Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Modifying the stock headpipe for more power!  (Read 33109 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Modifying the stock headpipe for more power!
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

I got a set of headers off a guy for free who put true duals on his UC.  I installed them yesterday but didn't have time to change out the baffles, I have a set of fullsacs still in the box waiting for me.  I was going to tackle the baffles today but it was so pretty out I had to ride.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, maybe it's real, one thing is for sure, I noticed a difference today especially with low speed throttle response.  After about 50 miles or so I began to notice a throatier sound, even more noticable at end of ride , 225 miles.  I'm not sure if I'm doing any damage running it without tuning it, I've read that it is set to run very lean.  My plan is to install the baffles then take it to a nearby dealer for a SSERT and a dyno tune.

I've had my bike since 02/28 and hit 2,500 miles today - I've got to tell you, it's an incredible machine. 

I had 2,500 miles in the first month.  You gotta get out and ride a little. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:37 AM »

Please pardon a couple of, well, newbie questions here...
I have an '09 SEFB. Bone stock.
I cannot bear the silence of the mufflers (Clariiiice...) and I see a chance here to reverse some power loss. I'm breaking it in stock so the stealership can't cry.
My questions are:
 - My 110 gets hot fast, rode in 60F weather last weekend and sitting at a light for 10 seconds caused that engine heat management "lope". Cat cutout and baffles would mean a new tuner for sure, right? Or a new engine quickly with EPA map?
 - Will the cat work cause one to fail at the emissions station?
 - Lastly, can owners and users of the 2.25 baffles indicate how loud they really are? I've only been able to search out vids with smaller dia ones. The last scooter set off surrounding car alarms when started. Yeah, I'm one of them.

Any help is appreciated, a kick in the ass if I missed something obvious.
 ;D

**** EDIT ****

Sorry for the resurrection, just realized this thread is six weeks old.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:57:35 AM by Occam »

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »

Tha CAT won`t cause a fail at  the emission-test because they cannot really messure it .
 They only check whether the CO2 is above 4.5 by volume
, and the CAT will worsen the number from stock about 0.95 to CATless maybe around 1.05 .
So , no panic about that .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

how cooler would a it run

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »

Tha CAT won`t cause a fail at  the emission-test because they cannot really messure it .
 They only check whether the CO2 is above 4.5 by volume
, and the CAT will worsen the number from stock about 0.95 to CATless maybe around 1.05 .
So , no panic about that .

Thanks for the response.
I was hoping that was the case; now the options have really opened up.
:)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 10:07:03 AM »

It sounds like your primary concern is running cooler and performance.  Steve has posted a dyno sheet somewhere on here that shows the 2.25 baffle performing less HP and TQ than the other two.  The 2.0 baffle performed best, with the 1.75 baffle a little less and the 2.25 baffle considerably less.

If you're just wanting to have an obnoxiously loud exhaust, go with Thunderheader.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »

It sounds like your primary concern is running cooler and performance.  Steve has posted a dyno sheet somewhere on here that shows the 2.25 baffle performing less HP and TQ than the other two.  The 2.0 baffle performed best, with the 1.75 baffle a little less and the 2.25 baffle considerably less.

If you're just wanting to have an obnoxiously loud exhaust, go with Thunderheader.
now why would any of us want to be obnoxious ? :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

myrptr

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSEI3 Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Blue
    • CVO3: 2002 Road King Black , 1994 Heritage Classic Aqua, 2010 48 Sportster
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

I found a stock head pipe 09 FLH, Klock Werks 4" Revolvers, Dyno Jet Power Commander V, dyno tune. I lost my heat problem gained 15hp and 18 torque. Also have all stock parts ready to bolt back on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:13:02 PM by myrptr »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.