Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S.E. 6 speed trans.  (Read 2241 times)

dickie

S.E. 6 speed trans.
« on: February 27, 2004, 05:13:22 PM »

Has anyone researched why the new S.E. 6 speed trans does not fit in the hydraulic clutch equipped bikes. I have asked around locally and all I hear is speculation as to why not, but so far no technical answers.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: S.E. 6 speed trans.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 05:21:27 PM »

Dunno the mechanics of it, but I was just told that you can buy a full 6-spd tranny for most bikes.  However, with the hydraulic clutch, you actually just buy the gear set or basically a smaller part that goes into the tranny to upgrade it.  I know it sounds like I'm dumb here, and well, I am when it comes to this stuff.  But I went to the new bike orientation at my dealer and that's what they said.  Maybe it's not out yet, but they said that a 6-spd was going to be possible for the hydraulic clutch soon.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »

The SE 6-speed used a similar trap door assembly as the 5-speed. HD devleoped a new clutch actuator which makes room for the extra gears. Since the hydraulic clutch uses a 5-speed compatible actuator, it won't work with the SE trans. I have a Baker 6-speed with Andrews pro-cut gears and the hydraulic clutch on my bike. It's a little more expensive, but it's a dream.
Butter...butter...butter...butter..................

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:21 PM »

The SE 6-speed used a similar trap door assembly as the 5-speed. HD devleoped a new clutch actuator which makes room for the extra gears. Since the hydraulic clutch uses a 5-speed compatible actuator, it won't work with the SE trans. I have a Baker 6-speed with Andrews pro-cut gears and the hydraulic clutch on my bike. It's a little more expensive, but it's a dream.
Butter...butter...butter...butter..................

And there's your answer.  I thought that I had posted the answer as to "when" somewhere else in here, when I got the email back for HD.  It will be available at some point, but they can't say when, right now.  It is due to the hydraulic clutch as indicated above.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 08:24:33 AM »

One would assume it will come on the 05 SEEG they need some new gizmo.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 07:54:29 PM »

One would assume it will come on the 05 SEEG they need some new gizmo.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.