Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your Favorite Eating Places question  (Read 924 times)

Deerhead

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI
Your Favorite Eating Places question
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »

Hi All,
I’m looking to put some eating/riding together and if you’ve got a favorite place to eat please email me off line at CaptRehkopf@comcast.net Tell me the address/location, name and what type of food it has and what you like best. Is it a breakfast, lunch or dinner type place? Doesn’t matter where it is located but I intend to put it in a MapSource file so gdb format points would be a great help.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Robert

Here's what I've got so far, in Garmin Gdb format
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:28:52 AM by Deerhead »
Thanks
Robert
IBA Member #11042
1999 FXR3 Green
2000 FLTRSEI Triple Red (Gone but not forgotten)
2018 BMW R1200RT

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Your Favorite Eating Places question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:14:12 AM »

Mark's Landing right on Guilford Lake in Lisbon, OH.  Very biker friendly establishment with great food.  Lunchtime on a hot summer day and there's not much room for cars to park.  The place is literally filled with bikes.  Here's their website:  http://www.markslanding.com/Home_Page.html  It's probably in the range of a 100 mile ride for us from Pittsburgh, and they did a real nice job taking care of a group or about 30 or more of us.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:27 AM »

Jean Bonnet Tavern on Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) in Bedford, PA.  Historic stone restaurant along Route 30, which stretches across the entire state.  Another common stopping point for bikers to grab a meal.  I'm partial to their Hot Roast Beef and Gravy, but unfortunately, sometimes you have to remind them that Hot Roast Beef is supposed to be "hot" and Gravy means they aren't supposed to forget to give you the gravy.  Once you get them in line, not a bad place to stop.  Website:  http://www.jeanbonnettavern.com/index.html

Deerhead

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »

Here's what I've go so far in Excel format.
Thanks
Robert
IBA Member #11042
1999 FXR3 Green
2018 BMW R1200RT

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »

Here's what I've go so far in Excel format.

That's nice work. 

Don't shoot me on this reply, I'm just asking questions. 

I do realize what you've done takes personal time to do, lots of it, but the addresses are not complete and not many even show the state the restaurant resides in.  The GDB information is nice if I've picked a place near me to try out.

You've asked people to list what type of food place its known for, are they open all day, do they open for lunch only, are they dinner time only places, etc, but none of that is listed.

This is the first I've read the thread and I'll get an e-mail out to you with some local places within riding range of the Greater St. Louis MO area.

Thanks for the hard work and information you have so far.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Deerhead

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »

That's nice work. 

Don't shoot me on this reply, I'm just asking questions. 

I do realize what you've done takes personal time to do, lots of it, but the addresses are not complete and not many even show the state the restaurant resides in.  The GDB information is nice if I've picked a place near me to try out.

You've asked people to list what type of food place its known for, are they open all day, do they open for lunch only, are they dinner time only places, etc, but none of that is listed.

This is the first I've read the thread and I'll get an e-mail out to you with some local places within riding range of the Greater St. Louis MO area.

Thanks for the hard work and information you have so far.

:)  :)  :)

The Excel file is just a by product of the input process, the gdb file is really all I care about. I posted the Excel file for those that don't have MapSource and want to input the coordinates into another GPS type software. It is selfish of me but I really don't need the physical address, etc. that's why it is not in the Excel spreadsheet.
I believe I actually just ask for people's favorite restaurants. I figure if it is good enough for them it is good enough for me. I don't want to get into classifications like, can you eat there in riding gear, need reservations, etc. I just figured I'd show up, or call before hand and if I can eat then I'll eat. I'm trying to keep it simple and I'd normally call ahead the day before regardless and ask questions then. I do a 10k trip each year so I'm bound to be close to some of these great eat places!
I live in Memphis so St. Louis is a good lunch ride. I'm planning a Average Rider 3 Eats Ride, with Lambert's in the MO bootheel, Boyette's in Tiptonville and Doe's in Paduach as lunch stops, with breakfast and dinner stops closer to Memphis. Looking forward to getting your suggestions. I appreciate the help.
Thanks
Robert
IBA Member #11042
1999 FXR3 Green
2018 BMW R1200RT

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.