get some revenge this weekend...Doe season..  ;D

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »

Thanks fellas , it all sounds good!
bike est. is around 8,500....worse then I thought
She will be in sturgis this year with me.. we have many of years left!
hearing alot of the same story with them deer. something has to be done.
 :coolblue:gonna be a long recovery it looks like ,collar bone looks bad to me, well see
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »

I know of 3 riders that went down this week with deer strikes, fortunately all survived (riders)

One hurled over the bike kicked out the speedometer and cleaned the rider right off his seat[.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

cleared by nero surgen,gave me his blessing,collar bone had 3 surgens look at it, 2 want to cut me,1 wants to let it be. dont want to get cut,especially after they tell you what could happen with infection..but I did take my arm out of the sling,got on my dyna and took a 5 mile ride! my neighbors think I am nuts,, but told them its not about the ride,its about getting back on the horse after a good fall!! ...it was a good time,, happy holidays to all and thanks for the concern!!..ride safe,headpan :2vrolijk_21:
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

cleared by nero surgen,gave me his blessing,collar bone had 3 surgens look at it, 2 want to cut me,1 wants to let it be. dont want to get cut,especially after they tell you what could happen with infection..but I did take my arm out of the sling,got on my dyna and took a 5 mile ride! my neighbors think I am nuts,, but told them its not about the ride,its about getting back on the horse after a good fall!! ...it was a good time,, happy holidays to all and thanks for the concern!!..ride safe,headpan :2vrolijk_21:

So happy to hear you felt comfortable enough to get back on so quick Marc!!! Great news!!! Heal fast my brother. We'll be riding together again in no time!!! Hope your holidays help bring you the speediest of recoveries man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »

Great news Headpan!  Use caution and don't rush it......ride safe.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.