Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: RhineHart Pipes  (Read 17130 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
RhineHart Pipes
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:05:25 PM »

All,

Both sets of my Rhineharts are going back to the dealer.   Rear header pipes keep breaking and the NEW one less then 45 days old has cracked and broken off at the starter again.   Apparently the new one doesnt fix anything.    I am getting an RMA with the place I bought them to get credit towards new pipes.  Rhinehart/ BuB have a new rear cylinder pipe in the works that wont attach to the starter, but as I told them to many hassles to want to stay a customer even though Karen in the warranty dept has been just super to deal with.   I am over it and moving on.

Still considering VanceHines True Dual or the Thunder Headers with Heat Shields and fake 2nd pipe for the look.

All comments / opinions / Suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 06:07:08 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: RhineHart Pipes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:40:25 PM »

There are advocates for several different systems on this site - Freedom Pipes, Rineharts, V&H / SE Pro Pipes, Thunderheaders, D&D FatCats, etc.  Try the search feature, you will get a ton of opinions.

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:50:42 PM »

Not looking for the single pipe exhaust look only the dual look in comparing ThunderHeader with Fake vs True Dual.   I had the single pipe look with the white bros E series on my ultra and really prefer the dual look.

I have heard the Thunderheader dies on the top end and others say its better than the VH True dual.   Those are the specific opinions I am after have read the other reviews.

Thanks
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 04:01:30 PM »

All,

My Rhineharts are going back to the dealer.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »

Hubbard oh Hubbard,

Yes I am sorry these were installed correctly and I love the way they sound.   Both sets were originally installed for me at the shop where I purchased them and well I have had to change out some pipes here and there and even had a shop do it one other time when I was having some other work done.

I will post some pictures for you and yes the washers were used correctly, no its not touching the primary its just a weak weld which is why they are going away from this implementation they know its an issue with the number of breaks they are having only I am not willing to keep replacing the rear cylinder exhaust pipe.

This last one was the supposed fix these issues with the 2 degree change in it.   The one before this was claimed to be from a bad welding machine .. I had a 1 in 3 shot of getting that pipe.   I will say their customer service is 2nd to none, but I would rather not worry bout it breaking again or waiting for fix_03 that doesnt connect to the starter or wasting any more of my time fixing it over and over.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 05:14:14 PM by Unbalanced »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Unbalanced,
 OK, Bro! It appears you did everything right.  Still puzzles me though.  I wish you the best with whatever exhaust you choose.  That's why we have different products.  Competiton makes the world go round, right?  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 05:51:37 PM »

Clearance on the Inner Primary.

Its my finger stuck between the pipe and the inner primary.   I know it looks small but I wear a mens size 15 ring.   Plenty of space

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 05:54:10 PM »

A better picture of the pipe without the bracket.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 06:12:22 PM »

The missing Gem.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 06:59:15 PM »

Would the Freedom Pipes work better? I don't seem to recall many issue's being posted on this board by their user's....... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 07:56:20 PM »

D&D Fat Cats also has the performance of the 2 into 1 exhaust with a dummy left side for the dual look.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 09:42:19 PM »

Have used 11 sets of Rinehart's over the past few years with 0 problems.  Have installed all of them myself the correct way.....not saying the installation on these failures was incorrect, but sure makes one wonder.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 09:50:20 PM »

Would the Freedom Pipes work better? I don't seem to recall many issue's being posted on this board by their user's....... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

5500 miles on the Freedom equiped SEEG
NO PROBLEMS
Rineharts and Freedom pipes made by the same pipe builder.

BLM777 has made a good point!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 10:49:02 PM »

Hubbard,

I wouldnt be looking for other pipes if these weren't so problematic for me.   I know your not having issues with yours since the repair, but your right competition does allow us choices and I wouldnt be having to make an alternative or 2nd choice if I weren't having issues.

My wanting other pipes has nothing to do with sound or look cause those I am happy with actually its why getting rid of them is tough to do, but reliablity and longevity is something I am not seeing from them and when I pay a good sum of money and have nothing but continual issues it becomes time to move on.  

JCZ Thanks for the heads up I did not know D&D had a fake pipe I hadn't been considering it, but I will tomorrow when I get some free time to get a better look at them and do some research on output.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 10:52:51 PM by Unbalanced »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 01:25:31 AM »

Hubbard,

I wouldnt be looking for other pipes if these weren't so problematic for me.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.