Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: RhineHart Pipes  (Read 16722 times)

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
Re: RhineHart Pipes
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 08:21:10 AM »

I have 12000 on my SEEG with Rhineharts that I took off my 03 SERK and it had 10000 on it and have not had a problem DelNel [smiley=bigok.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 10:59:16 AM »

Thanks for the link to the article(s)

I would love to see a more direct comparison of the pipes ie

D&D FAT Cats vs Bassani vs. White Brothers E series vs. Thunderheader vs Pro Pipe

Rhineharts vs. True Dual vs Hooker vs Kerker duals vs Bassani duals

Keep them in class and then let all the numbers be for the same bikes and then allow us to compare them ourselves.   Don't think that will ever happen, but that would be the ideal way to see these tests in a heads up fair competition.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 11:18:34 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Unbalanced,
 You stated you really liked the appearance and sound of your Rineharts.  As Gerald Rinehart is a personal friend of mine, I would opt to call him, on your behalf, if you so desire.  Something is not right with this picture.  I am confident Gerald will resolve this situation for you.  You have already gone through R&R 5 or 6 times.  What's one more change out, if this one works?  What have you got to lose?  Your call.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »

my rineharts broke right above the starter also - big gaping hole you could shove a 1/2 dollar piece thru - the dealership 2 weeks ago started process to replace the pipe - as of yesterday BUBs is telling them it will be 2 to 3 more weeks before I expect to see a replacement pipe. This SUCKS.
ordered in at the same time a Boarzilla (rated for 120 hp on up only) and this is a pipe not for the mild mannered - but this pipe works. Rineharts were a good sounding pipe - but if you never noticed the gapping hole and crack - you would have a major problem in an incubation stage.
just my opinion - if you make that call to them - tell them 2 to 3 weeks is BS and they are majorly screwing up a re-sale to another owner by their replacement proceedures - tell em its an order placed by Gary at Granite Mountain Harley Davidson their number is 770-785-3999 - or he can just give me full credit back and I will send em the rest of the system in the original container and original packing material.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 01:32:52 PM »

Hubbard,

Shovel is correct they have no replacements to send out if they wanted to even if I wanted to give that a try again.   They know the new pipe is not fixing the probelm and that is why  they have a pipe that is going to be mounting to the primary in a different spot from HD to get away from the patent and that is not set to go off till next week.   I am not sure what Gerald can do for me as the quandry doesnt leave a lot of options at this time, but I have not done the R&R it is setup to be done tomorrow in Daytona Beach at Millers Custom Parts.

I told the lady in the R&R portion that I would be happy to beta test the new ones since I have had some many issues, she took my name / number and said she would let me know.   It never hurts to see what Gerald will do please let me know what he says / thinks.   I will PM you my cell number.

Thanks in advance,
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 01:42:13 PM »

Damn that's a shame.

Otis introduced me to Gerald this weekend at Bristol.

Seemed like a good guy.

Wish that Tater (Hubbard) could have talked to him about that on Sunday!

Give Hubbard a chance to call Gerald, TATER DELIVERS!

[smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »

I ordered my D&D Fat Cats today.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 03:36:20 PM by Unbalanced »

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 03:39:36 PM »

Has anyone gone the D&D Fatcat route on there 103 that is still totally stock other than the SERT and SE Air Cleaner???    I'd love to here your thoughts on this system.

I read that article on the Bub, D&D, and Rage System but that motor was not a stock 103. There were cam changes etc....

Unbalanced, Please keep us updated on the results you get out of the D&Ds, I think this may be the exhaust system i go with also....  Thanks  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 03:50:19 PM »

HDJAMS,

I will be able to tell you what a stock bike runs like w/ (SE A/C / RT / Pipes)  The only thing is that I ordered the larger baffle per their suggestion at D&D.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 06:20:33 PM »

Has anyone gone the D&D Fatcat route on there 103 that is still totally stock other than the SERT and SE Air Cleaner???
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 08:25:11 PM »

Thanks JCZ...... I did see that post, but it says a "Zippers Performance Package" was used. so that's not the same as i have or will be using.

All i want is the Exhaust system in this case i'm refering to the D&D FatCat, a Screaming Eagle performance air filter kit, and the SE Race Tuner. Also as "Unbalanced" stated, im also going with the performance baffles as recommeded by the D&D Tech person.
That's it.... no other mods to the motor.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 10:42:32 AM »

Thanks JCZ...... I did see that post, but it says a "Zippers Performance Package" was used. so that's not the same as i have or will be using.

All i want is the Exhaust system in this case i'm refering to the D&D FatCat, a Screaming Eagle performance air filter kit, and the SE Race Tuner. Also as "Unbalanced" stated, im also going with the performance baffles as recommeded by the D&D Tech person.
*****That's it.... no other mods to the motor.*********

Wonder how long that's going to last?

[smiley=cherry.gif]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:45:34 AM by hd2003-se2005 »

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 11:34:46 AM »

*****That's it.... no other mods to the motor.*********

Question: Wonder how long that's going to last?

[smiley=cherry.gif][/quote]

Answer: Until he either runs up against a "Hillbilly Rocket Rider" or takes a venture to some place like "Maggie Valley". [smiley=laugh.gif]

[smiley=banana.gif]

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 10:49:53 PM »

You need to try the Samson Calibers  

Its a 4 stage pipe and really adds the horspower.

I would never go back to rhinehart.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 11:01:37 PM »

How much were the sampsons?  Any dyno facts to back up what you feel in the seat of your pants?
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.