Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Must be done  (Read 1384 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Must be done
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:23:04 AM »

Well, I went to the tool box and alas, used the last of the heat shrink wrap, picked the solder coil, very low. went to the parts cart and could see the bottom of it, that pile of bolts, screws, washers, nuts is gone. HMMM this could mean only one thing, I'm done with my mods, oh sure, still got to install the Big Sucker and tune but thats ez.
The weather is breaking and lookin like 70's this weekend. I am using the Motto that works:
I DON'T DO FEAR; SCREW IT LET'S RIDE.
Note to self: pick up more shrink wrap and solder.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
Re: Must be done
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »

LarryB - if your done with your mods then it's time to buy a new bike.  I always find when I get my bike the way I want it another one appears on the horizon.  Funny how that works, huh?

Wildrat

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »

Are you using lead free solder? Are you using heat shrinkable splices and terminals? If not go to Lowe's or another supplier and get the ones that are translucent in color, not only are they heat shrinkable, they have sealant inside them that seal the connection when done correctly. Also don't put so much elbow grease into crimping the terminals and splices that you penetrate the insulation. As far as solder, I still prefer the leaded solder, but since most of the new circuit boards are using lead free, I am going to have to buy a couple pounds. Actually, I might order some now. If you want, I can give you the company I order from. They were about the cheapest I found on the net for the solder I wanted with just right amount of flow rate and hardening time and sizes. Also 3M has heat shrink that has about a .030 wall thickness, you can also get it with sealant inside it also so when it shrinks it will also seal out the elements. Anyway, get all this stuff and you will stay busy re-doing all your mods for awhile. It should postpone the buying of a new bike.

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »

....HMMM this could mean only one thing, I'm done with my mods....

Just getting started on mine. Did my passenger floorboards last night. Tour-Pak is next. Then Fullsac's and non-CVO header with Mastertune.

Next week, I'm giving the dealership a crack at the CB Radio and Intercom.

But, this weekend... RIDE-RIDE-RIDE!!!

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:32 AM »

Hey Rick, which did you put on?  Got a pic?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »

Rain here for the next few days.  The bike will get cleaned.  Larry, give us a complete list of what you've done and we'll surely have suggestions!   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

Of course, there's always something like this:  http://chicagoharley.com/shop/index.php?cPath=160&osCsid=fe11b5b4a6a55162395444fcc3d64072

No, I'm not!  No, I didn't....  I can dream though.   :)   :)

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »

MAN, THAT'S CRUEL...oh well, now I know what I want for next Xmas

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »

Rain here for the next few days.  The bike will get cleaned.  Larry, give us a complete list of what you've done and we'll surely have suggestions!   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

Of course, there's always something like this:  http://chicagoharley.com/shop/index.php?cPath=160&osCsid=fe11b5b4a6a55162395444fcc3d64072

No, I'm not!  No, I didn't....  I can dream though.   :)   :)

Get thee behind me, GregKhougaz!

RickC

• 1K CVO Member

• Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »

Hey Rick, which did you put on?  Got a pic?

I'll post a pic later tonight, but I installed the matching passenger floorboards on the adjustable mounts. Also, I included Soos' SK-3 kit which moves the passenger pegs out 3/4".

More details later...

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »

Get thee behind me, GregKhougaz!

I'll have to leave that to "California Dreamin'" for now, Rick.  But those dyno numbers sure look impressive.  Funny how I have no complaint re power nor need but would always love to have more!!  Go get 'em!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.