Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines setup Pipes fuel pack  (Read 878 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Vance & Hines setup Pipes fuel pack
« on: September 08, 2005, 08:22:45 PM »

I am considering the Vance & Hines fuel pack. CAn anyone give me some input? I have the Vance & Hines Ovals slipons, I havent done the air cleaner yet, I am looking at getting the Vance & Hines true duals, Ovals slipons, air cleaner either Arlen Ness big sucker or similar, and of course the fuel pack. I am purchasing the bike (04 SEEG pumpkin with less than 2K miles) with the pipes already on it and the vance & hines true duals are on ebay for 269.95. Any suggestions? I like the sound of the pipes already, I'm sure they'll sound a little better when the motor can breathe a little better. The previous owner didnt do the download or the A/C and I have no idea why. [smiley=cool2.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
Re: Vance & Hines setup Pipes fuel pack
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 09:33:15 PM »

Don't have the fuel pack, but do have the true dual head pipes, Oval slip-ons, HD breather kit and the stage 1 map. Liked the idea of having the true duals and using who evers slip-ons. I like the Oval slip ons due to the fact they are a little bit louder than the touring mufflers at lower rpm, but will still bark loudly when climbing past 5k - definitely doesn't sound like a popcorn popper anymore....

Personally, I will probably go the SERT route, since I plan on head work in the future with gear drive cams. I did look at the VandH fuel pack, and it seems like if you do pipes and AC, should do well with the canned maps from VandH.

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.