Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?  (Read 25908 times)

elvislee

Re: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »

Hi All

Yea I'm still here..

After seeing this topic sit for a couple of days is it possible that I am the only one on this site with a Stone Cold Blue 2??? It would be nice if there is anyone else out there that they would reply and maybe post a picture. It is always nice to see and hear what someone else has done to their bike and be able to see how it looks.  I can't say much though I am more of a lurker myself. I would probably post more but I don't have the knowledge that you all have,although I am learning a great deal from all of you. THANK YOU!!!

This is my first bike and have owned it for 2 years now. Bought the bike in Colorado with 7000 miles and all original. Have installed Hooker staggered pipes,carb kit and of air cleaner. Hope to maybe do some motor work maybe next winter (head work,cam,ignition)

Happy Thanksgiving
Pete
(Stone Cold)

Hey Pete...Welcome abord with that Hot Blue 2....NIIIIIIICE!...Don't be a stranger....Semper Fi Sean!  (Florida Marine)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:25:39 PM by elvislee »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »

Tim

I am curious which city the bike was purchased from.....there simply aren't that many FXR2's, FXR3's, or FXR4's in the State of Colorado......so of course curious minds wonder?   By the way you aren't in Colorado now are you? (curious about this too, lol)

I found the bike looking at used bikes on H-D website and bought it from High Country H-D in Frederick Colorado. No I don't live there I am in Pa.

Have you toured with your bike yet?  Have you thought about touring with it?  Why did you purchase the bike in the first place? How many miles are now on your bike? 

I hate to say it but I have only put about 1200 miles on it the last 2 summers, spent most of this summer working on my house. I have back problems and long rides are probably not an option for me but this coming summer I hope to spend more time on it and see how I feel. 
[/color]

I have to say I never had the desire to have a bike until about 4 years ago. Seeing more and more harleys on the road and people I know having them it is safe to say that bug bit me. My buddy has the arresting red 2 and have always loved the looks of it. Harley is the only bike I wanted....  Started looking around at used ones but the prices I thought were kinda high so i thought maybe I would get a new softail standard and then I would have a new bike, (with warranty), and start with a clean slate to modify to my own liking. Searching the H-D website I came across this bike, called about it and made them an offer ($10,000.00) that they probably would not have accepted but since their sales person didn't call me back I had to make another call to them and lucky for me one of the owners answered the phone this time. She was not very happy that no one returned my call and they accepted my offer. Pretty good deal I thought????

Here it is on showroom floor.

Pete

RedFXR2

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »

My buddy has the arresting red 2 and have always loved the looks of it.

Pete:  Your buddy with the red '2 wouldn't be omgtkk from Collegeville, PA would it?  If not, be sure to let him know about this website.  The more the merrier.  And thanks for the sotry of your purchase.

[edit to add]

Nope, probably not I guess.  Just did a Mapquest and you guys are halfway across the state from each other.  Still, tell your buddy about this site.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:39:30 AM by RedFXR2 »

elvislee

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »

Tim

I am curious which city the bike was purchased from.....there simply aren't that many FXR2's, FXR3's, or FXR4's in the State of Colorado......so of course curious minds wonder?   By the way you aren't in Colorado now are you? (curious about this too, lol)

I found the bike looking at used bikes on H-D website and bought it from High Country H-D in Frederick Colorado. No I don't live there I am in Pa.

Have you toured with your bike yet?  Have you thought about touring with it?  Why did you purchase the bike in the first place? How many miles are now on your bike? 

I hate to say it but I have only put about 1200 miles on it the last 2 summers, spent most of this summer working on my house. I have back problems and long rides are probably not an option for me but this coming summer I hope to spend more time on it and see how I feel. 
[/color]

I have to say I never had the desire to have a bike until about 4 years ago. Seeing more and more harleys on the road and people I know having them it is safe to say that bug bit me. My buddy has the arresting red 2 and have always loved the looks of it. Harley is the only bike I wanted....  Started looking around at used ones but the prices I thought were kinda high so i thought maybe I would get a new softail standard and then I would have a new bike, (with warranty), and start with a clean slate to modify to my own liking. Searching the H-D website I came across this bike, called about it and made them an offer ($10,000.00) that they probably would not have accepted but since their sales person didn't call me back I had to make another call to them and lucky for me one of the owners answered the phone this time. She was not very happy that no one returned my call and they accepted my offer. Pretty good deal I thought????

Here it is on showroom floor.

Pete

Tim, please pardon me for jumping the line on your conversation.

Pete...again you have a beautiful bike there. I just wanted to quickly say I think ya got a STEAL at 10k from the dealer at 2 years ago. I paid 12k for my Fxr4 2 years ago; so, I'd say ya did really good  :2vrolijk_21:

I was also wondering since you have a bad back if you have shopped around for a different seat. I have total hip replacements for each of my hips and I haven't been on more than 150 mile ride on mine either. I have been looking at the La Pera and the Mustang Pillow Cushion seats as a possible buy for any future longer rides but still looking for input from others as a way to soften the load on the back and hips. Anyway, my apologizes for buttin in on your conversation and glad to see ya here more often  :2vrolijk_21:....Blaine...........Semper Fi Sean!  (Florida Marine)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:49:25 AM by elvislee »

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:51:32 AM »

There's something kind of cool about seeing a FXR2 on a HD showroom floor.

I really wish I had taken a pic of mine on the floor of the indy shop where I got it.

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »

Hi All

Hoist asked Wonder why we can't find more BLUE2's? Does make ya wonder why there aren't more on here :nixweiss: The purple color of these bikes may not be all the appealing to a lot of people so is it possible that they have been repainted or had new tins installed then they get sold and people may have no idea what they really have??? I like how the color changes with different lighting and the fact that I can go just about anywhere knowing it is the only one like it. Would be nice to see some other ones though and see how they look with different mods.

Pete

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »

There's something kind of cool about seeing a FXR2 on a HD showroom floor.

I really wish I had taken a pic of mine on the floor of the indy shop where I got it.

It would way cooler if it were in my garage!

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

Blaine

Thanks again... No need to apologize

Yea that stock seat just doesn't cut it for comfort. I have been looking and reading just like you but I'm afraid of spending all that money and end up with something I hate..lol  If I find anything I will be sure to let you know and if you would do the same it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

RedFXR2

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »

The purple color of these bikes may not be all the appealing to a lot of people so is it possible that they have been repainted or had new tins installed then they get sold and people may have no idea what they really have??? I like how the color changes with different lighting and the fact that I can go just about anywhere knowing it is the only one like it. Would be nice to see some other ones though and see how they look with different mods.

Yep.  Even though I have never gotten more than a passing glimpse of a blu '2, I would guess that the paint used to formulate "Stone Cold Blue" contains many color elements that change in the sun like "Arresting Red".  I'd like to get a good look at one, myself.  As for modifications, I know some CVO FXR's were repainted out of choice and thusly are no longer recognizeable as a CVO bike.  Up to the owner I suppose.  Here are some shots of a blue FXR2 with a wide glide front, CVO Wide Glide headlight faring, and bobbed rear fender, all painted Stone Cold Blue.  I actually traded e-mails with the owner up in Minnesota last Spring (I think).

RedFXR2

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »

Maybe we can get Pete to post a few more shots of his bike for all of us FXR photoaholics....lol!!

Pete, you GOT AN EXCELLENT DEAL 2 years ago for $10,000.  well actually almost three years ago.... :2vrolijk_21:

I have walked that HD Show Room floor many of time, it's just outside Longmont CO which is a bigger community than "Fredrick" but you are right it's considered "Fredrick" High Country Harley Davidson.

Pete you might want to look at the FXR3 seat which is quite comfortable to some of us here. 

I still wonder if that bike is the one I saw at the dealership closer to my home, it wouldn't be unusual since people trade their bikes within a variety local dealerships along what we call the "front range" here in Colorado if they have something they feel they want more.....I guess I'll never know...lol

Yes, and let your buddy know about this site that owns the Arresting Red FXR2 as Mike stated.

Hey Blaine, we could always strap on a recliner for you on that FXR4, there has to be enough talent around here to gittter done...... :bananarock:

Regards,

"Classic"

elvislee

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 02:01:22 PM »

Maybe we can get Pete to post a few more shots of his bike for all of us FXR photoaholics....lol!!

Pete, you GOT AN EXCELLENT DEAL 2 years ago for $10,000.  well actually almost three years ago.... :2vrolijk_21:

I have walked that HD Show Room floor many of time, it's just outside Longmont CO which is a bigger community than "Fredrick" but you are right it's considered "Fredrick" High Country Harley Davidson.

Pete you might want to look at the FXR3 seat which is quite comfortable to some of us here. 

I still wonder if that bike is the one I saw at the dealership closer to my home, it wouldn't be unusual since people trade their bikes within a variety local dealerships along what we call the "front range" here in Colorado if they have something they feel they want more.....I guess I'll never know...lol

Yes, and let your buddy know about this site that owns the Arresting Red FXR2 as Mike stated.

Hey Blaine, we could always strap on a recliner for you on that FXR4, there has to be enough talent around here to gittter done...... :bananarock:
Regards,

"Classic"

Cool!...How about a Black Lazy Boy with built in heater, massage vibration, and wrap around windshield...Have it shipped to me if ya would and I'll have it mounted in time for the first FXR gathering when and if it happens... :2vrolijk_21:  ;D            Semper Fi Sean!  (Florida Marine)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:38:05 AM by elvislee »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

Stone Cold, where in PA? Unless you're all the way out west, we can't be too far from each other. We should try to meet up somwhere next Spring. Maybe I can drag George out there with us too with his FXR4. How about at Bill's Old Bike Barn? Is Bloomsberg near you? Right off of I-80. Excellent Museum! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.billsbikebarn.com/

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:28 PM »

Hoist

I am on the west end of the state,just south of Erie. I do have family in Allentown and Pittston area though and if I make any trips out that way I will be sure to let ya know. Thanks for the link on Bills Bike Barn sounds cool.

Pete

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

Thanks for the pictures Red..

Nice looking bike.

I can't get a picture that picks up the true color of the bike. My pictures always make the bike look more blue than it actually is.

Anyone have any photo tips???

Pete
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 22 queries.