Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: santa cruz harley CLOSE DOORS  (Read 30197 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
santa cruz harley CLOSE DOORS
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:42:15 AM »

Just got an E-mail(news letter) from to owner of Santa cruz hd    ...Received 10pm  ODD TIME?    He states that bad financial times and dept forced him to shut down, he also bashes the motor company in a 2 sentence rant that i didn,t quite understand..I forwarded the e-mail to 3 mods Jin,Ernie and JC maybe they can print e-mail and put on this thread..I don,t know how to do it.. my computer skills are a little sub-par but i get by..  I just puchased my 09 roadglide from them and they owe me some warrenty work  $hit   --AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: santa cruz harley CLOSE DOORS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:57 AM »

This closure  is probably going to be the start of more to come. You can go into dealers right now at high traffic times and no one is in the stores . Tell tale sign is a service department that is consistantly not full of bikes.  THE MUFFMAN

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:15:41 AM »

This closure  is probably going to be the start of more to come. You can go into dealers right now at high traffic times and no one is in the stores . Tell tale sign is a service department that is consistantly not full of bikes.  THE MUFFMAN

Often times that's merely a reflection of the attitudes of the ownership and management that finally caught up, when people in business strive to do the next right thing, treat others with courtesy & respect their business flourishes. In my business, like all of yours, the money comes for your  existing  customers& referrals. When attitudes run those off, doors close...people go else where, most folks aren't out of money, they are tired of not being appreciated for their business..and they go where they are...>> Thanks Greg       
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:02:23 AM »

Often times that's merely a reflection of the attitudes of the ownership and management that finally caught up, when people in business strive to do the next right thing, treat others with courtesy & respect their business flourishes. In my business, like all of yours, the money comes for your  existing  customers& referrals. When attitudes run those off, doors close...people go else where, most folks aren't out of money, they are tired of not being appreciated for their business..and they go where they are...>> Thanks Greg       

Well said. My comments are part and parcel as to what can happen when they don't follow your comments. I have been in the construction related business for 29 years & have probably seen well over a hundred companies like mine come & go during that time frame.  THE MUFFMAN

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:41:33 AM »

Just got an E-mail(news letter) from to owner of Santa cruz hd    ...Received 10pm  ODD TIME?    He states that bad financial times and dept forced him to shut down, he also bashes the motor company in a 2 sentence rant that i didn,t quite understand..I forwarded the e-mail to 3 mods Jin,Ernie and JC maybe they can print e-mail and put on this thread..I don,t know how to do it.. my computer skills are a little sub-par but i get by..  I just puchased my 09 roadglide from them and they owe me some warrenty work  $hit   --AK

Lets see that email!

::)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »

Well stated Greg.  It's all about the business practices that you mention as to how well some dealerships survive the financial downturn.  I'm personally knowledgeable of 2 dealerships whose numbers are currently exceeding those of previous years.  Also a great time for a HD dealership purchase ........  :2vrolijk_21:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »

Andy are they closing both dealerships Santa Cruz and Watsonville. If anything I thought it would be the one in Watsonville.
 Everytime we have been in S.C. H.D. they were busy.  :nixweiss:
Sounds like bad management.
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

Andy are they closing both dealerships Santa Cruz and Watsonville. If anything I thought it would be the one in Watsonville.
 Everytime we have been in S.C. H.D. they were busy.  :nixweiss:
Sounds like bad management.
    Yes both stores Greenvalley and Soqel  I think your right... You,ve got to be ready for the downturns and control your overhead... I,ve been thru 5 downturns the 1st one hurt the next 4 I saw as vacation opertunites   --- AK

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »

Andy,
Why would you even worry about warrenty work? Who owns a Harley and has any work done on them. :huepfenlol2: That will teach you to make them stick to MSRP on that bike. :huepfenlol2:

Don...............

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »

Andy, was it work outside of warranty arranged separately with them as part of the purchase?  Or actual warranty work that'll just be more hassle now because you've got to take it farther away?

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »

Andy, was it work outside of warranty arranged separately with them as part of the purchase?  Or actual warranty work that'll just be more hassle now because you've got to take it farther away?
  Don-There is a small paint blemish on the outer fareing and Bag extention... Santa cruz took photos and ordered from the motor company..I thing this dealer Burned his bridges with the HD..Two weeks ago they have a 50% off sale  for 4 hours on a saturday I was going to go but went to Fred &Gina,s Wedding instead--AK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »

Don-There is a small paint blemish on the outer fareing and Bag extention... Santa cruz took photos and ordered from the motor company..I thing this dealer Burned his bridges with the HD..Two weeks ago they have a 50% off sale  for 4 hours on a saturday I was going to go but went to Fred &Gina,s Wedding instead--AK

Sorry to read all this Andy.  Hopefully the parts order and blemish history already exist in HD's parts system somewhere and another dealer can pick up the ball.  Certainly feels like something that will be a lot more drama and effort than it should have been though.  Good luck with it.  Hope it's easy as it should be.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »

I'd love to read the email as well.
AJ

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 11:29:15 AM »

I'd love to read the email as well.
AJ

Well JC is on the site and maybe he can post it!

JC?  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Streak

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »

Here is the link to the E-mail that was sent.

http://santacruzharley.com/blog/2008/11/12/thank-you/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.