Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 18 or 21 Fronts Revisited?  (Read 1761 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
18 or 21 Fronts Revisited?
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

OK its been awhile now, for those of you that have replaced your 16" front with either an 18 or 21, and possibly your rear.  What are your opinions now that you have had time to ride on them and please include what your sizes are.  Thanks
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

hogasm

Re: 18 or 21 Fronts Revisited?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:15:08 AM »

OK its been awhile now, for those of you that have replaced your 16" front with either an 18 or 21, and possibly your rear.  What are your opinions now that you have had time to ride on them and please include what your sizes are.  Thanks

Are you interested in selling your rims off the 04 if you change. I want to go back to stock.

Not an in town rider, so finding tires on the road for the 18 rear and 21 front are not too easy.

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »

103Eagle check in with 04screamin. He has a fine SEEG with with 18R/21F setup with more than 10K miles.  His bike looks great.  He told me he loves them and mostly rides 2 Up.  Send a PM if he dosen't chime in.  Nice friendly guy.  My .02    Randy

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »

Thanks, I sent a pm to 04screamin.  I hope more guys chime in here.  Really want as many opinions from users as possible.  Thanks! Oh and no I won't be selling my 04 wheels.
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 07:05:40 PM »

Thanks, I sent a pm to 04screamin.  I hope more guys chime in here.  Really want as many opinions from users as possible.  Thanks! Oh and no I won't be selling my 04 wheels.

That is too bad.....they would look good on my scoot :2vrolijk_21:

04screamin

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTSC SCREAMIN EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE BLACK & BLUE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE SCREAMIN EAGLE STREET GLIDE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »

Sent you pm. but forgot one thing!!   

I have to agree with hogasm, finding tires that size on the road is hard, I bought an extra front and rear tire, just in case I run into a problem on the road, I can have someone come over to my house and overnight it to me. Still will be down a day!

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23:27 PM »

Sent you pm. but forgot one thing!!   

I have to agree with hogasm, finding tires that size on the road is hard, I bought an extra front and rear tire, just in case I run into a problem on the road, I can have someone come over to my house and overnight it to me. Still will be down a day!

I did the same thing....have spares at the house incase.

Never fails though that my 2 flats on the road have occurred Saturday afternoon and could not get one till Monday.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »

This was a great concern also although I carry a stop and go tire plugger kit.  I guess in the event of a "non catastrophic" failure, I would just plug it, hope to get to a dealer and maybe have them patch it from the inside till I could get a new tire.  Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate the input.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.