Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Fxr 2/3/4 Aftermarket A/C Breather Kits  (Read 33246 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Fxr 2/3/4 Aftermarket A/C Breather Kits
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »

Thanks to all you ^&*%$#@! here doing all the chit to yours; I have finally succumbed to the gotta have better throttle, performance, and go faster bug  ;D

If I keep this up...The grandkids will be going to school in potato sacks, no shoes and eatin only cornbread and water every night ;D

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  If it make you feel any better, a lot of what I did to my bike was started in much the same way.  This disease is definitely contagious. 

Potato sacks could get rough, but I'm not sure how bad cornbread and water would be.  Good cornbread is goooooooooood. ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

Well...Ordered the AN Big Sucker today ( A lotta help from Brian; Thanks Man  :2vrolijk_21:)....Ordered the SE Ignition Mod yesterday (dual fire Mike  ;D), Got my Pythons on already....Just need to get my carb re-jet kit. Gonna wait a week or so cause funds are a tad low. Thanks to all you ^&*%$#@! here doing all the chit to yours; I have finally succumbed to the gotta have better throttle, performance, and go faster bug  ;D

If I keep this up...The grandkids will be going to school in potato sacks, no shoes and eatin only cornbread and water every night ;D

Seriously though; I;m thinking the Dynojet Thunderslide kit for the CV carb. Thanks to Mikey and others I have been reading a bit on this subject and found out about the carb running rich/lean with the Big breather add on; but still a bit confused as to what a re-jet kit entails in the way of Jet sizing in my stock carb, what size jets to put in, etc, etc. A bit more reading to do I think and more questions prolly  ;D...Thanks guys  :2vrolijk_21:

You'll be drilling out the mixture adjustment screw to ba able to adjust the mixture. Kit has a heavier spring, and replaceable jets. Best way to get the jetting right is at the track or a dyno. There should be a range of jets to use on an 80" motor. Trial and error til ya get the fastest track time and good burning plugs! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  If it make you feel any better, a lot of what I did to my bike was started in much the same way.  This disease is definitely contagious. 

Potato sacks could get rough, but I'm not sure how bad cornbread and water would be.  Good cornbread is goooooooooood. ;D
[/b]

LOL...Cornbread be good....Especially with collards or T-Greens and hot suce; but, by itself with only water for about a week   :'(  that chit be makin your tummie explode  :o  ;D

RedFXR2

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »

Best way to get the jetting right is at the track or a dyno. There should be a range of jets to use on an 80" motor. Trial and error til ya get the fastest track time and good burning plugs! ;)

Hoist! 8)

My motor makeover a few years ago included re-jetting.  The Tech didn't need dynos or track time--he had a bunch of experience.  I bet your man Vern could pick jets blindfolded with ear plugs.

RedFXR2

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

LOL...Cornbread be good....but, by itself with only water for about a week   :'(  that chit be makin your tummie explode  :o  ;D

Blaine, it's been so long since I had good cornbread, I might be willing to run the risk.

elvislee

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

You'll be drilling out the mixture adjustment screw to ba able to adjust the mixture. Kit has a heavier spring, and replaceable jets. Best way to get the jetting right is at the track or a dyno. There should be a range of jets to use on an 80" motor. Trial and error til ya get the fastest track time and good burning plugs! ;)

Hoist! 8)

There we go...I wasn't sure what the kit came with as far as jet sizes. So, they vary in size for the particular motor; in this case the EVO  :2vrolijk_21:
Got a fairly good grip on the trial and error part from all the reading of various links and sites I was refered too; just didn't grasp the jet sizing part of the equation. I was tryin to picture in my head how the kit manufacture knows which jets to include when I order; but, I gather because the stock motors are all jetted basically the same depending on year , model, etc; the manufacture knows this and provides varying sizes larger/smaller than the stock jets for the builder to work with.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:48:55 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »

Blaine, it's been so long since I had good cornbread, I might be willing to run the risk.

My FAVORITE cornbread.............FRIED SOPPED IN COLLARD JUICE with HOT SAUCE...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:32 PM »

My motor makeover a few years ago included re-jetting.  The Tech didn't need dynos or track time--he had a bunch of experience.  I bet your man Vern could pick jets blindfolded with ear plugs.

An experienced guy can prolly get the jetting spot on or within 1 size either way for sure! Just like even I know that you use a 28 or 29.5 intermmediate and an 68 or 70 on the main jet on an S&S Super E carb on an 80" Evo. But if you've never done it, the only way is trial and error. I'm sure someone could recommend which jets to start off with on a stock Evo. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »

My FAVORITE cornbread.............FRIED SOPPED IN COLLARD JUICE with HOT SAUCE...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :2vrolijk_21:

Jenny Craig just passed out. ;D

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm. :drink:

elvislee

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »

Jenny Craig just passed out. ;D
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm. :drink:

Oh no!...Ms. Jenny better never come to my house; she be  :vrolijk27: Like  :zwtf:  ;D

Hey...Maybe that's why when look down I can't see my belt buckle  :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »

Oh no!...Ms. Jenny better never come to my house; she be  :vrolijk27: Like  :zwtf:  ;D

Hey...Maybe that's why when look down I can't see my belt buckle  :nixweiss:

STJ! Everything you wanted know about cornbread but were afraid to ask!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

http://cornbreadlove.ning.com/

Hoist! 8)

RedFXR2

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »

STJ! Everything you wanted know about cornbread but were afraid to ask!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

http://cornbreadlove.ning.com/

Hoist! 8)

Mama didn't need no website.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

Mama didn't need no website.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Well, I always wondered why they never put any icing on that white cake! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

Elvislee.........

This might also help you a little bit with your 'mental image'

While it is written for the Mikuni carb, a very large portion of it applies to 'basic carb' functionality

it's a SHORT READ, with drawings  :D

http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:48:24 AM by fxr4mikey »
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

elvislee

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »

Elvislee.........

This might also help you a little bit with your 'mental image'

While it is written for the Mikuni carb, a very large portion of it applies to 'basic caurb' functionality

it's a SHORT READ, with drawings  :D

http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm

Now how did you know?    ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.