Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: ORIGINAL EXHAUSTS.  (Read 10156 times)

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
ORIGINAL EXHAUSTS.
« on: February 26, 2004, 05:52:41 PM »

Are all of us keeping them??  Is it best to save them if the bike is sold?? suggestions please!!  thanks....
stock for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: ORIGINAL EXHAUSTS.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:08:30 PM »

I'll be keeping mine.  I have some federal EPA news to post, when I get home.  I look at it as a good thing for at least several more years.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:58:32 AM »

I always keep mine.  It has helped me both in selling bikes and trading them in the past.
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 09:08:59 AM »

In 1969 I bought a Yanko Camaro and took many of the stock parts off, my Dad insisted that I keep everything, he said someday you'll wish you did.  Short story, I still have the Yanko and it's back just like the the day I bought it.

I really think that we should keep all the orginal parts, we'll wish we did.

Black Dog
2004 FLHTCSE

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 01:31:02 PM »

Keep 'em regardless...I know it takes up space...but everyone is right about wishing you had.  I sold a bunch of my Road King stuff...then when it was time to sell...oops.  You actually get more resale for a stock bike.  Amazing huh?  People want to customize them themselves very often.

Zen

• Screaming thru the twistys
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 12:35:59 PM »

I sold mine on E bay for over $200 bucks.
Zen

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 01:04:26 PM »

It is a YENKO Camaro.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 02:19:45 PM »

Now I'm going to have two sets, one off of the 2004 and one of of this new 2005.  Any others have luck selling theirs on e-Bay?
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

SPAAZ1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 03:32:13 PM »

I HAVE A FXR2 AND SINCE ALL THE PARTS ARE FACTORY INSTALLED YOU BET I WILL KEEP THEM IF I EVER DECIDE TO SELL AND THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN I CAN RETURN IT TO FACTORY SPECS.      GOOD QUESTION KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP  SPAAZ1999   [smiley=laugh.gif]
SPAAZ1999

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 04:40:40 PM »

I traded a 03 SERK for my 04 SEEG and had Rinehart exhaust on the Road King. I took the Rineharts off and put the stock exhaust back on because the dealer wasnt giving me any more for the bike because it had a upgraded exhaust. The Rineharts are now on my SEEG and I saved the $700 on another system because I had keep them. delnel [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 05:55:14 PM »

Here's a neat, and cheap trick on the Harley touring pipes that come OEM  - -

Kerker used to make all the cores for Harley for a time; they still make aftermarket core inserts that fit right into the mufflers; a mild step-up called 'Standard Cores' at about $65, and louder free-er flowing 'Mikuni Cores' at about $85.

I prefer and use the latter. All in my OEM housings...heh-heh

eddieboy [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
eddieboy

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 06:13:01 PM »

Do you know where these cores can be purchased? Are they availble through Drag or Custom Chrome? Is the removal of the old baffles easy?

Here's a neat, and cheap trick on the Harley touring pipes that come OEM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 06:34:22 PM »

Here's a neat, and cheap trick on the Harley touring pipes that come OEM
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 06:26:41 PM »

Right thru either catalog. Coudn't be easier to install - - you'll be shocked!

Do you know where these cores can be purchased? Are they availble through Drag or Custom Chrome? Is the removal of the old baffles easy?

eddieboy

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 06:28:36 PM »

Contact Mike Savidge, who rights the column opposite mine, on Cyber connections, and tell him all about it. tell him I sent 'ya!

[smiley=smoking.gif]

If you expect us to keep reading your column in Thunder Press, you can't be sitting on this kind of information untill after we've turned our wallets inside out. [smiley=furious.gif]

Seriously Eddie, we appreciate this kind of information on this site and I thank you.

However, I still haven't read where you've mentioned this site in your column.
eddieboy

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »

Contact Mike Savidge, who rights the column opposite mine, on Cyber connections, and tell him all about it. tell him I sent 'ya!

[smiley=smoking.gif]

Done!  Thanks Eddie! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 09:34:35 AM »

A point that should be considered  is not only money but heat.  The stock harley pipes that converge on your right side and blow off all that heat into your crotch.   Isn't so bad in a mid temperature climate, but when you live in a hot climate the heat can be quite something to deal with.

To really get a feel for this rent a harley in las vegas during the summer and ride around town for an hour.  (if you can take it) You will be convinced quickly.  

By storing away your stock pipes and putting on something like the BUB Pipes (Rineharts) or the WhiteBrothers E-Series you can pick up some horsepower and relieve that heat problem.  There are other pipes that do the same, but I have chosen these as my poison of choice.  

A side note: depending on where and when you bought your Rhineharts they can come with either a 2 1/4 or a 2 1/2 inch baffle inside the pipe.  To tell which you have you have to pull off the black cones on the end  of the pipe to be able to tell which you have.   If you have a 103 or under you most definately want to be sure you have the 2 1/4 cores it will hurt your horsepower.   My understanding is BUB is now only shipping the 2 1/4 to dealers and the 2 1/2 are an upgrade or special order.

For the horsepower nuts you might find this interesting some racers i know have a 124 Road King that they use for drag racing on the circuit they have chosen to go back to the 2 1/4 baffles for the track as the 2 1/2 hurt their numbers and eta's.   In my case the 2 1/2 seem to help my numbers a bit.  Only reasons I didnt want to go to the Mountain Baffle on the E Pipe was because I wanted the sleeper look back for my ultra and the fact that the Rhineharts were much quieter for talking on the bike / stereo until you got on them, was definately an appealing fact.  

Ride Safe,
-Unbalanced
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 02:25:08 PM »

I liked your old icon of the bouncing biker-babe MUCH better than the Halloween-like apparition you now use, BTW.

Mike Savidge's e-mail address for his Wired Wheels column is : wiredwheels@yahoo.com. Tell him I like and use your website!

-e

l

If you expect us to keep reading your column in Thunder Press, you can't be sitting on this kind of information untill after we've turned our wallets inside out. [smiley=furious.gif]

Seriously Eddie, we appreciate this kind of information on this site and I thank you.

However, I still haven't read where you've mentioned this site in your column.
eddieboy
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.