Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Fxr 2/3/4 Aftermarket A/C Breather Kits  (Read 33244 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Fxr 2/3/4 Aftermarket A/C Breather Kits
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 12:26:41 PM »

Just FYI, the 32630-96 SE ignition module is dual-fire, not single.  Same one that I have.  you can go back and read part of the "Aftermarket ignition systems" thread for more discussion.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »

I wasn't so big on keeping the stock cover (on the bike - I'll be 'keeping' it as a 'take off')

I'm putting this AC on my bike when I do the build, I already have it in hand.

I think it will look AWESOME on the bike, much more attractive (to me) than the stock or S&S ... it's a look that really suits my eye  :apple:

BE AWARE .... the one listed below is for an S&S Carb, they also make the kits for Mikuni carbs, and "I THINK" they have them for stock CV carbs too, but am not sure of that .........  when I first got mine, they sent the kit for S&S, and the breather bolts for a TC ..... my bad order, but they were VERY HELPFUL an worked with me to get the 'CORRECT' parts ....... matter of fact, I have 3/4 of the kit for a TC ...... don't know what I'm gonna do with it .... I don't have, and never will have, a TC.  Not that there's anything wrong with a TC, just that I think I have the last bike that I'll ever have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONE-SPIKE-CHROME-AIR-CLEANER-INTAKE-HARLEY-S-S-CARB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1163Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370141203998QQitemZ370141203998QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:58:39 PM by fxr4mikey »
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »

I wish I could put one of those on my bike, but I guess the lower fairing is in the way.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »

I wish I could put one of those on my bike, but I guess the lower fairing is in the way.

I wouldn't think that it would be in the way ?
I don't know how much forward this breather sticks out ..... I can measure it if you want .....

the measurement would be CLOSE, but not 'ON THE BIKE' ...... I can measure it after it's ON THE BIKE .... but that won't be for a few weeks as I haven't started the build 'yet'
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »

Thanks Brian...Next question

When you talk of rejetting...How many jets are in the carb, what size jets are in my stock carb and what size do I need to go too? Is the rejetting process such as removeing the top of the carb, vac piston and then replaceing the jets?  :nixweiss: Then does the carb need to be retuned smehow after completed?  :nixweiss: Thanks Man  :2vrolijk_21:

Blaine ..........
here's what you want to know about your carb ..... I think

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hd_cv_mods.htm

or here: --  I like this one, it has nice pictures    :2vrolijk_21:
http://books.google.com/books?id=QUtuKpBchU0C&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=evo+stock+carb+jetting&source=web&ots=U-qI0WNLas&sig=zIO9rFTyIDCSY0uSqWOZylW18DQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA56,M1
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:05:30 PM by fxr4mikey »
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »

Just FYI, the 32630-96 SE ignition module is dual-fire, not single.  Same one that I have.  you can go back and read part of the "Aftermarket ignition systems" thread for more discussion.

Thanks, Mike!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=30107.0

elvislee

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »

Arrrgh  >:( I misread the info from this thread 

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=26132.0

DANG!  >:(  Now I gotta start all over; guess I'll call and cancel my order and then make sure I know what I think I'm talking about...I wanted a single fire setup  >:( :furious2:

RedFXR2

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

...I wanted a single fire setup 

As you wish and certainly I can relate.  But at this point I really would recommend you re-read this thread.  By all means do what you want, certainly some folks believe they're worth it, but I talked myself out of it.

elvislee

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

Blaine ..........
here's what you want to know about your carb ..... I think

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hd_cv_mods.htm

or here: --  I like this one, it has nice pictures    :2vrolijk_21:
http://books.google.com/books?id=QUtuKpBchU0C&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=evo+stock+carb+jetting&source=web&ots=U-qI0WNLas&sig=zIO9rFTyIDCSY0uSqWOZylW18DQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA56,M1

Just looked briefly through these links; looks like some great info...I'll read in more detail...Thanks Mikey :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

As you wish and certainly I can relate.  But at this point I really would recommend you re-read this thread.  By all means do what you want, certainly some folks believe they're worth it, but I talked myself out of it.

Well the concept of the single fire sounds great; but all this has got me re-thinking now...So, I'm gonna start from scratch and re-read the entire thread and go at it again...Thanks

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 01:31:06 PM »

Yeah, I just did.  Just skip to the last post and save yourself some time.  Keep the order for the SE ignition, Blaine! :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

Yeah, I just did.  Just skip to the last post and save yourself some time.  Keep the order for the SE ignition, Blaine! :2vrolijk_21:

Yes, I just finished reading the entire thread and the last post as you mention WAS MOST INFORMATIVE!

Thanks to Mike for steering me to this thread; I don't remember ever seeing it but it sure answers a lot of questions (at least in my mind) and leads to some great links also.

I'm gonna stay with the SE Module PN: 32630-96 so I can just "PLUG and PLAY" as has been stated.

Now, The next question...Should I go ahead and buy the SE Coil (40,000 volts) to match up with the module; even though motors insides are still stock?  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:18:16 PM by elvislee »

RedFXR2

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 02:34:14 PM »

Now, The next question...Should I go ahead and buy the SE Coil (40,000 volts) to match up with the module; even though motors insides are still stock:nixweiss:

Frankly, with your motor still stock, I don't think you'll see any improvement by upgrading either the ignition module or the coil or both.  The module will mainly get you a higher RPM limit and a mysterious (Harley won't define it) new ignition curve.  These things aren't really appreciated until you go with a hotter cam and/or increased compression.  And the need for a 40,000 volt coil is also driven by increased compression.  So to be honest, I don't think I'd spend the money for either unless you have engine mods in mind.

elvislee

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 02:57:18 PM »

Frankly, with your motor still stock, I don't think you'll see any improvement by upgrading either the ignition module or the coil or both.  The module will mainly get you a higher RPM limit and a mysterious (Harley won't define it) new ignition curve.  These things aren't really appreciated until you go with a hotter cam and/or increased compression.  And the need for a 40,000 volt coil is also driven by increased compression.  So to be honest, I don't think I'd spend the money for either unless you have engine mods in mind.

Ok...So I'll just keep the Module on order and install it when It gets in (can't hurt) Then later if I go to engine mods; I'll have the Module already and can get the coil then....So...now back to regular programming.... ;D

So after I talk to Brian later and get some PN verification on his AN Big Sucker; I'll prolly order the ANBS tommorrow and also the Dynojet Thunderslider kit; then hopefully next week end sometimes have the bike up and running again....I HOPE!  ;D...Thanks guys....Alot learned in this conversation  :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »

Well...Ordered the AN Big Sucker today ( A lotta help from Brian; Thanks Man  :2vrolijk_21:)....Ordered the SE Ignition Mod yesterday (dual fire Mike  ;D), Got my Pythons on already....Just need to get my carb re-jet kit. Gonna wait a week or so cause funds are a tad low. Thanks to all you ^&*%$#@! here doing all the chit to yours; I have finally succumbed to the gotta have better throttle, performance, and go faster bug  ;D

If I keep this up...The grandkids will be going to school in potato sacks, no shoes and eatin only cornbread and water every night ;D

Seriously though; I;m thinking the Dynojet Thunderslide kit for the CV carb. Thanks to Mikey and others I have been reading a bit on this subject and found out about the carb running rich/lean with the Big breather add on; but still a bit confused as to what a re-jet kit entails in the way of Jet sizing in my stock carb, what size jets to put in, etc, etc. A bit more reading to do I think and more questions prolly  ;D...Thanks guys  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:20:39 PM by elvislee »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.