Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Reverse Gear  (Read 15584 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Reverse Gear
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 09:19:05 AM »

Rare form this morning Jerry.  Made me laugh with the 'tap dancing' and racing in reverse.  :D  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »

Linny, not trying to be picky but I think that came out wrong again.  The DD7 will only work with the '07 and later ('06 Dyna) six speed, aka Cruise Drive.  It isn't designed to fit the old style 5 speed box or the SE overdrive 6 speed used on previous model years.  Now that there are two versions of 6 speeds, it's easier to differentiate by calling the latest one the Cruise Drive.

I'm still waiting for someone to come out with either a two speed rear axle so we can have 12 or 14 speeds, or maybe a CVT so we can have an infinite number of ratio's.  Anyone other than me feel that this number of gears thing is getting a little out of hand?  Lots of gears are good with a peaky engine that only has a narrow power band, but would seem to be major overkill on a 100 inch plus V-twin.  I personally would just rather see the existing ratio's optimized for real world performance.  If I wanted to exercise my foot that much I'd take up tap dancing.

BTW, I understand AHDRA is planning a new racing category for next season, the 1/8th mile reverse class initially just for baggers.  I heard that Don and Candy will be invited to participate in the inaugural race.

Jerry

:ROFLOL:

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 09:33:06 AM »

Or maybe top fuel reverse for baggers?

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »

Funny Baggers in reverse?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »

Your team could be BassAckwards Racing.  ::) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »

Your team could be BassAckwards Racing.  ::) har!  spyder

Y'all guys are on a roll!

BassAckwards Racing could be sponsored by moc.yelrahOVC.

Just sayin........

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »

Y'all guys are on a roll!

BassAckwards Racing could be sponsored by moc.yelrahOVC.

Just sayin........

:2vrolijk_21:

:ROFLOL:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

Linny, not trying to be picky but I think that came out wrong again.  The DD7 will only work with the '07 and later ('06 Dyna) six speed, aka Cruise Drive.  It isn't designed to fit the old style 5 speed box or the SE overdrive 6 speed used on previous model years.  Now that there are two versions of 6 speeds, it's easier to differentiate by calling the latest one the Cruise Drive.

I'm still waiting for someone to come out with either a two speed rear axle so we can have 12 or 14 speeds, or maybe a CVT so we can have an infinite number of ratio's.  Anyone other than me feel that this number of gears thing is getting a little out of hand?  Lots of gears are good with a peaky engine that only has a narrow power band, but would seem to be major overkill on a 100 inch plus V-twin.  I personally would just rather see the existing ratio's optimized for real world performance.  If I wanted to exercise my foot that much I'd take up tap dancing.

BTW, I understand AHDRA is planning a new racing category for next season, the 1/8th mile reverse class initially just for baggers.  I heard that Don and Candy will be invited to participate in the inaugural race.

Jerry

That's some funny chit right there, Jerry....got the visual.

Agree about the gears though...how many are enough?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 06:08:12 AM »

All good information, even though not available for the bike I ride now.  So for me, it sounds like there will be some people who will get to work out the bugs and the reverse gear that is a true gear and can not accidentally be engaged at same time as a forward gear will be available some time for my old bike.  Or by that time, maybe I will be on a red bike #2.  Thanks all, love the comments that make me smile while I learn.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.