Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: I miss my old bike  (Read 4989 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: I miss my old bike
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:38:20 PM »

They have the bike advertised as:

"TOO MANY CHROME GOODIES TO LIST!!!  A RECIPE FOR COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE THAT SPANS TIME ZONES.  Looking for an education in class?  This motorcycle puts on a clinic."

I like all the gadgets and extra storage space, etc on the SE Ultra, but the setup I had on the RK just wreaked of class.  Financially, I think I could handle it, but then I wouldn't be able to pay this one off quickly like I had planned to.  I guess I'll have to call the dealer to find out what the actual status on the bike is.  I think they are closed the next 2 days, so I'll have to call Friday.

This probably wouldn't be happening but everybody that sees my new bike says it really nice, but how could you get rid of your RK...it was so nice.  I keep running into photos of it too and every time I walk into the garage, I'm in shock once again that there is a different bike in there.  I guess I'll have to wait a few days to see what the scoop is. 

Thanks for the input.  I knew I could count on you guys to tell me that more than one bike is perfectly acceptable.  I really didn't expect even one person to tell me to just move on and forget about it.  I just needed it banged into my head a few extra times.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »

My local HD CVO buddy said one of the rules of the brotherhood is "never get rid of a Harley that's paid for." I plan to implement that if at all possible and I own the only one I have (so far). Storage would be the only issue but I would rather put it on loan to a friend to ride (and store in his garage) with visitation rites if I do get another bike.

Just my $.02

I got room in my garage! :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47:06 PM »

More than one bike is totally rational.  At least that's what I keep telling myself every time I look at my own sig. or walk into the garage. :confused5:  Hehe!! ;D

These bikes get into our souls like nothing material that I've ever experienced, though.  So, I can certainly understand where you're coming from, especially with all the thought and mods. that went into the RK.  For sure, if you can swing it and strike a deal with the dealer . . . GO FOR IT!!! :2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 11:52:22 PM »

That's not really such a bad idea.  I have a friend with a 7 or 8 stall garage and all he keeps in there is his Viper and Vette, 03 SE Road King, and 95th Anniversary Springer.  He's got plenty of room and he's someone I know I can trust with anything.  He's also the guy that wanted to buy it, since he didn't want to see someone that didn't appreciate it get their hands on it.  That would solve my space problem.  It's already a bit tight with a car and bike in a one car garage, although I could definitely fit 2 bikes.  But then it would be 2 bikes to back out every time I want to get the car out.  Well, again, I'll have to wait a few days to see if the bike is still available and the deal isn't too painful to get it back.  I do know for sure that the only thing they did to the bike was put a new rear tire on, so they don't have a lot invested.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »

I don't understand! WTH would anyone need more than 1 bike? :confused5: :nixweiss: ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

You sound very attached to it, at least now that it's gone. I've not many regrets in this life, but selling my '77 RD 400 still bugs me to this day! Should never have sold that bike! If you're bike's still available, based on the way you sound about it, I'd try to get it back from them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »

That's not really such a bad idea.  I have a friend with a 7 or 8 stall garage and all he keeps in there is his Viper and Vette, 03 SE Road King, and 95th Anniversary Springer.  He's got plenty of room and he's someone I know I can trust with anything.  He's also the guy that wanted to buy it, since he didn't want to see someone that didn't appreciate it get their hands on it.  That would solve my space problem.  It's already a bit tight with a car and bike in a one car garage, although I could definitely fit 2 bikes.  But then it would be 2 bikes to back out every time I want to get the car out.  Well, again, I'll have to wait a few days to see if the bike is still available and the deal isn't too painful to get it back.  I do know for sure that the only thing they did to the bike was put a new rear tire on, so they don't have a lot invested.

What?  You don't keep the bikes in the house :nixweiss:

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:29 AM »

Get it back. Like others have said earlier, you can use the RK for short hauls. I use my Fat Boy for around the city but I need the SERG for anything freeway wise...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »

I traded my 2007 Road King Classic for my 2009 SE Ultra.  Don't get me wrong, I like the SE Ultra, but I am having a lot of regrets about getting rid of the RK Classic.  If I can swing it, I'm thinking about trying to buy it back from the dealer and having both bikes...assuming they still have it.  The photo on their website has a "HOLD" tag hanging from the handlebars.  Am I out of my mind?  I didn't have regrets like this getting rid of my last girlfriend.  Yeah, I know, I would have if I could ride her as long and hard as my Road King.  Seriously, does everyone go through this?  I didn't have these kinds of regrets with any of my other bikes.  Here's a few pics.  What do you folks think?  Am I crazy?

Me thinks yer normal.  2+ years after the fact, and I STILL miss my 02 Ultra.  I'd buy her right now, but the nimrod that bought her totaled her.  But alas.........I have my 02 FLHR, and I'm becoming quite fond of that machine.  Was just thinking how much I enjoy riding it when on the way to pick up the green bike today...........then I got on the green bike.  WOW!

I'm liking this............I can cheat on my bikes...........get some "strange" every now and then........hehehehe..........this ROCKS!  And I don't get into trouble for doing it.....well, in a manner of speaking anyway.   :huepfenlol2:

Go get your old scooter back, man.  She misses ya too!   :2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 01:33:11 AM »

What?  You don't keep the bikes in the house :nixweiss:

I haven't kept a bike in the house since grad school.  I kept a Maico 250 and then a Yamaha 250 in my living room.  When I started them up inside, oh boy did that place rock.  Unfortunately, my neighbors didn't seem to find the humor.  At least it was a first floor apartment...it's not like I rode it up the steps or anything(and I think the Maico could have made it too).  I chained that Yamaha up one night to a bicycle rack on the front porch...the only time I ever left it outside...and the bike and bicycle rack were both gone in the morning...never saw that bike again.

Hmmm.  I just realized that I had a tenant's policy then, and that unlicensed bike may have fallen under my personal property coverage.  I wonder if 25 yrs plus is too late to file a claim.  Come to think of it, back some years, I worked as an insurance claims adjuster, and when I was in training, we had a hail damage claim for siding on a home.  When we got there and asked when there was a hail storm in the area, they told us it was 18 years ago.  They were getting new siding installed and the contractor told them their old siding had hail damage and they should report that to insurance.  If I remember correctly, I think we denied the claim based on the current wording of the policy as we could not find an 18 year old policy to look at the wording from that far back in time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 03:46:07 AM »

I haven't kept a bike in the house since grad school.  I kept a Maico 250 and then a Yamaha 250 in my living room.  When I started them up inside, oh boy did that place rock.  Unfortunately, my neighbors didn't seem to find the humor.  At least it was a first floor apartment...it's not like I rode it up the steps or anything(and I think the Maico could have made it too).  I chained that Yamaha up one night to a bicycle rack on the front porch...the only time I ever left it outside...and the bike and bicycle rack were both gone in the morning...never saw that bike again.

Hmmm.  I just realized that I had a tenant's policy then, and that unlicensed bike may have fallen under my personal property coverage.  I wonder if 25 yrs plus is too late to file a claim.  Come to think of it, back some years, I worked as an insurance claims adjuster, and when I was in training, we had a hail damage claim for siding on a home.  When we got there and asked when there was a hail storm in the area, they told us it was 18 years ago.  They were getting new siding installed and the contractor told them their old siding had hail damage and they should report that to insurance.  If I remember correctly, I think we denied the claim based on the current wording of the policy as we could not find an 18 year old policy to look at the wording from that far back in time.

Got the old bike home yet :nixweiss: ?

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 07:07:39 AM »

If you buy the bike back it's as if you bought the SEUC with no money down.  Simple as that.  If the SEUC grows more on you as you have both, sell the RK (which is a great looking ride by the way  :2vrolijk_21:).  You may get nearly as much as the current trade in value for it in a couple of years.  In my eyes, you're out nothing.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 07:50:28 AM »

Road King....how can that be a bad thing?  I'll keep it down here in SoFlo, fly n ride anytime...

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »

Go with your heart.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »

I found out the dealer is closed now until Jan. 5th.  I also got an e-mail this morning from my friend that I mentioned trying to store the bike at his place.  The bike is still available and he is in the midst of working with someone there to work out a trade so he can buy it.  He tried to work with them on this once already and it didn't work out.  I could live with it knowing he had the bike.  I would still be able to see it whenever I wanted, and probably ride it whenever I wanted also...just wouldn't have to spend any of my money to do so.  It's such a great solution, I'm almost tempted to chip in to help him buy it if the numbers are too far apart for them to work it out on their own.  So the saga continues until next week.

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

It's worth the effort! Good luck....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.672 seconds with 21 queries.