Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome center Stand for 09  (Read 2184 times)

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
Chrome center Stand for 09
« on: February 07, 2009, 03:09:04 AM »

Chrome Center Stand

Lifting your bike upright and off the side stand is ideal for cleaning and servicing, and reduces the space required for parking - handy where space is at a premium in a crowded garage, a small parking spot, or at a ride-in bike show. The robust Chrome Center Stand attaches directly to the frame and does not reduce the lean angle. Designed to work with all Original Equipment suspension configurations and with Profile suspension lowering kits, the adjustable feet can be set to lift the rear tire clear of the pavement, or to keep the rear tire on the ground for reduced lifting effort. The lifting lever is inconspicuously tucked away, and fits with all Harley-Davidson® Original Equipment and accessory footboards. Kit includes chrome stand, black mounting brackets, and all necessary installation hardware.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

91573-09

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '09 Touring models (except FLHTCUTG) with Original Equipment or Profile® Low Suspension.

MSRP US $329.95

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
Re: Chrome center Stand for 09
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:43 AM »

It seems that there are many people who have been disappointed by a center stand, as the bike is simply to heavy to lift onto it. Has anyone bought the new stand and can comment? Generally, I like the idea to have the bike straight instead of leaning.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »

It seems that there are many people who have been disappointed by a center stand, as the bike is simply to heavy to lift onto it. Has anyone bought the new stand and can comment? Generally, I like the idea to have the bike straight instead of leaning.

Ride safely,
Louis

Louis

The centerstand for my 09 came in this week.
I have them on all the other bikes.
Putting them on the centerstand is difficult the first few times, but once you learn the sequence it's no problem.
I will let you know how it is on the 09 once installed.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 12:59:36 PM »

Louis, did you wind up putting this on your 09? I read somewhere that the HD version won't fit with the oil cooler and wondered if this would include our model or if the oil cooler in questions was mounted saomeplace else. Thanks! (old Veego)
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »

Louis, did you wind up putting this on your 09? I read somewhere that the HD version won't fit with the oil cooler and wondered if this would include our model or if the oil cooler in questions was mounted saomeplace else. Thanks! (old Veego)

The one you mentioned that won't fit with the oil cooler is the old style display stand (P/N 99002-97A) not the center stand mentioned in this thread.  The old display stand mounted at the front of the frame and didn't elevate the bike, it just held it upright.  Often called a drive-off stand as well.  I'm not aware of one that fits the '09 and later frames.

The center stands from Harley, Rivco, etc. actually elevate the rear wheel off the ground and are great for storage, maintenance tasks, wheel cleaning, etc.  Some are harder to use than others due to differences in leverage.  As is often the case with stuff made for Harley's, appearance sometimes trumps function.  I forget the name of the company that sells one called EZ something or other, but it has the biggest and most obvious lever sticking out that gives it the best leverage.   The Harley or Rivco versions take a little more practice and effort, but they look better.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »

I forget the name of the company that sells one called EZ something or other, but it has the biggest and most obvious lever sticking out that gives it the best leverage. 

It's the EZ-UP centerstand by Wheeldock. A great addition in my opinion...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

:cherry:
I agree it's the Wheeldock model.

I got one on my '09 SE Ultra and two things I will mention about it.   Number one is that it is a little awkward to get it up on the stand till you get the hang of it,  but getting it back (down) can be challenging depending on how much you weigh and the roughness or "slickness" of the floor or driveway it ls on.

In other words,  if you have it up on a concrete driveway and you get ready to go and you weigh over 200 pounds or your wife jumps on the back, NO problem.   Just crank up,  drop it in first gear and go.   If you only weigh around 160 like me and no rider involved,  you'll do a little burn-out to get it down off the stand.  If you have it up in the garage with a painted floor,  you are really screwed.

In that case,  I burned right down thru the paint with the spinning back tire and then had to be real quick to pull the clutch and front brake so I didn't run into anything.  So now I have a permanent black burnout mark in my shop/garage.

(I can't get enough leverage trying to rock the nearly 900 pound pig off of it without starting it up and going into gear)

The other item is "speed bumps" in parking lots or where ever you find them.  Sometimes,  the center stand will bottom out as you go over them.

fyi........... :drink:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:07:25 PM by moscooter »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »

Sounds like you're really screwed if you have a tiled floor.   :nixweiss:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »

Size Matters.......... Drink more Beer .................... :drink:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.