Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New memeber , New bike  (Read 1681 times)

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
New memeber , New bike
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:13:20 PM »

Hello everyone!  I have been watching the forum for some time now and guess I should introduce myself.  I have read all of the post and have found all of them to be very helpful and interesting.  I had a 2001 FatBoy with 24,000mi on it that was totaled this summer.  It wasn't my fault, lady turned in front of me.  I ended up with both arms in cast, dislocated sholder, and seperated pelvis.  I still have one cast on left arm that I hope comes off tomorrow.   Now ... about this new bike I ordered ...

I went ahead and ordered the cvo fatboy (concord purple / copper canyon).   I could have ordered a stock one, but I had close to 30K in my previous bike and figured I'd save this way.  I'm not to sure about the color, guess i'll have to see it in person.  What does everyone think of these new fatboys?  (hope i did this post right, it's the only time i've posted in a forum)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: New memeber , New bike
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »

TX, welcome to the site!  Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to know you'll be OK!  Good luck tomorrow with the cast!

I hadn't seen the photo you posted before now.  I think it looks great in the picture and the colors almost always look better in person.  I think you made a good choice!  Hope you'll stick around, post some more, and get some photos up of the new ride when it arrives later this year . . .  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 01:04:05 AM »

txfatboy, welcome to the site!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:05:01 AM by Loose_Goose »
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:52:28 AM »

Hello everyone!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:36:56 AM by 103tHunDer »
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 01:59:31 AM »

I have an 05 se fatboy. I think you will love your new ride. I personally prefer the fatboy rims over the rims on the 06 but the paint scheme is killer on the 06 that you chose. I saw the same one at a dealership, you will be thrilled with it. As for the fat tire, matter of preference, to me it doesn't matter. Good luck with your new ride............had to order it?? I have seen at least one in every dealership I have been in and I have been in alot of em..seems you should have just drove a littel father down the road. [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »

I guess when I say "ordered" , I mean I put down money on one of the two fatboy's that my local dealership will receive.  I have not seen any of the 06 bikes in person.  I prefer to buy at the loacal dealership, I tend to be loyal to them as they treat me well.  Did purchase this one at MSRP, and I'm not in a hurry, since I can't ride yet anyway.

Keep the opinions coming in...good or bad.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.