Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Does AAA cover bikes?  (Read 11541 times)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
Re: Does AAA cover bikes?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »

Ummm, if you ask anyone if they offer a AAA discount and they do, they seldom if ever ask for proof. Just ask anyway!

I was trying to pretend to be a stand up guy.   :P Actually, I have my Dad's number and we have the same name. So... If they ask...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 02:23:50 PM »

Too bad they don't provide HD discounts. Then we'd be in business!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 03:36:38 PM »

Too bad they don't provide HD discounts. Then we'd be in business!

Remember that thread about what we would like to see HOG do for us?  There's a good idea.  Negotiate some lower rates for hotels and in turn, HOG publishes them as biker-friendly hotels to send business their way.  Win-win situation, especially with vacancies on the uprise in this lousy economy.

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »

Won't happen... Harley already has a "biker firendly" deal with Best Western.  They pay HD to list them on their ride planner and we save nothing.  Hell of a deal, ain't it.  Seriously, try the HD website,Experience, Ride Planner and check the Hotel Option on.  They're all Best Westerns.  Now call one of them and ask if they give a Harley or HOG discount...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »

Won't happen... Harley already has a "biker firendly" deal with Best Western.  They pay HD to list them on their ride planner and we save nothing.  Hell of a deal, ain't it.  Seriously, try the HD website,Experience, Ride Planner and check the Hotel Option on.  They're all Best Westerns.  Now call one of them and ask if they give a Harley or HOG discount...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
I thought there was something awhile back about joining something w/them (Best Western) that would either give you discounts or you earned points or something. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »

Here it is - Best Western H-D Rider Rewards.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »

Here it is - Best Western H-D Rider Rewards.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Thanks D00d!  Great job as usual at finding things.  But Gary, seriously... Do you practice searching on the net or does it just come naturaly? LMAO!!!!

They brought it up at a HOG meeting awhile back, but on my trip out to the 105th sardine packing ceramony we stopped at a Best Western and they didn't know anything about it.  I guess I should've researched it online rather then relying on the Best Western employeee to tell me.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »

Thanks D00d!  Great job as usual at finding things.  But Gary, seriously... Do you practice searching on the net or does it just come naturaly? LMAO!!!!

They brought it up at a HOG meeting awhile back, but on my trip out to the 105th sardine packing ceramony we stopped at a Best Western and they didn't know anything about it.  I guess I should've researched it online rather then relying on the Best Western employeee to tell me.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
Just a natural talent. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I checked out the Best Western site yesterday.  You have to have 8000 points for a free night.  With 1000 points bonus for your first stay, that leaves you with only about 70 more nights to pay for before you get a free night out of them.  If you sign up, take down your member number, as they will not send you a card until after your first stay using the number.  They say that HD gets at least a 10% discounted rate...that doesn't seem like much either.  I'm thinking someone didn't do a real great job in negotiating this program with Best Western.

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »

I checked out the Best Western site yesterday.  You have to have 8000 points for a free night.  With 1000 points bonus for your first stay, that leaves you with only about 70 more nights to pay for before you get a free night out of them.  If you sign up, take down your member number, as they will not send you a card until after your first stay using the number.  They say that HD gets at least a 10% discounted rate...that doesn't seem like much either.  I'm thinking someone didn't do a real great job in negotiating this program with Best Western.
Yeah - I got to thinking a few minutes ago about that myself so I just called the local BW and requested a room rate.  Then I tried Travelocity.  My rate through Travelocity was 14% lower then the rate they quoted me on the phone.  So I can save 10% with an enrolled HD program or 14% without it...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »

Yeah - I got to thinking a few minutes ago about that myself so I just called the local BW and requested a room rate.  Then I tried Travelocity.  My rate through Travelocity was 14% lower then the rate they quoted me on the phone.  So I can save 10% with an enrolled HD program or 14% without it...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Did you ask them about the Harley rate?  I wonder what their AAA or AARP rate is.  I think if you keep hitting them with different questions like that, they'll either tell you they are all the same or they'll fold and give you a better rate.  I tried that a few months ago, and when they came down on their rate, I told the girl thanks, but the hotel down the street is still a little bit less.  She asked what their rate was, I made one up, and she said she would match it.  Done deal.

I recently rented a car from Avis.  The guy in front of me was turning in a car he apparently had for a while.  His bill was almost $1600.  Just as he was ready to hand over the cash, he asked if she gave him his company's corporate rate.  She checked the computer and then pulled out her calculator and told him that at his corporate rate, his bill would be somewhere up in the $2000's.  I don't know if these corporate discounts include some kind of major kickbacks at certain plateaus or what, but the corporate rates for car rentals and hotels seem to always be much higher than not going that route.  I used to travel over 90% of the time and I never found a corporate rate that made any sense.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »

I recently rented a car from Avis.  The guy in front of me was turning in a car he apparently had for a while.  His bill was almost $1600.  Just as he was ready to hand over the cash, he asked if she gave him his company's corporate rate.  She checked the computer and then pulled out her calculator and told him that at his corporate rate, his bill would be somewhere up in the $2000's.  I don't know if these corporate discounts include some kind of major kickbacks at certain plateaus or what, but the corporate rates for car rentals and hotels seem to always be much higher than not going that route.  I used to travel over 90% of the time and I never found a corporate rate that made any sense.

Yup, corporate rates are a scam, I always find cheaper rates at the same hotel than what we are "required" to use for corporate travel, but they won't let me book it on my own, so the corporate card gets overcharged everytime.  I just don't understand it.  My wife and I don't stay at cheap hotels when we travel, but we certainly get the best price we can for the places we do stay.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:48 AM »

However, Road America is a problem because they are reportedly very slow to pay their providers. If a wrecker service gets simultaneous call from Road America and AAA, they're going to take the AAA call. Also, many, many providers simply will not do business with Road America for this very reason. The ones who do moan, b!+ch & complain about the fact that they don't get paid very well.

Looks like nothing has changed in years.  Only time I ever called Road Am was in 2000 or 2001 and I had a battery short out and leave me stranded.  Nearest harley dealer was about 100 miles away but said he would come get me only if I paid up front and got reimbursed by Road Am due to their slow pay.  Moco & HOG should be able to do better than this but I guess they just don't give a chit.  Why should I expect more? :nixweiss:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »

Looks like nothing has changed in years.  Only time I ever called Road Am was in 2000 or 2001 and I had a battery short out and leave me stranded.  Nearest harley dealer was about 100 miles away but said he would come get me only if I paid up front and got reimbursed by Road Am due to their slow pay.  Moco & HOG should be able to do better than this but I guess they just don't give a chit.  Why should I expect more? :nixweiss:

While at Delmarva Bike Week (Ocean City, MD.) a friend got a flat pulling into our driveway at the house in Ocean Pines at which we were staying.  Only 5 miles from town.  It was 2 in the morning.  Called the H.O.G. number who literally said "What do want us to do?"  They wouldn't come out for him or anything.  Fortuneately he could crash at our place for the night.  The next day at noon we gave up waiting for them to show up and pulled his wheel, took to OC harley and got it fixed.  Thay had never been called by H.O.G. or Road Am or whover handles the calls.

Needless to say he called HOG and told them were to stick their membership fee.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:26 AM »

While at Delmarva Bike Week (Ocean City, MD.) a friend got a flat pulling into our driveway at the house in Ocean Pines at which we were staying.  Only 5 miles from town.  It was 2 in the morning.  Called the H.O.G. number who literally said "What do want us to do?"  They wouldn't come out for him or anything.  Fortuneately he could crash at our place for the night.  The next day at noon we gave up waiting for them to show up and pulled his wheel, took to OC harley and got it fixed.  Thay had never been called by H.O.G. or Road Am or whover handles the calls.

Needless to say he called HOG and told them were to stick their membership fee.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I stayed at Ocean Pines for Delmarva Bike Week this past year.  My neighbor owns 3 condos there.  Some of us stayed in one on the 9th hole of the golf course and the others stayed in one overlooking the marina.  He rides an 07 SEUC, so I had to outdo him and get the 09.  I'm looking forward to that ride again for this year, although I thought things were a bit too spread out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.