Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

SE  Ultra/  Couple of obversations

(1/5) > >>

GC_Super:
Was looking thru some literature last nite and a couple of things caught my eye. One is the weight of the bike. It weighs in at a whopping 845 lbs,  57 lbs more than a standard Ultra.  All that bling bling is heavy.

Second, on page 51 of the screaming eagle catalog, they list all the cam specs, including the 253, which they used to keep secret for some reason.  When you see that cam compared to all the others, I can see why they kept it a secret.  LOL  What really stands out was the intake opening at  7 deg BTDC.  Also the duration is the longest of all their cams. No other cam is even close to single digits. Also on the right side of the page where they describe each cam, there is no mention of the 253.  For comparisons sake, I wish they would list the stock 88 cam just to see how they compare.  I assume the difference in the CVO cam is EPA mandated.

GC_Super:
How about observations?  [smiley=oops.gif]

grc:

--- Quote ---Was looking thru some literature last nite and a couple of things caught my eye. One is the weight of the bike. It weighs in at a whopping 845 lbs,
--- End quote ---

GC_Super:
Thanks GRC, just checked it out.  The timing number is equally low, -02 for carb, +02 for efi.  Again, I'm sure the EPA makes the cams hard to build for power, although the stock 88 cams have always been pretty good for low end torque.  I'm still thinking the TW26 would be a pretty good choice for a bolt in to lower the power band with stock comp. Only cost a few hundred to find out.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---Was looking thru some literature last nite and a couple of things caught my eye. One is the weight of the bike. It weighs in at a whopping 845 lbs,
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version