Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: XM Woes and Fix  (Read 3194 times)

REGGAB

Re: XM Woes and Fix
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:15:12 PM »

On occasion my XM will cut out, but it doesn't happen that often.  Probably doesn't bother me because I don't use it alot.  Most of the time the radio is in "AUX" mode for the Zumo, and I'm listening to what happens to be on the MP3.......or it's off.

Once XM adds Sirius Channel 14, I'm certain it'll get more use............and I'll likely notice that which is being discussed here.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »

I was having issues with the XM cuttin in and out and the reception bar going from 1 to 3 to 0 to 3 etc

Took the bike into the dealer for this issue as I had heard there were a few issues with the 09 radios.

They took the bike for a ride and verified what I was telling them.  They then called Tech Services and they were told the new pretty Chrome window strip on our 09 Ultra's is getting in the way of the signal.    :confused5:

I asked them if we can move the XM antenna down on top of the XM box on top of the radio as that is not in the way and we did (remember to remove the magnets from the bottom of the antenna and leave them on the original mount)

Have about a 100 miles since the simple fix and no more issues.

If you remove the chrome strip the problem also goes away.   Would have thought the MoCo would have field tested something like this.

Side note: paid the 4 dollars a month to get the reprogramming on the bike to now pick up the Sirius Football and Nascar Channels they internally programmed at XM   :)  so my channels 118,119,120 - 124 are now the games.

I'm not going to say the MoCo is full of BS on that issue, but they're full of BS.  The chrome strip has nothing to do with it.  I've had the windshield strip on my 07 SEUC and have no problems with reception, other then when I get under heavy foliage or go under bridges.  The key is location.  The antenna put on top of the radio in the fairing is not the optimal spot for it.  You will get blockage of the antenna depending on what direction you are driving and the antenna gets blocked from the satellite.   The actual optimal position would either be on the dash pad or the top of the tour pack.  Either place will give you better reception.  But the chrome windshield strip causing the issue...BS.  JMO.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

On occasion my XM will cut out, but it doesn't happen that often.  Probably doesn't bother me because I don't use it alot.  Most of the time the radio is in "AUX" mode for the Zumo, and I'm listening to what happens to be on the MP3.......or it's off.

Once XM adds Sirius Channel 14, I'm certain it'll get more use............and I'll likely notice that which is being discussed here.

Henry, go to the XM website and look at the new channel alignment.  They have taken some of the Sirius stations, besides the one they charge $4 /mo extra for, to the basic XM lineup and vice versa.  You can go to their website and see what the new channel lineup looks like.  I think Classic Vinyl was one of the ones brought over to XM, but I'm not positive.   I like channel 49 "Top Tracks".

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 07:00:27 AM »

Henry, go to the XM website and look at the new channel alignment.  They have taken some of the Sirius stations, besides the one they charge $4 /mo extra for, to the basic XM lineup and vice versa.  You can go to their website and see what the new channel lineup looks like.  I think Classic Vinyl was one of the ones brought over to XM, but I'm not positive.   I like channel 49 "Top Tracks".

OK, this is pretty friggin' cool!  I thought they had blended based on messages on my Sirius rigs.  Sirius Channel 14 is also XM Channel 46.  Too Kewl!  Got everything I need now, without paying an extra $4.  Thanks for the "heads-up" Charlie."  Can't find this out on the bike.........well, you know!   :huepfenlol2:  It's gonna be like Christmas when she comes home.  New motor, new transmission, more effective primary gearing, new clutch, new starter, tightened up backside, and Sirius Channel 14.  Couldn't ask for much better.......and it might be Christmas.......literally.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Wonder should I go ahead and put a chain secondary on her now?   :huepfenjump3:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 08:34:51 AM »

Or my favorite new station 57 Grateful Dead all the time. :2vrolijk_21:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »

Or my favorite new station 57 Grateful Dead all the time. :2vrolijk_21:

That would be a refreshing departure from the norm..........Yes?   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.