Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 Touring mufflers  (Read 2491 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
06 Touring mufflers
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:34:21 PM »

I like the look of the new 4" touring mufflers, but I'm sure I won't like the sound. The older SE mufflers were made by Kerker and you could change the baffles without buying new muffs. Anybody know if Kerker is making the new 4" muff ?
Thanks  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re:  06 Touring mufflers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:37:43 PM »

FYI:   I emailed Supertrapp/Kerker and recieved a reply that there is NO replacement baffle for the new 4" touring muffler.  He didn't say why, but we can probably thank the EPA.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 05:14:18 PM »

I like the look of the new 4" touring mufflers, but I'm sure I won't like the sound. The older SE mufflers were made by Kerker and you could change the baffles without buying new muffs. Anybody know if Kerker is making the new 4" muff ?
Thanks

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:29:53 PM »

I've heard, but not confirmed, the the cat is in the right muffler only on all 06 touring models. It's too bad they can't be modifyed, cause they're pretty good looking mufflers.  I do suppose that if a person was willing, you could cut the welds and modify the baffles, although on the older ones, it didn't improve sound or performance.

Ramblin Man

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:14:06 PM »

I'm still waiting for my Autumn Haze bike to come in sometime in December.  I haven't heard the pipes on the new '06 SE Ultra Classics yet, but a friend of mine said they sounded a little strange.  Is he just yankin' my chain?  I'm sure stock pipes are going to be fairly quiet, but "strange"?  I was thinking of switching to some Reinhart true duals.  What are you guys running?  Stock pipes? [smiley=beerchug.gif]  
2006 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
2005 Softail Deluxe (sold 10/15/05)
2003 Dyna Wide Glide (still ridin' it)
1998 Sportster (sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

I'm still waiting for my Autumn Haze bike to come in sometime in December.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 12:15:01 PM »

I'm still waiting for my Autumn Haze bike to come in sometime in December.

h2o-man

• Ride it like ya stole it!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 02:08:55 PM »

I wish there was somthing that could be done to them too. They look pretty good on the bike. I like the end caps. Mine are sitting on the shelf in case the fed's decide I need them to pass inspection. I put on a set of SE Slip-on I had access to. Made a significant difference in performance and sound. Sounds like  a motorcycle now. I put a power commander on and found a map for an 05 SEEG with Vance and Hines slip=ons and Arlen Ness air filter. Seems to be pretty good. Gonna fine tune it next week. Two things fure sure, it runs cooler and sucks fuel.... Only getting 31 MPG..... The worst part of mileage is the guage. It reads full till 80-90, then drops like a freakin rock. The positive is I have to stop after 125 or so miles when the light comes on.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 03:03:50 PM »

31mpg????  How fast or what type riding is that?  I think most get high 30's to mid-40's on highway unless running above 75mph.  I've been told that high performance/pumped-up motors get great mileage if tuned correctly.    [smiley=blank.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 05:30:54 AM »

I heard the 06 sounds like a singer sewing machine with the stock pipes! [smiley=nervous.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »

Mine look and sound great in the box in my garage as I have replaced them and I am still grinning from ear to ear. Now my 06 FLHTCUSE sounds and runs like it should have.

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 10:35:49 PM »

Prior to delivery I had my dealer put the same 103 motor as in the '06 SEULTRA in my '06 RG and added a stage 1 and changed the stock mufflers out  for recored mufflers from fullsac (www.fullsac.com).  Have been pleased with the sound they put out.  Nice tone but not too loud when cruising.  They recore stock take off HD mufflers from pre '06 touring bikes and put in a nice 2" baffle.  Reason they don't recore the '06 ones is that apparently it is a real pita to get the cats out of the right side muffler.  True they do not have the catalytic converter in the right muffler like the stockers so just incase I need those in the future for resale or anyother reason I kept the stock mufflers off of my '06 and put them in a box in the garage as a "just in case" deal.  Maybe this is an option for you so I pass it on to you.  I also added the SERT to the bike so it could be tuned for the stage 1 intake and freer flowing exhaust.  Still doing break in so not been on a dyno yet to fully maximize the tune.  
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 11:45:25 PM »

On putting the SE 103 in 06 RG, how did you do the paperwork for DMV?

I had thought about buying a 06 Street Glide and putting a SE 103 in the bike but I was worried about having two different serial numbers, as I attend lots of bike functions where Law Enforcement seem to check serial numbers of frame, engine, tranny and etc.

Sorry for thread drift....

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 08:18:19 AM »

On putting the SE 103 in 06 RG, how did you do the paperwork for DMV?

I had thought about buying a 06 Street Glide and putting a SE 103 in the bike but I was worried about having two different serial numbers, as I attend lots of bike functions where Law Enforcement seem to check serial numbers of frame, engine, tranny and etc.

Sorry for thread drift....

My state, TEXAS titles on the vin on the frame.  I also got a bill of sale on the motor instal to keep on the bike if anyone asks any questions at a rally or anywhere else to show proof of purchase.  No big deal really to keep that and the registration and proof of insurance all together on the bike.  Thread drift, off.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.