Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Aftermarket Seats  (Read 11436 times)

dhudson

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
Aftermarket Seats
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »

I am interested in a two up seat and solo seat for my 07' SE Dyna. I want better comfort for longer rides on the two up seat when the wife rides with me, and am more interested in looks for the solo seat. I have been looking at the Sundowner seat for a two up, but have heard they can scratch the rear fender? I like the Danny Gray Big Seat, and Lepara Bare Bones for the solo seat but am interested in comments, pictures, and reviews from anyone that has tried a different seat on their CVO Dyna. :)
07' FXDSE
D&D FAT CAT
Diamond Cut Heads
Woods Cams
Heads By Steve at Chesapeake Harley
122hp 125tq

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
Re: Aftermarket Seats
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »

I had sundowner solo on mine but it moved me too far reward for comfortable ride. I'm 5'7". I have the brawler solo on it now and it seems fine. I rode all but 10k miles this year on that bike. I just odered a seat for thundercustom from bitchnstitchn seats in CO. Will be sending the brawler out after Christmas to have it redone. I will post some pics later of new seat. Sorry, I can not help you with two up seat.

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »

don't mean to be impertinent...even though you said looks is the main factor, may I suggest mustang classic solo with rider backrest...that's what I run, and it pushes me forward, correcting the long reach to the stock handlebars...I'm 5'-9"...also have the h-d windshield and added mid-pegs...have ridden this bike 400 miles in a day...also use a 3/4 helmet with full face shield...with this setup it's almost as comfy as the flhr I had before

even if you don't choose the mustang, I strongly suggest a rider backrest if you're riding more than 40 miles
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

dhudson

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »

Thanks, Lennyiti and Skyhook for the comments. Post a picture if you guys can, I would love to see both the custom seat your getting Lennyiti and the mustang solo w backrest on your dyna, Skyhook. You can look at these seats at stores all day online, but it's nice to see what they actually look like on a Cvo Dyna if you know what I mean. I would love to see and hear more comments and pics from other Cvo Dyna owners out there too. Thanks for your guys help as I would like to get a couple seats purchased or maybe a comfortable  goodlooking  solo seat with a comfy  passenger pillion would get the job done without  having to  buy two seats. :-\
07' FXDSE
D&D FAT CAT
Diamond Cut Heads
Woods Cams
122hp 125tq

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »

might take couple days, but will do

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »

I put a Brawler seat on my bike ~ Harley Part No. 51621-09.  You can customize the seat's stiching a bit by choosing from a few different stiching patterns and different thread colors.  I got a skull stiched into the seat using black thread.  This picture doesn't show the stock look though, I had more padding put into the back so that it moved me further forward on the bike.  It has been a great seat and is super comfortable!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 04:26:20 PM »

I am interested in a two up seat and solo seat for my 07' SE Dyna. I want better comfort for longer rides on the two up seat when the wife rides with me, and am more interested in looks for the solo seat. I have been looking at the Sundowner seat for a two up, but have heard they can scratch the rear fender? I like the Danny Gray Big Seat, and Lepara Bare Bones for the solo seat but am interested in comments, pictures, and reviews from anyone that has tried a different seat on their CVO Dyna. :)

I used C&C seats for my SERK. I had them pattern the seats after the MoCo seat. Here's pic of two up version.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »

and the solo w/ detachable back rest I rarely use unless travelling distances

JW

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »

the ratrod

dhudson

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. The Brawler seat and Mustang solo seats look good and I am definitely going to check into these more. Thanks for the pics. I did decide on a Sundowner two up seat,  got one and installed it the other day. It is really comfy but I don't really like how it looks, just too big I guess, but I know the Wife will love the passenger comfort. I took it out for a short 35 mile run or so and the seat felt great but was a little chilly at 40 degrees here in Maryland to go for a longer cruise. I will post pics soon. It looks like there might be a chance this Sundowner Seat will scratch the rear fender because of the width of the passenger pillion with weight on the rear of the seat. Any ideas on protecting the fender paint, maybe protective clear tape or something that won't hurt the paint? Thanks again for everyone's help. Love this site. Dave   :2vrolijk_21:   PS   Black Diamond, the seats on your bike look great too, and so does your bike. I bet it runs great with all the mods you have done. Have you had it on a dyno? What kind of numbers are you getting?     Ride on :bananarock:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:38:42 PM by dhudson »
07' FXDSE
D&D FAT CAT
Diamond Cut Heads
Woods Cams
122hp 125tq

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

This is the seat we got from Bitchn stitchn seats. Turned out really nice.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 09:43:27 PM »

I stopped in to their shop today; Dan is a great guy, gave me a tour and then chatted with me for almost an hour, some of it about seats, and some just about riding. I will be going back to them to get my seat done (once I get new bars to get me up & back a little)... can't beat his kind of customer service!!  http://www.bitchnstitchninc.com/

DB07

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »

I had a seat custom made at bar enterprises, Im vertically challenged as they say 5'7'', so they made the seat to move me ahead about 2'', also had millenium foam instead of gel put in, most comfortable seat i've EVER had, rode 913 miles straight through from cadillac, Michigan to clermont, georgia! Ass never hurt a bit.  And the price is very affordable.

maddog110

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 08:54:08 AM »

Not to threadjack but, where did you get the mid peg mounts skyhook ? Ive looked but cant find just the mounts.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »

Black Diamond, the seats on your bike look great too, and so does your bike. I bet it runs great with all the mods you have done. Have you had it on a dyno? What kind of numbers are you getting?     Ride on :bananarock:

Sorry, I missed this. dynoed @ +120 tq / 116 hp

JW

crowen

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

Dude, nice paint job!     Awesome!

PuttyNH

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »

Here is a pic of a new seat I got from the dealer, it is a Harley (Sidekick) but you can customize the seat quite a bit.  This has an Ostrich inlay.  You can even pick the color of the stitching.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.