Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Fxr2/3/4 Enricher Cable/Knob/Kit  (Read 12212 times)

elvislee

Re: Fxr2/3/4 Enricher Cable/Knob/Kit
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »

that sounds right ....... I broke mine last June............ I was putting on a Mikuni and was going to use the stock choke cable, broke it putting it back on..... turns out I had some other problems with the carb kit ..... wrong parts were sent..... they sent me the breather bolts for a TC     :oops:

anyways, I had to take the carb off to change out the choke cable ........ seems like to me, I had the Mikuni on the bike twice, and the stock one on and off the bike twice that same day ..... needless to say, I did get tired of changing out the carbs.

I am running the stock carb now, but will be changing it when I do my build.  I THINK I have all the right parts for the carb kit now ..... I'll find out in a week or so

you pretty much got it right about how that cable gets broken .... and I don't know of any replacement for it, other than the HD part

Well....I never done this before; so, time to sit down and read the manual and see If I can figure out what I'm doing...BETCHA I won't get mine changed in one day, much less changeing it two or three times  ;D

Thinking seriously about following Howie's idea and changin to the S&S and be done with all the Choke assy BS...Don't know yet...Thanks for the info and wish me that I don't FRICK something up  ::) ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

Believe me....The thought crossed my mind...Bro-Law has one on his 89 FXR; seems so much simpler.

Much simpler, easy to tune, and all 1-piece. It's the only carb I'll use. Besides, NOTHING looks better on an HD than an S&S Teardrop A/C Cover!!! :2vrolijk_21:

My Revtech 110 Evo came with a Mikuni HSR45. I'll have to see how that goes. But i'm not convinced it's staying on there even though it is brand new! But I do have the S&S A/C assembly on that Mikuni. (See above statement again!) ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »

Much simpler, easy to tune, and all 1-piece. It's the only carb I'll use. Besides, NOTHING looks better on an HD than an S&S Teardrop A/C Cover!!! :2vrolijk_21:
My Revtech 110 Evo came with a Mikuni HSR45. I'll have to see how that goes. But i'm not convinced it's staying on there even though it is brand new! But I do have the S&S A/C assembly on that Mikuni. (See above statement again!) ;)

Hoist! 8)

Yep...Bro-in-law keeps tellin me the same chit too...Gonna go ahead and pull off the stock; put the new choke cable back on and then put in a big zip lock bag and put on the shelf while I research and check around a bit...Ya never know; I may go with the Super E...we'll see  :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 01:19:52 PM »

DANG!!!!....S&S be proud of their kits :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:

I'd have to save for years ta buy one  ;D  Seriously though; checked Dennis Kirk and Eastern Performance for the Super E kit for the 99 Evo...DK at $425.00 (Have to check back on shipping)..EP is calling me back  :nixweiss:

Anyways, If any of ya's has a complete S&S Super E setup including cover, air cleaner, intake, whatever else required to mount right on for sale...LMK...Maybe we can do some business   :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

I'd have to save for years ta buy one  ;D  Seriously though; checked Dennis Kirk and Eastern Performance for the Super E kit for the 99 Evo...DK at $425.00 (Have to check back on shipping)..EP is calling me back  :nixweiss:

Anyways, If any of ya's has a complete S&S Super E setup including cover, air cleaner, intake, whatever else required to mount right on for sale...LMK...Maybe we can do some business   :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Make sure you get the complete install kit w/manifold and all mounting hardware and A/C assembly. Pipe the breather from both heads to a tee and route beneath the bike. Don't forget new throttle/idle cables. S&S uses a different mount on the carb. They do make adapters to mount stock cables on an S&S Super. Up to you which way ya wanna go with that one. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »

Never called me back.....ummmmmmmmmmm....Guess they don't give a chit...Oh well...Won't buy anything from them again :2vrolijk_21:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »

Blaine~~~

ummmmmm  $425.00 over here for an S&S vs $10.00 for a new knob......   :nixweiss:

Ok I choose new knob!!!!!!

Focus on a new knob, Blaine.....and save the remainder of the $415.00 for the trip this summer.....OH YEAH!!!   :bananarock:

$425.00 S&S carb vs $10.00 for new knob.....lol even call ELVIS PLACE that you see on ebay he's got a lot of ole' FXR parts probably would have a used one...... :2vrolijk_21:

I wouldn't own another S&S carb.....been there done that....

"........Make sure you get the complete install kit w/manifold and all mounting hardware and A/C assembly. Pipe the breather from both heads to a tee and route beneath the bike. Don't forget new throttle/idle cables. S&S uses a different mount on the carb. They do make adapters to mount stock cables on an S&S Super. Up to you which way ya wanna go with that one........"   wheewwwww I am tired.....lol

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:46:23 PM by FXR2evo99 »

elvislee

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »

Blaine~~~

ummmmmm  $425.00 over here for an S&S vs $10.00 for a new knob......   :nixweiss:

Ok I choose new knob!!!!!!

Focus on a new knob, Blaine.....and save the remainder of the $415.00 for the trip this summer.....OH YEAH!!!   :bananarock:

$425.00 S&S carb vs $10.00 for new knob.....lol even call ELVIS PLACE that you see on ebay he's got a lot of ole' FXR parts probably would have a used one...... :2vrolijk_21:

I wouldn't own another S&S carb.....been there done that....

"........Make sure you get the complete install kit w/manifold and all mounting hardware and A/C assembly. Pipe the breather from both heads to a tee and route beneath the bike. Don't forget new throttle/idle cables. S&S uses a different mount on the carb. They do make adapters to mount stock cables on an S&S Super. Up to you which way ya wanna go with that one........"   wheewwwww I am tired.....lol

Regards,

Tim

:ROFLOL:....Don't worry Tim, It's all just a thought. Am considering it but haven't made up my mind yet. One thing is for sure; I ain't paying $425 or even close to that for one. IF I get one it will be used, NOS (If there is such a thing) and way less than $425.00...If I happen on one for a good deal; I'll grab it up, but that's the only way....You should know me by now; I am a CHEAP B@$^@&D... :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

elvislee

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »

Wow; had so much fun with the guys pickin on our buddy TiMidator over on "Mikey's Build" thread  ;D I had to FINALLY go out (Actually just had the time to mess with it) and see if I could replace the new enricher cable without tearing up or breaking something else.

Really surprised at how simple and easy it was to pull the carb off :vrolijk27: but very happy to say all is done and now I'm gonna clean up real good (well) under the tank area and put tank back on.....OH!.....And I got that SHINY new knob for it too  ;D.... Soon ta RIDE again. Thanks again guys for all the input  :2vrolijk_21:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  TIM.......S&S is still a possibility but not high on the radar screen...Like I said; if a kit pops up REALLY< REALLY< REALLY> REALLY cheap.....I MIGHT go for it; for now I'm still stock carb  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:39:42 PM by elvislee »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:27 PM »

Glad ya got it back together ok elvislee  !!  yeah, getting the carb off it's too big a job, but if you had a 'real enricher cable' instead of the POS HD sells, you wouldn't have had to do that    :huepfenlol2:

been there, done that too   :huepfenlol2:

it was fun picking on TIMadatior ..... huh     :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:09 AM »

".......Wow; had so much fun with the guys pickin on our buddy TiMidator over on "Mikey's Build" thread   I had to FINALLY go out (Actually just had the time to mess with it) and see if I could replace the new enricher cable without tearing up or breaking something else.   Really surprised at how simple and easy it was to pull the carb off  but very happy to say all is done and now I'm gonna clean up real good (well) under the tank area and put tank back on.....OH!.....And I got that SHINY new knob for it too......."

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok......geezzz feels like Joe Pecsi again......40 total replies in this here THREAD.....so exactly what did you do?  I am reading you pulled your CV Carb off and put a "NEW enricher cable"  <~~~HD Part #? and something about a "SHINY" new knob for it too....? ? ? ?  <~~~~HD Part # ?

Blaine......

Hmmm SHINY AND NEW........this one looks pretty STURDY BLAINE!!!!

:bananarock:

TiMidator

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:54:58 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »

".......Wow; had so much fun with the guys pickin on our buddy TiMidator over on "Mikey's Build" thread   I had to FINALLY go out (Actually just had the time to mess with it) and see if I could replace the new enricher cable without tearing up or breaking something else.   Really surprised at how simple and easy it was to pull the carb off  but very happy to say all is done and now I'm gonna clean up real good (well) under the tank area and put tank back on.....OH!.....And I got that SHINY new knob for it too......."

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok......geezzz feels like Joe Pecsi again......40 total replies in this here THREAD.....so exactly what did you do?  I am reading you pulled your CV Carb off and put a "NEW enricher cable"  <~~~HD Part #? and something about a "SHINY" new knob for it too....? ? ? ?  <~~~~HD Part # ?

Blaine......

TiMidator

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge] ]

Love your new signoff! I noticed it used in Dave's BDay thread too! Glad ya like you new nickname Tim TiMidator! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 05:33:49 AM »

Blaine......

TiMidator

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

Hey TiMidator...See my reply on reply #24 I posted for Mike  :2vrolijk_21: Yea man, I had to purchase a whole complete new enricher cable HD PN: 29229-88D. To replace the new cable I had to pull the CVO carb off the bike as I didn't seem to be able to get a wrench onto the plastic nut that connects the cable end into the body of the carb. Also it woulda been a PITA (At least for me) to try and reinstall the new cable into the carb body while still on the bike. Seemed to me to be quicker but also more accessible with the carb off.

Once the carb was off I simply unscrewed the nut, pulled the old cable out of the carb body, then removed the old cable from the cable starter valve, removed the spring, installed the new cable through the spring, then new cable was reinserted into the starter valve then the new cable is now fully assembled and put back into the carb body and very carefully tightened down.

I then opened my newly purchased SHINY NEW CHROME BING BLING pull knob and mounted it over the plastic stock choke knob on my new enricher cable. Then ran the knob end of the cable back through to the cable mounting bracket, reattached the carb back to the rubber seal ring that helps hold the carb onto the intake manifold. Went to other side of bike and mounted cable into the cable bracket, finger tightened metal nut at rear of cable up to the bracket, finger tightened plastic nut up to the bracket to allow the cable to stay out when pulled and Badda Bing-Badda-Bing...New cable is on and new chrome Bling-Bling cable knob HD PN:29431-97 is on  :2vrolijk_21: ;D

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:19:06 AM by elvislee »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 21 queries.