Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Close Up Photos of Things

<< < (2/4) > >>

Road_Glider:
On the question about the tank emblem, it is an emblem not paint.

Scrrem:
Can't quite figure out the leather dash pad.  Not fuctional, I guess someone decided they needed some leather at the front of the bike too.

ak:

--- Quote ---Can't quite figure out the leather dash pad.
--- End quote ---

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---One good thing the leather trunk,dash will hold up better than paint and easyer to keep up. that a plus for me i,ve got a charcoal ordered if i can get it at msrp or less -AK
--- End quote ---

Not 100% sure on the "hold up better" part AK.  I've done the leather pak on the Road King Classic and collected several years and miles on them.  They tend to get scuffed.  Can collect water stains in heavy rains that can be difficult to ever completely eliminate.  And they do have to be treated to keep from drying out.  They wear ok, but I really think from what my experience has been it takes a bit more maintenance to keep them looking good than it does a painted surface.  And while you might buff out a surface nick that's only in the clear coat, if the leather is nicked it's just nicked.

ak:
  For me Battle scares long term look better on leather than paint .Well worn leather that been taken care of(oiled)  adds  character more so than chiped, faded ,scracher up paint -AK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version