Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Chicken Soup for the Soul  (Read 9873 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »

I gotta jump in with Q here - I am a devout Christian, as are all my family, but have always followed the guidance of the big man to pray in my inner room and not hang my beliefs out for the world to see (was actually the gospel at mass last night for Ash Wed). 

We don't discuss politics here any longer, religion is right up there with things that create arguments and huge divisions within a group.

Sean's .02

Have to agree with Sean & Q.

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2009, 10:40:35 PM »

"Quiet Times"

Hello my friends,
Please read Psalm 23:1-3; Mark 6:30-32.

Be still, and know
That I am God.  Psalm 46:10

Did you ever think about how much time we spend talking? In what we like to call our “quiet time” with God, we usually fill in any silence with our prayers. But do we ever practice just being “still”? When Jesus noticed that the disciples were so busy that they didn’t even have time to eat, He told them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest awhile” (Mark 6:31). When we leave the distractions of life behind, we can more easily rest and refocus on God. Are you allowing quiet moments with God to be a part of your life? Do you desire for Him to restore your soul? (Psalm 23:1-3). Let Him teach you how to “be still.” And listen when Jesus invites you: “Come aside with Me and rest a while.”

The quiet times we spend with God
In solitude and prayer
Will strengthen and restore our souls
And help us sense His care.

Quiet times with God store up power for future emergencies.

Have a great day and God Bless.
Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul - Miss Kitty's LAST POST
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2009, 11:04:10 PM »

Dear friends,
Due to the controversial nature of this thread, I've decided to no longer post anymore devotion's from the "Chicken Soup For The Soul" on this site.  It was not my wish to ever offend anyone but it seems like that is what has happened.

For those of you who would still like to get my daily devotion's, if you will send me a personal message with your email address I will gladly add you to my personal email "Friends List" to receive these.

Thank you for your kind support and God Bless.

Miss Kitty

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

I gotta jump in with Q here - I am a devout Christian, as are all my family, but have always followed the guidance of the big man to pray in my inner room and not hang my beliefs out for the world to see (was actually the gospel at mass last night for Ash Wed). 

We don't discuss politics here any longer, religion is right up there with things that create arguments and huge divisions within a group.

Sean's .02

Well, I am a believer in Christ which makes me a Christian. I believe the reference you were making was in   Matthew 6:6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."   To keep this verse in its text we look at the previous verses. It's about the religious leaders, the Sagisees and Pharisees being hypocrites.   Matthew 6:5  "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."   I pray in private and I pray in public. I pray when called upon to pray. Don't care what anyone thinks either.

Sean, I would like for you to show me where in scripture it tells us to "not hang my beliefs out for the world to see."(was actually the gospel at mass last night for Ash Wed).  The Great Commission, Jesus last instructions were for us to "GO" all over and share the "Good News" which IS the Gospel (The accountancy, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ) The first four books in the New Testament. Here is the Great Commission from the gospel of Mark.
Mark 16:15-16  He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Personally, I do not choose to witness the way Miss Kitty does. God created us all uniquely different. Some folks want and need to hear it in a daily devotional as Miss Kitty has provided. Others may do it different.

Q, Sean and Muffman, I am trying to see what's so bad about this thread. There have been many subjects and words people here have written that I didn't agree with. I wouldn't go back into that thread because I know I would get upset. The title of this thread says it all. If it bothers you, why do you come in here? :nixweiss: Some folks like it! Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. I respectfully hope we can agree to disagree. God Bless!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2009, 07:41:50 AM »

Then the same would apply to politics - folks could have chosen to stay out of those rooms also.

Its not fair to let one subject get a free ride when another doesn't.

My .02

Well, I am a believer in Christ which makes me a Christian. I believe the reference you were making was in   Matthew 6:6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."   To keep this verse in its text we look at the previous verses. It's about the religious leaders, the Sagisees and Pharisees being hypocrites.   Matthew 6:5  "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."   I pray in private and I pray in public. I pray when called upon to pray. Don't care what anyone thinks either.

Sean, I would like for you to show me where in scripture it tells us to "not hang my beliefs out for the world to see."(was actually the gospel at mass last night for Ash Wed).  The Great Commission, Jesus last instructions were for us to "GO" all over and share the "Good News" which IS the Gospel (The accountancy, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ) The first four books in the New Testament. Here is the Great Commission from the gospel of Mark.
Mark 16:15-16  He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Personally, I do not choose to witness the way Miss Kitty does. God created us all uniquely different. Some folks want and need to hear it in a daily devotional as Miss Kitty has provided. Others may do it different.

Q, Sean and Muffman, I am trying to see what's so bad about this thread. There have been many subjects and words people here have written that I didn't agree with. I wouldn't go back into that thread because I know I would get upset. The title of this thread says it all. If it bothers you, why do you come in here? :nixweiss: Some folks like it! Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. I respectfully hope we can agree to disagree. God Bless!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »

Then the same would apply to politics - folks could have chosen to stay out of those rooms also.

My .02

Sean

It's not the same as the original politics thread that got politics banned from this site.

That political thread was allowed until it got to the point where grown men were threatening other grown men.

That political thread had friends screaming at each other and had friends harassing each other.

That thread was removed and politics banned from this site not because it was political, it was banned because some of the people participating in that thread stopped acting like grown men and started acting like petty, immature children.

Your quote,

Of all things to say, you are a United States Marine, when does fairness have anything to do with a structured environment?
Just like the Marines that have rules that seem unfair this website has rules of posting.
This website is a structured environment.
We all have agreed to abide by the rules of posting when we signed up to this site.
I don't understand why we agree to that and then turn around and question why we are being singled out when we break the rules.
*******************************************************************************************************

As far as the Miss Kitty thread I hope the great people that fight for fairness and for what's right are happy.
They are the same people that have complained most about this thread.
I have learned a lot from this thread but mostly how hippocritical and petty the good and righteous people are that want this thread gone.
But it appears Miss Kitty will no longer post here.
I guess the good people have gotten what they wanted, and for me, that's a victory I would be ashamed to be a part of!

Chip

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Sean M Cary

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2009, 09:15:19 AM »

Chip, as I stated, I am a devout Christian, but if I want to read gospel I either grab my bible or go to a web site dedicated to it  - as has been pointed out numerous times that this is a HD site - with social and technical sections, and the craziness that has and will occur with that.  I can't see where religion is even remotely connected to this site.

Miss Kitty can post whatever she wants (within the rules), but that was all she was ever posting - I guess that was my main issue with it.  I appreciate folks who post a balance of stuff, but if that was the only reason for posting, it seems out of place.  You can't talk about muffler bearings only - hence some of my favorite threads on this site are non-technical.  When I need technical, I know they will be answered - when I want to goof around I know others will goof around with me. 

Again, this is my .02 - and relating religion to my work as absolutely no validity, it is not acceptable for us to discuss it at work and we don't - I take issue with anyone imposing their beliefs on me in any fashion. 

Sean

Sean

It's not the same as the original politics thread that got politics banned from this site.

That political thread was allowed until it got to the point where grown men were threatening other grown men.

That political thread had friends screaming at each other and had friends harassing each other.

That thread was removed and politics banned from this site not because it was political, it was banned because some of the people participating in that thread stopped acting like grown men and started acting like petty, immature children.

Your quote,

Of all things to say, you are a United States Marine, when does fairness have anything to do with a structured environment?
Just like the Marines that have rules that seem unfair this website has rules of posting.
This website is a structured environment.
We all have agreed to abide by the rules of posting when we signed up to this site.
I don't understand why we agree to that and then turn around and question why we are being singled out when we break the rules.
*******************************************************************************************************

As far as the Miss Kitty thread I hope the great people that fight for fairness and for what's right are happy.
They are the same people that have complained most about this thread.
I have learned a lot from this thread but mostly how hippocritical and petty the good and righteous people are that want this thread gone.
But it appears Miss Kitty will no longer post here.
I guess the good people have gotten what they wanted, and for me, that's a victory I would be ashamed to be a part of!

Chip

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »

Chip, as I stated, I am a devout Christian, but if I want to read gospel I either grab my bible or go to a web site dedicated to it  - as has been pointed out numerous times that this is a HD site - with social and technical sections, and the craziness that has and will occur with that.  I can't see where religion is even remotely connected to this site.

Miss Kitty can post whatever she wants (within the rules), but that was all she was ever posting - I guess that was my main issue with it.  I appreciate folks who post a balance of stuff, but if that was the only reason for posting, it seems out of place.  You can't talk about muffler bearings only - hence some of my favorite threads on this site are non-technical.  When I need technical, I know they will be answered - when I want to goof around I know others will goof around with me. 

Again, this is my .02 - and relating religion to my work as absolutely no validity, it is not acceptable for us to discuss it at work and we don't - I take issue with anyone imposing their beliefs on me in any fashion. 

Sean

:2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Sean!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

elvislee

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:20 AM »

OK guys, Are we allowed to open a new thread on religion? I wonder if it acceptable to discuss let's say

The Book Of Tao
The Koran
Buddhism
Hinduism
Shinto

How about someone opening a thread in which someone would like to discuss the religion of the Latter Day Saints, Jehovah Witness's, Seventh Day Adventist, or maybe the Church of Scientology? If we go down the road which allows Christians to publicly speak openly in a forum such as this one; are the others I mentioned going to be allowed to start their threads also? I could be wrong but I suspect if these religions mentioned were allowed to open in a thread or topic; many of those so called adults would quickly become childish again. It's the nature of us all to defend strongly our beliefs and at some point it will get ugly.

Look, from the beginning I never had a problem with Kitty opening this topic; but, like politics its a slippery slope and all the adults should have been astute enough to realize where it was going to end up. But like in life, rules are subject to change as the game is being played or someone not so thick skinned will get their feelings hurt...It never fails; so no surprise to me this ended the way it did. One can make all the arguments one wants as to supporting or defending Kitty's right to begin this topic; but in the end and as I said; If you didn't believe it would end like it has then I got some South Alabama swamp land I wanna sell ya......Cheap!.....Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............Should I put this in the "For Sale" Section?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:30:48 AM by elvislee »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »

Sean

Unless someone is sending it to you in a PM...NOBODY is IMPOSING their beliefs on you! You voluntarily choose to look at this thread do you not? :nixweiss: As I stated earlier, the title of the thread describes it's content. As with the thread on Politics. I have the choice to get out of any thread I feel is offensive. This site is about people who share a common bond in motorcycles. Many of those people share a religion. Many of these people have been sick or injured and request prayer. Religion is not only remotely connected to this site, but to the life we live. A minority of society has determined expression of religion is against our constitution when it was Judeo Christian values that inspired the writings and most of the men that wrote it. Scripture is written on the walls in Washington and it is on our money, In God We Trust! I believe it is the only reason we have become the youngest Country in the World as blessed and powerful as we are. That is for now...while we still have God in the equation.

Sean, I struggle to hear you being a Devout Christian and don't want to hear or see someone else talking or sharing Gods word publicly. Why? Are you ashamed of someone sharing Jesus and His word? Buddy, that IS the Gospel to Go and Share not keep it in the closet.

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Sean M Cary

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »

I'm out, I am not going to have to explain myself over and over - if you didn't get it from my reply to Chip, you aren't going to.

Unless someone is sending it to you in a PM...NOBODY is IMPOSING their beliefs on you! You voluntarily choose to look at this thread do you not? :nixweiss: As I stated earlier, the title of the thread describes it's content. As with the thread on Politics. I have the choice to get out of any thread I feel is offensive. This site is about people who share a common bond in motorcycles. Many of those people share a religion. Many of these people have been sick or injured and request prayer. Religion is not only remotely connected to this site, but to the life we live. A minority of society has determined expression of religion is against our constitution when it was Judeo Christian values that inspired the writings and most of the men that wrote it. Scripture is written on the walls in Washington and it is on our money, In God We Trust! I believe it is the only reason we have become the youngest Country in the World as blessed and powerful as we are. That is for now...while we still have God in the equation.

Sean, I struggle to hear you being a Devout Christian and don't want to hear or see someone else talking or sharing Gods word publicly. Why? Are you ashamed of someone sharing Jesus and His word? Buddy, that IS the Gospel to Go and Share not keep it in the closet.

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2009, 11:43:50 AM »

its obvius we have 2 different points of view in here, time to leave it at that
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.