Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Dyno Test! Stock 09 110 with Headpipe and 2.0 Baffles.  (Read 32831 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Fullsac Dyno Test! Stock 09 110 with Headpipe and 2.0 Baffles.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 09:50:48 AM »

Steve the collector/Xover on your new replacement pipe looks like it should scavenge somewhat like a 2-1 pipe, looks really nice.  :2vrolijk_21:

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »

Just scored a stock header with heat shields take off brand new '09 Street Glide from my dealer not free but $50 works for me.Will I be a lot leaner now I have SERT and download for fullsac 2" Baffles already installed, and the bike does run a little rich  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:20:51 AM by SERG3 »

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »

Just scored a stock header with heat shields take off brand new '09 Street Glide from my dealer not free but $50 works for me.Will I be a lot leaner now I have SRT and download for fullsac 2" Baffles already installed, and the bike does run a little rich  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Good score on the pipe! When I removed the cat, the AFR at WOT throttle moved 1 full number leaner. If your at 12.5 and go to 13.5 you will be fine. If your at 14.5 and go to 15.5, not so good. The closed loop will remain unchanged.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

blw

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:29 PM »

Steve, I have your 1.75 baffles installed and cc removed in my 09 SERG, I am having a SERT installed tomorrow. Can you send or direct me on what map to have the tech use.  Thanks,  BW

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »

Steve, I have your 1.75 baffles installed and cc removed in my 09 SERG, I am having a SERT installed tomorrow. Can you send or direct me on what map to have the tech use.  Thanks,  BW

Blw,

I'm not Steve.... Did you remove ALL of the cat ? or partial drill out only ? Makes a difference....That will play with AFR during tune.
My .02

Ride Safe

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

blw

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 10:17:33 PM »

Mr. D, Partial drill out of the cat.          BW

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »

Mr. D, Partial drill out of the cat.          BW

BW,

MHO... I would find a '09 96" non-cat headpipe that you can purchase or remove the remain in your head pipe (Labor intense) Before spending the man hours of tuning the SERT ?
We spend all the bucks on the ride and it should be nothing shy of perfect  :2vrolijk_21:

Steve.... I'll let you take it from here since the question was yours from the start.

Ride Safe and GOD Bless.... 
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 10:32:28 AM »

I had a positive experience with Steve at Fullsac yesterday. I trailered my 09 CVO Ultra to Steve's shop to have his mod done, i.e., chop my head pipe in half at the collector, remove 100% of the cat c, weld it back together, and remove stock baffles and reinstall his 2 inch baffles in my bike. The entire job took 3 hours and I didn't have to do it! Didn't have to buy drill bits, no putting my drill in the freezer to cool it down, no frustration, and you get 100% of the cc removed.

I only had 300 miles on the bike prior to the conversion so I didn't open up the throttle to 100% when I rode it after he was done. I put on 60 miles within a few hours of the conversion. While Steve was doing his work on the exhaust, he gave me a MAP file I used to flash into my ECM by using my TTS dongle I recently bought. By the way, Steve also sells the TTS products and I could have gotten a better deal if I would have bought mine from him. The MAP file he gave me was from an 09 CVO RG that he had recently dyno tuned after doing the same conversion so although not perfect for my bike, it has to be pretty close to what I needed. Steve offered to tune my bike with his dynojet but with only 300 miles since new I didn't want to yet.

With this background above, let me just say I was stunned at the improved low end torque and overall performance I felt when riding when I was a bit aggressive on the throttle. The sound was nice too. I'm pleased with my choice of the 2 inch baffles, too. I'm pretty sure Steve told me there is no real difference in performance between the 1.75, 2 and 2.25 inch baffles he sells (at least for my stock engine), they just get louder as the size increases. The sound of the 2 inch Fullsac baffle is similar to my 08 CVO Road King with Rinehart true duals. However, even with the limited riding on my Ultra after the conversion/mod, when comparing performance between the two bikes, my 09 Ultra seems to have significantly improved power and performance over my 08 SERK. Granted, I don't have any charts or numbers for quantitative comparison, but I sure felt the difference in power and passing when riding.

Steve's dyno room looks modern and well done. I wish I could have dyno tuned my bike because I have confidence in Steve's abilities, service, and care for his customers. I would have also liked to see if the stock air filter is limiting power and whether a higher flow filter would help eek out any more performance. Maybe in a few months I can find an excuse to ride down and visit him again and fully tune it.

This modification adds nice performance at a minimal cost, and what's really appealing, is I get to keep the redesigned MoCo pipes that keep the heat away from the rider and passenger. The new baffles sound great, too. I'd recommend Fullsac's mod to those who have 2009 CVO touring bikes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:54:51 PM by rheiner »

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

Sorry but!!

:worthless:

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

I would start with a stage 1 map for AC and mufflers and tune from there.

Steve

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »

I was under the impression that 4 inch mufflers interfere with the rear axle.  Was I misinformed?  Thanks
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »

The correction factor is determined by the weather station built in to the dyno. 1.20 sounds about right for high elevations common in Colorado. It means 20% was added to the actual power output to correct it back to see level. .95 would mean the dyno software removed 5 hp from a 100 hp run. My dyno sits at 1100' elevation. The runs I did last week were seeing a correction of 1.02-1.03. Its not something a dyno operator has control over or should attempt to manipulate. The most acurate testing is always done back to back in very simular conditions so the correction factor is very close. 1.19 and 1.20 are very close. The most important thing on any dyno chart is the torque line. Its the only thing related to actual riding. Comparing runs that were done weeks or months apart is ballpark at best regardless of the correction factor. 

Steve

I just read through two pages of HP numbers and finally, TQ comes into the conversation.  That's what really counts on street riding a bagger...... :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

NW_FLSTRSE3_2009

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O&B
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »

Just scored a stock header with heat shields take off brand new '09 Street Glide from my dealer not free but $50 works for me.Will I be a lot leaner now I have SERT and download for fullsac 2" Baffles already installed, and the bike does run a little rich  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Thats awesome, I have found me a stock head pipe w/o a cat too.  I am going for the exact same setup you are.  Let me know what you think.  I sent you a pm.  Thanks!!!
Servin our Country since 1980.
USMC 1980-1992
Since then workin on the border...

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »

Steve, Will you offer the new 09 X-pipe in Jethot coating and chrome heat shields?
RC

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:37 PM »

Steve, Will you offer the new 09 X-pipe in Jethot coating and chrome heat shields?
RC

It will be Ceramic coated with Jet Hot, But no shields, uses the stock ones.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.