Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pre-Sturgis  (Read 2736 times)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Pre-Sturgis
« on: February 26, 2004, 11:49:20 AM »

This year, I'm heading to Sturgis the week before to avoid the gas lines, and am then heading west to Wyoming and then south, through Colorado to Texas.  Then swooping over through Oklahoma City and up to the KC factory for a tour.  Then home.  Should be a good trip.  Any ideas on where to go exactly?  I'm hitting Rocky Mountain National Park, and Pikes Peak.  Then the bombing memorial in OK City.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Pre-Sturgis
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 11:59:41 AM »

If you've never been to Yellowstone....that place is incredable.  Moose, buffalo, and all kinds of other wildlife everywhere!  Right in the middle of the road.....you gotta see it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 12:10:07 PM »

This year, I'm heading to Sturgis the week before to avoid the gas lines, and am then heading west to Wyoming and then south, through Colorado to Texas.

hummer

• Rineharts, K&N, flash worth every penny paid.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 06:13:08 PM »

Doc,  I did a similar trip last year and tried to tour the factory in KC.  They said they needed more notice than I gave them so call ahead as soon as you know when you'd like to tour.  

jdwayne

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 04:25:53 PM »

let me know what you thought of yellowstone. scenry is great but its a long ways to travel to sit in traffic. j.d.    [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 08:57:28 AM »

Gotta hit bear tooth pass on the way in or out of yellowstone its one awesome ride.  Takes up to 10,000ft and is a stunning scenic ride.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 12:59:08 PM »

let me know what you thought of yellowstone. scenry is great but its a long ways to travel to sit in traffic. j.d.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
  • 05 SE Glide,,,niceeee eeeeee
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:11:29 AM »

hey Dcc...dont know if you have been there, but I always go the week before  and stay just down the road from Mt Rushmore at a KOA.   Anyway,,,there is Iron Mountian Rd and Needles Highway, both close to Rushmore.   GREAT bike roads. Also hit the Wildlife Loop in the same area.   just dont mess with the Buffalo, they dont seem to like Harleys much.

Tom

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 10:11:12 AM »

hey Dcc...dont know if you have been there, but I always go the week before

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.