Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!  (Read 49982 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

That's a wierd reflection
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »

That's a wierd reflection

That alsmost looks like the same way the original seat started out.  The longer you ride on it and sit there the seat separated more.  Hopefully as time rides on this will have been a good fix from the moco!  Thanks for sharing!

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »

Front seam to rear seam - 30.5"

Sounds like a stock seat to me. Mine is right around 30" but it ain't new -- the sag in the seat pan probably eats up that extra half inch.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »

I agree to the logic of ridin time will tell.  I was at the dealer today to get the new software update for the ABS, but I didn't question the service rep. to the information he had on the seat fix.

I now wish I would have never gotten involved in this evil motorcycle world. At least I should have looked more into the Hondas or Yamahas. Every time I find a hobby I become the hydrant to the more experienced dogs. This baby's going right on Craigslist. :confused5:

PSYCHE :) :)

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more. (Mark Twain)

Don 
Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

I've put on a couple of hundred miles and the seat still looks good.

I talked to the service rep and mentioned the concern of the product numbers and a new seat as being a line of Chit I was being fed.

He claims he read of the fix, the problem being the seat mfg made the seat for the old frame style length. They corrected but kept the same number since it is still the STOCK seat. (Had same number issues with other products.)  He researched this as he has the same problem with his seat. (Seems like a Good Ole Boy to me and has always done right by me.)

The new seat has more tension trying to fit the seats' front female slot over the frames' male bracket. (Ridin Cowboy) Much more secure than the old seat.

I will be going to Metal Dragon tomorrow and will get Jim's opinion. He seems to take pride in his knowledge and work regarding these matters and I trust him. The worst he can say is "ride it and see what it does"!

Get the dealer to order a new seat in case his inventory is the old seat. It only takes a few days to ship and 10 mins to install.

Blazo, Sounds like a stock seat to me. Mine is right around 30" but it ain't new -- the sag in the seat pan probably eats up that extra half inch.

Try measuring from the front to the slot.  I laid the seat on its top, used a square to the floor and measured level to the slot. (4.5 inches) I don't want to dictate another man's schedule but why not go get another seat if you don't have a warranty issue and let us know.

Let me know if I can further assist anyone in this matter. It's what we do for each other.

Has anybody else replaced theirs recently?
Semper Fi

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:03 AM »

I'm on my second seat already and the dealer doesn't want to get me another. I'll let them know what you've said when I go in for the frame bumpers. Got an email from my dealer today regarding the frame bumpers. They said that almost as soon as the bumpers were released, they went on back order. A set has been ordered for me but who knows when I'll get it.

I've put on a couple of hundred miles and the seat still looks good.

I talked to the service rep and mentioned the concern of the product numbers and a new seat as being a line of Chit I was being fed.

He claims he read of the fix, the problem being the seat mfg made the seat for the old frame style length. They corrected but kept the same number since it is still the STOCK seat. (Had same number issues with other products.)  He researched this as he has the same problem with his seat. (Seems like a Good Ole Boy to me and has always done right by me.)

The new seat has more tension trying to fit the seats' front female slot over the frames' male bracket. (Ridin Cowboy) Much more secure than the old seat.

I will be going to Metal Dragon tomorrow and will get Jim's opinion. He seems to take pride in his knowledge and work regarding these matters and I trust him. The worst he can say is "ride it and see what it does"!

Get the dealer to order a new seat in case his inventory is the old seat. It only takes a few days to ship and 10 mins to install.

Try measuring from the front to the slot.  I laid the seat on its top, used a square to the floor and measured level to the slot. (4.5 inches) I don't want to dictate another man's schedule but why not go get another seat if you don't have a warranty issue and let us know.

Let me know if I can further assist anyone in this matter. It's what we do for each other.

Has anybody else replaced theirs recently?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2010, 03:36:57 AM »

The third seat was better for me but no answer because of the bumpers (i sent a mail to my dealer).
Anyway the stock (third ) seat is hanging at the garage-wall. I don`t use it .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »

I stopped by Metal Dragon in Hayward and had Jim (HD-Dude) look at the new replacement seat and give an opinion.  He thought it felt much tighter and an improvement over the old seat. He pushed into the seat with his fist and pulled out on the front. Of course he said "Ride it and see what it does!".

I'm out the door to go to Death Valley, 11 hours ridin to get there. We'll see how it is after I get back.

Thanks for checking the seat and for some oil Jim.

Blazo, I see your dilemma with having had one replaced already. (If this happened early on you may have gotten the older version if they have a new and old) Just go to another dealer in your area and get another! (Just kidding around with you because we have about six dealers in our area!)

Have the Service Rep call Faultline Harley Davidson and talk to the Service Rep there.
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2010, 01:38:24 AM »

Did an 1100 mile ride Wed - Fri of last week. The seat is still looking fine and has not pulled away at all.

Left the Bay Area Wed afternoon, temp in 70's to Delano, CA. Left Delano Thur morning on Hwy 155 across the Sierras where there was still snow and road is windy to Lake Isabella, continuing on to Death Valley where temp was supposed to be in the upper 80's, continued on to Tonopah, NV 9:30 pm where temp was in the 30's. Left Tonopah Fri morning temp in 30's, up to I-80 west to Truckee, CA temp in 40's for a couple of hours, into Sacramento in upper 60's then back home at 8:30 pm. Various temps and road conditions that directly impacted the seat did not change the fit.
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »

The dealership (Faultline Harley Davidson) installed bumpers under the seat today as the fix per the current bulletin issued last week.  This fix actually pushes the seat up on the console about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. There is literally no sag at all now when I sit.  This was after a new seat a few weeks ago.

Install a surprise to me as I had the bike in to get new rubber seals for the fairing.
Semper Fi

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.