Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Just ordered my set of Gerbing clothing!  (Read 9175 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Just ordered my set of Gerbing clothing!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »

Well, I put them on today for the first time. A little tight and lots o plugs. If anyone orders from Gerbing,I recomend that you go a size larger than what there chart says. I also tried some G 3s on at a Honda dealer this past week. They also run a size smaller than what the size chart recomends. I had to buy a set of (Classics) gloves. The Classics have much more insulation around the digits. Kinda like robot hands but they kept me warm. I will purchase a set of triple xl G 3s. I ordered a set of them in 2xl ( according to size chart ). But when I tried them on at the Honda dealer, the 2xl G 3s were a little tight. So when I call Gerbing I'll change my G 3 order to triple xl.
    The socks worked just fine. The pant liner also was a little tight around the butt area. Not that my ass is oversized but all the wiring runs right thru that spot. The legs felt like there was just one element down inside the interior part of the leg. I wore leather pants over them.
    The jacket liner worked just fine. The thermostat worked really great. Everytime I stopped at a light I felt it cool a little. But as soon as I accelerated I could feel the elements cranking up.
     It was a cool day today, around 48 deg for the high. Partly sunny. I don't know what the wind chill would be but it was'nt too bad. A good day to test out the new threads...........................I just let the thermostat lay on the seat between my legs. I'll figure out a more permanant solution for the thermostat after I ride a few more times. :2vrolijk_21:   
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »

You probably already know this but you definitely need a dual controller. I originally used a single and I only had 2 choices, cook myself and have warn fingers or have comfortable heat from the liners and freeze my fingers off. I finally got a dual and I'm a happy camper now. :2vrolijk_21:

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

Got the dual controller, it works really well. :2vrolijk_21:

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »

I have been very happy with my heated gear, HD liner and G3 Gerbing gloves, as soemone else mentioned it is a little awkward trying to adjust the thermostat with the gloves on

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:17 AM »

Muffman you are a genious, that is a very slick application, was it a hassle to to the install?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 01:41:29 AM »

I really wished I'd had gloves today. I had thick Gortex HD gloves on but my pinkies were cold.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »

Well, I put them on today for the first time. A little tight and lots o plugs. If anyone orders from Gerbing,I recomend that you go a size larger than what there chart says. I also tried some G 3s on at a Honda dealer this past week. They also run a size smaller than what the size chart recomends. I had to buy a set of (Classics) gloves. The Classics have much more insulation around the digits. Kinda like robot hands but they kept me warm. I will purchase a set of triple xl G 3s. I ordered a set of them in 2xl ( according to size chart ). But when I tried them on at the Honda dealer, the 2xl G 3s were a little tight. So when I call Gerbing I'll change my G 3 order to triple xl.
thermostat after I ride a few more times. :2vrolijk_21:   

Ok guys.  You got me totaly confused (confuser).  I thought someone on another thread said the Gerbing's are too large for the chart and now you say they are too small for the size.  The chart says I need "Large",  I tried a pair of H-D in large and they were too big, now I ordered Gerbing's "M" ant it sounds like they'll be too small.
I need a drink.  And it's not even 9am yet.

:nervous:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 11:59:41 AM »

Ok guys.  You got me totaly confused (confuser).  I thought someone on another thread said the Gerbing's are too large for the chart and now you say they are too small for the size.  The chart says I need "Large",  I tried a pair of H-D in large and they were too big, now I ordered Gerbing's "M" ant it sounds like they'll be too small.
I need a drink.  And it's not even 9am yet.

:nervous:

The factory rep......Tina told me that the G3's run a little small and might behoove me to order the next size up. I went to a Honda dealer and actually tried a set of G3's on, in the size that I measured by thier sizing chart. I was sized for 2xl, they were way to tight. So I ordered the 3xl's.   

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »

The G3's run small, I had to go to a large and I normally need a M in most gloves.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

Well, called the sales guy to change my order and he said it's been shipped already.  I guess I have to return them and wait for the right size.
More waiting and it's already in mid 20s.
 :( :o >:(
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 10:52:54 PM »

Well, called the sales guy to change my order and he said it's been shipped already.  I guess I have to return them and wait for the right size.
More waiting and it's already in mid 20s.
 :( :o >:(

Where can you go to try on and purchase the Gerbing's other then Harley stores. We visited Rocklin Harley, Sacramento Harley and Guiderra's last weekend and neither have the clothing in stock or carry. I think we have a Cycle Works somewhere in Sacramento but not sure if they carry the Gerbing clothing. I think i want to try this stuff on before i buy.   :nixweiss:

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 07:32:13 AM »

Alot of BMW motorcycle shops carry them, and Honda dealers....................Just go to the Gerbing web site and look up the dealers. It will show all the states.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »

Very nice

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

Rode to work today, 24 deg f. Sailing along around 80 mph.......................Warm as toast....................Not that I'm into riding in the cold, but I'm participating in a Philadelphia police funeral today at noon. The Philadelphia police commisioner asked the dealers to get the word out. They would like to get at least 1000 bikes to line a section of road leading to the cemetary. 

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »

Nice of you to honor the police that way!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.