Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 3 bag windshield bag problem  (Read 6258 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: 3 bag windshield bag problem
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 08:44:16 AM »

.........I put a mark on my windshield .......................to be.  It looks like a stone chip ........................ Now I have a defective bike.  Time to trade it in.

Now you have a bike like most of them here, And now you don't have to worry about that first scratch  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »

WELL IM WAY OUT IN WEST BOCA..some nice people still out there...   wish i  havent heard from my ex in 17 yrs. that would be a wonderful thing.  we had 35 degrees here this week,,, little chilly (even for an ex ny er). so let me know when you get this way,   we can ride!!!

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:06 AM »

Hello,
i really wondered about installation problems with OEM parts 8)
I use the 3 pocket for the standard, and the 2 pocket for the short wshield. At the first time i have had a little problem too, but now it takes a 5 minutes to change all.
Ride safe

Thomas
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »

WELL IM WAY OUT IN WEST BOCA..some nice people still out there...   wish i  havent heard from my ex in 17 yrs. that would be a wonderful thing.  we had 35 degrees here this week,,, little chilly (even for an ex ny er). so let me know when you get this way,   we can ride!!!

The last I knew, the ex was living in West Boca also.  I don't remember Boca ever getting to 35 degrees.  The last home I owned there...the heat didn't work and I never worried about it.  I just decided "who cares about heat in Boca".  If I ever get myself down that way, I'll get in touch before the trip.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 09:34:47 PM »

sounds great      we re heading to daytona in 2 weeks,,, looking forward to that,

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »

sounds great      we re heading to daytona in 2 weeks,,, looking forward to that,

I was really hoping to have everything completed on my bike in time for Daytona, but it's not looking real promising at this point.  My pipes and taillamps are both on backorder. If they should arrive by early next week, I may still be able to pull it off, but I'm guessing that's being overly optimistic.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »

Actually, I got a little upset.  I put a mark on my windshield trying to put one of the screws in.  I had the windshield too far down in and there's a mark visible now when the windshield was set in place back up where it was supposed to be.  It looks like a stone chip just near the outer edge of the windshield just above the fairing.  Now I have a defective bike.  Time to trade it in.
You have to use your imagination.Most of my friends that ride are like the fisherman I know.They have the best stories. The scratch was from a close encounter with an ...alien tractor beam that missed..nah

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM »

well toss some pipes on it, and a brake light and get down here.. :drink:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 11:49:09 PM »

well toss some pipes on it, and a brake light and get down here.. :drink:

Still no pipes in sight.  I can do the brake lights anytime, but I'm not going to take off until I get the pipes and dyno.  They told me "maybe they'll be here sometime next week".   At this point, I have to concede any trailering spots, so I'd have to get the bike together and be able to find a gap in the weather here to sneak out, and ride the whole way.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I'm making a spur of the moment trip.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 07:59:24 AM »

Dude,
I had he same problems with my 2 bag pouch on the 07 SEUC. 
These bags were not made to go on bikes with the leather dash pad because it jams the bags into the windshield.
I too had to use some ingenuity and make it work.  Sure is nice having that extra space for the little things.

Tim

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »

What was the problem?  Why was it so difficult to put the windshield back on?  I'm curious.  I've never had a problem on four different baggers.

I'm riding an 04 Electra Glide, so I keep the cord that goes from my 2730 Street Pilot to the Auxillary in.........to listen to my XM over the bike speakers.  That's a short cord.  I also keep a long coil cord that goes from the XM to my Nolan N-102 helmet so I can listen to it in my helmet if I'm alone.

On the distance rides I always keep an energy bar in there.  I have gum, mints, and a bottle of 5 Hour Energy .......just because at my age we need a little help sometimes. ;D

As far as the bag for the luggage rack.......I'd suggest one of the newer style that has the handles and wheels.  Makes it real handy at the hotel after a long days riding.  Terrie just got the new Kuryakn Gran Traveler for her Street Glide and she says it's the best mod done to her bike..........  http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/13/scID/27/IMID/682
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:02:29 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »

What was the problem?  Why was it so difficult to put the windshield back on?  I'm curious.  I've never had a problem on four different baggers.

I'm riding an 04 Electra Glide, so I keep the cord that goes from my 2730 Street Pilot to the Auxillary in.........to listen to my XM over the bike speakers.  That's a short cord.  I also keep a long coil cord that goes from the XM to my Nolan N-102 helmet so I can listen to it in my helmet if I'm alone.

On the distance rides I always keep an energy bar in there.  I have gum, mints, and a bottle of 5 Hour Energy .......just because at my age we need a little help sometimes. ;D

As far as the bag for the luggage rack.......I'd suggest one of the newer style that has the handles and wheels.  Makes it real handy at the hotel after a long days riding.  Terrie just got the new Kuryakn Gran Traveler for her Street Glide and she says it's the best mod done to her bike..........  http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/13/scID/27/IMID/682

It's difficult because the bags are where the windshield is supposed to be and with the flexibility of the windshield, it just makes it difficult to get all 3 tabs in line while forcing it back against the bags.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »

The darn leather dash pad is the culprit in the problem.  Doesnt let the bag sit low enough and jams it right into the windshield making for difficulty in buttoning up the fairing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.