Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Windvest Shields for our Road Glides!  (Read 32227 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Windvest Shields for our Road Glides!
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »

I tried the tallest WV winshield. I put it on the night before I left for Eureka Springs. All I can tell you that if your over 6' don't buy this shield. It was totally useless for me. At highway speeds I had to wear ear plugs because the buffeting was really bad. Even without the earplugs I could not hear the stereo above 50 mph. If anyone is interested in buying from me , give me a pm and we'll work it out. I should have known better. Anyway I just bought a Clearview GT-XX large. I'm 6-4" 32" inseam. So that means I have a long back. So anyone under 6' this WV shield might work out for them.......Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »

I tried the tallest WV winshield. I put it on the night before I left for Eureka Springs. All I can tell you that if your over 6' don't buy this shield. It was totally useless for me. At highway speeds I had to wear ear plugs because the buffeting was really bad. Even without the earplugs I could not hear the stereo above 50 mph. If anyone is interested in buying from me , give me a pm and we'll work it out. I should have known better. Anyway I just bought a Clearview GT-XX large. I'm 6-4" 32" inseam. So that means I have a long back. So anyone under 6' this WV shield might work out for them.......Fuzz
Hey Fuzz have you tried the new Kury shield for the RG??

Mike

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »

Hey Fuzz have you tried the new Kury shield for the RG??

Mike

No, I dont like the shape of the Kury. Not real crazy about the shape of the Clearview either, but I know the thing will work..........................Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »

I've only seen pictures. I've got the KW on mine. Its clear and at 50  or less its ok. But at 65-70 I think I would be better without it. At 6'2'' and 31" inseam I know about the long back issue. I was hoping the Kury screen might work for  me. It sounds like the Wind Vest is a bust as well??

:orange: :orange:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

Try the Kuryakyn, It beats out all others (CB,CV,KW) and looks the best IMO.  You can also clean all the way down behind it because of the bubble in the center.  It rises 14" and measures 20" from the center screw back.

Nice  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

Nice  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Doc
Hey Doc do you have the KURY? If so how does it look and perform and how tall are you and your inseam? Have you changed the stock seat?

Mike

swissroady

• CVO1: road glide 2009 yellow
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »

I am getting mad!!! the stock shield is crap! I already bought two shields, a cv gt medium and a cb 14''. I am 6.1''. both are still producing bad and strong low frequencies you rather feel than hear! getting pain in the...Then I started an experiment: without any shield: great!!! none of these bad vibrations!! the cb is just good with two persons on the bike.
I think I'm gona buy the third shiled: an kuryakin and I will shorten my stock to the minimum!?!
what are you thinking of this? best greetings from switzerland!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2009, 03:41:33 PM »

I am getting mad!!! the stock shield is crap! I already bought two shields, a cv gt medium and a cb 14''. I am 6.1''. both are still producing bad and strong low frequencies you rather feel than hear! getting pain in the...Then I started an experiment: without any shield: great!!! none of these bad vibrations!! the cb is just good with two persons on the bike.
I think I'm gona buy the third shiled: an kuryakin and I will shorten my stock to the minimum!?!
what are you thinking of this? best greetings from switzerland!
At this point I really clueless!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »

But then you will get the bees on your helmet
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

swissroady

• CVO1: road glide 2009 yellow
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

with the kyriakyn- shield? no bees I hope!  :bananarock:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »

Hey Doc do you have the KURY? If so how does it look and perform and how tall are you and your inseam? Have you changed the stock seat?

Mike

No not yet, but I'm cosidering it after seeing the pic. It seems like its low over the dash and comes up near the rider and looks great. I'm not too impressed with my CB and understand the dynamics a little better now to see how this might be the one that works. Doc

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

Yep its getting a little pricey just to buy stuff so I can let it sit in the corner.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »

Yep its getting a little pricey just to buy stuff so I can let it sit in the corner.

Man I hear ya, thinkin' about opening larryb's windshield/screen store. I am happy with the CV GT Stock WITH the recurve.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2009, 02:01:54 AM »

with the kyriakyn- shield? no bees I hope!  :bananarock:

No , without any shield , you`ll catch them .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »

Wow, I have a deposit on a 2010 cvo and I'm starting to question my desire for a SERGU as "THE ONE" I have to have. Can't  remember hearing  about so many problems with shields for glides...... Maybe there just weren't as many of us riding the roadglides till they became SEs again. I test drove a RG a couple weeks ago and the ride was great and i didn't notice the wind being a problem. Course it had the tall factory shield on it, and I didn't even turn the factory stero on. I do remember feeling like I was on a rail going through a turn on the freeway it was so smooth with no vibrations. At that point I was sure I wanted a SERGU.....now I'm having second thoughts. I know I love my home made SESG. So here we go decissions, decissions...... :nixweiss: :confused5:.... Jon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.